The truth about RMT and Botting

"
"
Temper wrote:
A thousand dollars spent on RMT is a thousand dollars spent not supporting GGG and POE.RMT is detrimental to games in so many ways from server load to loot/mechanic nerfs.

It costs money to develop and run the game.

It costs GGG money to deal with RMT.

/facepalm

What's so facepalm about that?
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
_avenged_ wrote:
"
Nithryok wrote:
"

I agree with this concept, but does it extend as far as mirrors?

I agree with this concept as well, I think the only exception should be mirrors. They should still remain rare. If that's the only item botters can farm to sell for alot it will cut down on the amount of money they can make.

But this wouldn't stop people charging higher prices for items, but it would encourage crafting so you would not be as dependent on certain items.

And I agree with this concept like all of you.

Mirrors can remain drop-only, since they do not really contribute to crafting, but allow for a legal one-time dupe of a superb item. I would have no problems finding a Mirror once a year or two if I could realistically craft my items without cursing myself for wasting currency when I could have bought stuff instead. On that note, currency usage needs to be tweaked, but that's for another thread.

Back to the point, though: If vendor rates were fixed, we would see a much more stable trading economy for currencies. Sure, it would fluctuate a little due to the inherent ease of bypassing steps or trading downwards, but you sure as heck would never see 55 Chaos to 1 Exalt if the vendor rate (after converting) stood at, say, 20:1.

This would in turn help to regulate currency use, as mentioned above, because in the current situation, nobody but the really rich would want to use an Exalt simply because of how powerful it is as money in the bank (that keeps appreciating in value, too).

My only worry, though, is that leaving Mirrors out of vendors might then make them the new Exalt, i.e. valuable things are only bought and sold in Mirrors.

This is not really the case though. The more vendor recipes you add, the more diluted the system becomes. Ultimately, you end up with a league where there is an excess of bots/farmers putting in large quantities of orbs that can be used to craft the highest levels of gear very quickly and basically bring the league closer to its end more quickly.

This is bad.

Also, the inherent problem with your statement on sitting on a pile of exalted orbs is that you are misunderstanding the problem. The reason why exalted orbs increase in value is because there is more of everything else coming in and increasing the supply; it has very little to do with RMT.
Do a version of RIFTs coin lock,

you get the lock and you CAN'T loot until its cleared, thus you arent stuck with a capcha in your face, and can play all you want, but cant loot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info