The truth about RMT and Botting

"
myr wrote:
its also not entrapment for the police to sell drugs to someone and then arrest them and take their drugs :/
How the fuck not? Provide links.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
myr wrote:
its also not entrapment for the police to sell drugs to someone and then arrest them and take their drugs :/
How the fuck not? Provide links.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-66481.html

police do what they want anyways. they were giving drugs to ppl to rat at occupy.

also ggg is not the police. entrapment is a rule for law enforcement ggg is not bound by these rules
IGN- Isiander
"
ShaeG wrote:

These casual players have two choices, play the game and be below average or find and RMT site to allow them to compete. This is a simple logic to digest, time is money. People spend money on their hobbies.

This is the main problem. I had lengthy discussions back in vanilla WoW with people buying gold in my guild. Their view was that it was their god damn right to buy gold for the money they make having a job since they didnt have time to grind it. They felt they shouldnt be punished for having family/wife/job and they couldn't see any harm with it.

In my view it all boils down to lifechoices you make, if you choose to have a job and family/wife well then that is your choice. Others choose to invest in their game instead giving up everything else. Every choice comes with a consequence but some just wanna spend dollars and have no drawbacks to their choices. RMT, goldbuying etc should always be a bannable offense since it is cheating and heavilly affects the game they are playing.
Rarity has nothing to do with this, thus your premise about "truth" is flawed. There's a better solution to this than captcha.
"
Hovergame wrote:
Spoiler

Let me check what GGG gave to us as possibilities :
-I can create a char in a perma league and have fun. But I need a lot of time to be at the top.
-I can create a char in a 4-months league and have fun. Everybody is starting from scratch, but this is still time consuming.
-I can create chars or the races. The duration are between 12 minutes and 1 month. There are solo race, everybody starts from scratch, trading is disabled, etc. The winner is the fastest player, and it isn't really time consuming.

- you can create a char in a perma league and run the content.
- you can create a char in a 4-month league and run the same content, hoping to find a few super-rare Rogue Exiles, and some super-rare league-specific items. all bound to reckless RNG.
- you can join races and run the same content again, only faster...

and make no mistake, I play in all of the above. have since OB.
maybe don't race as much but that's because of time-zone problems.
like you, I was super-excited about the new leagues - only to start playing and realize they are nothing more than just ladder resets, when the new features are so few and so luck-based.
the only thing I do like, is the 8 challenges. their implementation is flawed, but the right intent is definitely there.

drop/enchant-RNG mechanics need a complete overhaul. content needs the addition of challenges everybody can try - unlike "Coward's Trial" which is a unique map, which I never got to try because it didn't drop, and I never had the currency to buy it or Chance it.

crazy challenges. "Median XL" style: enter a cave and get swarmed by fast, immortal zombies. "TL2 Tarroch's Tomb" style: survive 10 waves of high-level bosses and rares coming from all directions.
and dynamic RNG ( = not "slot machine") will make sure you are rewarded. if you survive.

all - hopefully - in the final, released version of Path Of Exile.
so far, GGG gave us more of the broken, random same. I hope they will give us something which isn't no-lifer-exclusive, but does indeed "separate the men from the boys".

skill, not luck.
achievements, not mindless grinding 24/7.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I think that more "hard core" gamers engage in RMT than casuals.Due to the randomness and rarity of drops,u can very easily play all day and never make much.I ve seen ppl with 3 mirrored items on them and a 6L shavroness.I dont know how this could happen legilimetely.Also increasing by far the drop orbs in my opionion is crucial for 2 reasons.1)it would stop the rediculous value increase of exalted orb that breaks the economy.(i find it rediculous other currencies being somewhat stable in value and the exalted increasing day by day.Stuff that u can get for 1-10 GCP maintain that price,while for items that ppl would ask for an exalt or more,while they seems that maintain the value they become more expensive every day,due to the increase of exalt.So cheaper items stay the same,more expensive become even more expensive.It is like the dollar mainting in price,while the 10dolar increseing in value every day,)2)Since they are crafting orbs,ppl would as well start using them.And this wouldnt break the economy.If kaoms now costs 30 ex then it would cost,say,100 ex,but it would be the same thing pretty much,after 1-2 weeks of instability.Plus decreasing significantly the value of exalted would be a huge pain for ppl that bought them for alot of real time money,and that is GREAT :D.Other way could be,introducing some form of stable value currency and drop the crafting orbs as currency.Then let the exalt go as high as it gets,players wouldnt care all that much.I dont think though,that all of these would prevent ppl from buying from RMT sites
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
I don't see how filling in a captcha would be any more annoying than turning on your auras. It would ruin botting. And to the guy who said you could just have the bot log out and back in, there could be a captcha there too. It would be a very small inconvienience to type a word.

Just so you all know botting is happening in POE right now. I received 200 coins for micro transactions from a mod for directing him to a site where it was hosted. There's a few of them. And they are only getting faster and smarter. If they aren't stopped we will have super bots that can do anything like the ones in d2 and wow. Wow is a much more complex game and there are bots that do full raids along side real players now completely hands free and undetectable by blizzards Warden.

The market is getting wrecked by RMT ( new leagues already trashed) this bad in just beta... BETA... If this continues wait until official release.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
i understand the casual player has less time but what about high schoolers whose parents would kill them if they were buying items for a video game or how about us ppl who legitimatly live below the poverty line?

stfu if you saying you shouldnt be at a disadvantage cause you have a wife and kids.

first world problems yo, ppl are being sold as slaves in this world. burn your money.
IGN- Isiander
What if mods gave a micro transaction coins reward bounty for assisting in catching RMT? Like a sting operation.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
"
ShaeG wrote:

I would say more than 30%... RMT for online game currencies is a multi MILLION dollar industry.

As for my comment about a captcha... It was just an idea. What's yours? The captcha would actually work against botting regardless of some players crying about it. Don't knock an idea when you havnt come up with one.

I wonder if 30% of the playerbase even knows what RMT is... 0.3% seems more accurate.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info