Diamond Flasks are back in 0.11.1

2 second and uses 80 charges?, that's kinda lame
When will phase run come back...?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
didevol wrote:
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
How should such an Item be useful? 2 SECONDS AND ONE CHARGE? XD
I bareley use flasks at all (to lazy) so for my preference it should be at least 20 seconds last, before such items are even start to be useful. Besides the fact that my Marauder can't crit at all and my Summoner Witch is not based on crit dmg at all. :D
I guess it needs a build where you do a gazillion attacks within 2 seconds.

However, I welcome every game additions like graphics, new items, helmets, better performance etc... :)

In CB it was always crit for the said 2 seconds. 100% crit for a WHOLE 2 seconds was ALOT.

I forgot what the max duration with %20 was.

The old CI dagger shadow that I ran (Well, I still run one) used 3 Diamonds and 2 Granites'. near 100% up time on all flasks.

2 seconds of pseudo-doubling my crit chance on my current shadow sounds juicy. Almost 10 aps on double strike and ~6 on Lightning Strike.

I'm curious as to if this Flask will function with Inner Force or not (since Granite and Quicksilver do)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/344469 My Secret Stash!
Self-Proclaimed SlothFather
IGN: Asscreedfourteen
Flasks in all leagues?
"
Chris wrote:
Diamond Flasks in 0.11.1 roll your Critical Strike Chance twice and pick the best value.

To clarify, you mean that we get 2 chances to crit? As in, we use a skill, it rolls to see if we crit based on our crit chance and if we didn't crit the first time it will roll again?

If not that I'm not sure what you mean.

I'm going to read through the pages of responses now to see if something has been mentioned on this.

If it is like that, it would be binomial probability then, wouldn't it?

Bear with me here, I'm not a math genius and I could be completely wrong about how this works.

N = Number of rolls (2)
R = Number of Crits we want (can only be 1)
P = Probability of getting a Crit (0.2 or 20%)
L = Probability of not getting a Crit (0.8 or 80%)

(N / R) * P^R * (1 - P)^(N - R) = Chance of getting exactly 1 crit out of 2 rolls

Assuming a 20% Crit chance

(2/1) * .2^1 * (1- .2)^(2-1) = .32 or 32% chance to crit with a Diamond Flask up

I'm not sure what to make of the way Chris worded this, "roll your crit chance twice and choose the best value". What value? I feel like something is going over my head.
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Last edited by Glowyrm on Jun 19, 2013, 11:53:35 AM
This new flask doesn't sound very useful on the surface (i.e. it's not making that much difference to your crit chance) but I assume (hope?) its receiving a lot of play testing on the alpha realm.

EDIT: "First strike *always* crits [if it hits], the rest during flask effect are lucky." sounds more appealing.
There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it. - Squeakypaw, 2013
Last edited by obadonke on Jun 19, 2013, 12:17:50 PM
When balancing this, please keep in mind that with the power on crit gem you could stack crit multi with minimal crit chance. Just pop the diamond flask to gain power charges. Once you have them it's easy to keep them.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Don't use it if you don't like it. I don't know why people are so disturbed by what others are doing.

If you are constantly worried about others doing more dps than you are, this game is not for you. That stuff belongs in MMO.

yet another of these..

if a game has a) economy b) ladder c) has content available depending on stuff that you can trade

actions of other DO impact me in a direct way. if there are some players that decide to follow the cheeziest path available - FP / LA / Spork /whatever and because of benefits they bring are able to corner market/dictate prices on gear required to explore content (you cannot do it with drops in a reasonable time) then they directly affect me.

Diamond Flasks promote these cheezy builds even more than other builds. I dont like it. This game had a potential to not be a D3, but with this change it will be the same - you WW Barb or you are the looser. Are there any other builds besides LA/FP/Spork that benefit hugely from these flasks? Because it seems that any build with very fast attack speed/multihit and based on status aliments will benefit WAAAAAY more than lets say.. any melee build (most melee players use resolute technique anyway..)

I dont like this change.. already OP/prevailing builds do not need any more help and while this will help underdogs like phys builds it will help the cookieutters even more - widening the gap.

Maybe make it so it affects only melee attacks or non-spells?

I think these flasks support a bigger build variety. Melee chars would have the opportunity to consider going crit over resolute technique. Well then, you'd have to invest a bit in accuracy, but with the flasks it would at least PAY OFF and not damn you to be a lame ResoTech Sweeper. Also, i think, especially in HC, this will be better on the (ranged) builds you mentioned, but that's not a question of flasks. It's that ranged is still better than melee, in this game.

There should be some sort of additional defense mechanics for melee, to those we already have. A passive like "when melee weapon equipped, gain 10% additional armor per hit. stacks up to 5 times. Something like that, but i'm not a game-designer.
Last edited by TheHolonist on Jun 19, 2013, 1:29:18 PM
"
Necrogue wrote:
When balancing this, please keep in mind that with the power on crit gem you could stack crit multi with minimal crit chance. Just pop the diamond flask to gain power charges. Once you have them it's easy to keep them.

As someone already mentioned via a table, the optimal effectiveness of the flask is achieved at 50% crit chance. So if you want to use it effectively, you might want to take a lot of crit. Of course power charges are a way to do so, but instead of going for power charges (50% incr. crit chance), you could go for other crit passives (bloodthirst etc.) which fit better into your build. Also, not everyone likes Voll's (50% reduced mana pool) and there are better support gems then power charge on crit.

But yeah, these flasks make it easier to obtain power charges. I think that's a good thing tho.
Last edited by TheHolonist on Jun 19, 2013, 1:37:24 PM
Too many people not reading that the numbers aren't finalized...

This is pretty interesting, I like how it enhances the crit you already have instead of just guaranteeing crits and discouraging people from getting any crit chance at all since they'll crit anyway.

I also notice you keep teasing things...new cave? new chests? This new patch will be bigger than we think...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info