Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

Whoops, my numbers were wrong. I added the 41% more phys taken into my own damage dealt.
Should be:

1883*7.31=13764 dealt to monster
13764*1.41*.18= 3493 dealt to me

Same damage dealt to me, but my 6% leech is only on 13764 done to monster, not the 19k I posted, so I leech only 13764*.06=825.84. Every time I hit, my es goes down 2668. Ouch.

With 5% leech gem on:

Top phys is 1272, so 1272*7.31=9298 dealt to monster
9298*1.41*.18=2359 reflected at me
My phys leech is 6%, so .06*9298=557.88
Leech gem is ALL damage, so total combined top end is 1636, so .05*1636*7.31=597 additional from gem.
557+597=1154 total leeched
2359 reflected - 1154 leeched = 1205 damage on me yet. I suppose with the gem on I could take 4 hits, but mobs take longer with only 35k dps, and it still doesn't account for damage reflected from splash damage to surrounding mobs.

With the 41% extra damage from abyssus, I should need 18%*1.41 in order to leech back the reflect hit, so for me that's 25.38% life leech to be more or less immune to reflect.

Sorry for posting a lot of math to prove something everyone knows already :)

/edit: thinking of testing with Bloodseeker, I need 28 regrets to test it, pm me hereif you would like to donate :)
Last edited by roguemjb on Aug 14, 2013, 5:13:27 PM
"
roguemjb wrote:
Whoops, my numbers were wrong. I added the 41% more phys taken into my own damage dealt.
Should be:

1883*7.31=13764 dealt to monster
13764*1.41*.18= 3493 dealt to me

Same damage dealt to me, but my 6% leech is only on 13764 done to monster, not the 19k I posted, so I leech only 13764*.06=825.84. Every time I hit, my es goes down 2668. Ouch.

With 5% leech gem on:

Top phys is 1272, so 1272*7.31=9298 dealt to monster
9298*1.41*.18=2359 reflected at me
My phys leech is 6%, so .06*9298=557.88
Leech gem is ALL damage, so total combined top end is 1636, so .05*1636*7.31=597 additional from gem.
557+597=1154 total leeched
2359 reflected - 1154 leeched = 1205 damage on me yet. I suppose with the gem on I could take 4 hits, but mobs take longer with only 35k dps, and it still doesn't account for damage reflected from splash damage to surrounding mobs.

With the 41% extra damage from abyssus, I should need 18%*1.41 in order to leech back the reflect hit, so for me that's 25.38% life leech to be more or less immune to reflect.

Sorry for posting a lot of math to prove something everyone knows already :)

/edit: thinking of testing with Bloodseeker, I need 28 regrets to test it, pm me hereif you would like to donate :)

You also just have to survive your own hit. If you get enough damage to kill yourself with a single hit, no life leech would save you, because you just die. So, it would be wise to replace melee splash with other gem.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 14, 2013, 5:38:43 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

You also just have to survive your own hit. If you get enough damage to kill yourself with a single hit, no life leech would save you, because you just die. So, it would be wise to replace melee splash with other gem.

I mentioned that already. That's the whole point I was making, with 4852 es, I was able to take a full hit of 3493, then would die on the next one. With enough es to take the first hit, and enough leech to get to full again with the next hit, then I'm pretty much safe.

And yes, I mentioned with splash against 30 monkey mobs, you're simply screwed.
The only advantage of bloodseeker is the fact that it will lower your DPS(lol).Otherwise life leech gem plus 20% blood rage 18% life leech.Add warlords markand u have around 26.If ur issue is not dying when accidently hit reflect mobs,just take out abysus and replace it with a high ES helm.The DPS will still be much higher than bloodseeker + abyssus and u will propably be safer in generall.

PS having a 20% quality blood rage for 10% life leech is a must for this build.If u are not using death rush for an extra 4% i recommend having extra life leech on ur rings.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Aug 14, 2013, 8:17:44 PM
Finally got to level 80 tonight, with splash and the life leech gem, phys reflect wasn't a prob if I popped a granite. Now I suppose I need 20 more gcps and some life leech jewelry
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for sharing this build.

I reached level 68 with the Dual Dagger CI build in this forum - Sadly though my ghetto gear lets me down and I was struggling to clear Docks (!) regularly without dying due to low ES and DPS.

I'm pretty poor so getting better gear seemed like one hell of a struggle. Rather than abandoning the char I respec'd to this build and it has totally transformed my character now. Made lots of progress (71 now) and can clear docks in a few minutes and 66 maps quite fast as well.

My ES is still really low due to a ghetto 300 ES chest and an ER shield but my damage output has increased significantly. Heavy hitters can 2 shot me still though but I seem to hold my own better with Enfeeble and Frenzy spam. Going to re-colour my chest tonight to ditch PCoC in favour of Melee Damage on my Flicker, should be even better then.

Still need to spend a few more regrets to completely switch the build over and I'm hopefully picking up new boots, belt and Maligaro's with the Orbs & drops I've been farming.

Good times! Thanks again!
"
turzyx wrote:
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for sharing this build.

I reached level 68 with the Dual Dagger CI build in this forum - Sadly though my ghetto gear lets me down and I was struggling to clear Docks (!) regularly without dying due to low ES and DPS.

I'm pretty poor so getting better gear seemed like one hell of a struggle. Rather than abandoning the char I respec'd to this build and it has totally transformed my character now. Made lots of progress (71 now) and can clear docks in a few minutes and 66 maps quite fast as well.

My ES is still really low due to a ghetto 300 ES chest and an ER shield but my damage output has increased significantly. Heavy hitters can 2 shot me still though but I seem to hold my own better with Enfeeble and Frenzy spam. Going to re-colour my chest tonight to ditch PCoC in favour of Melee Damage on my Flicker, should be even better then.

Still need to spend a few more regrets to completely switch the build over and I'm hopefully picking up new boots, belt and Maligaro's with the Orbs & drops I've been farming.

Good times! Thanks again!

I am really glad you like this build!Thanks for trying it.I know how it is to be poor,since i never traded up to level 79(!),so my my gear sucked pretty bad until i wwas level 80+.I still hate trading and doesnt do it much,so my gear that worths a total of 20ex came from mostly paying too much rather than trading to gain wealth.The dual dagger build(Xavyers) is a very good build but unfortunately like this they are end game builds and require very high DDPS to really function.This build is propably abit easier to level due to the use of shield to have significantly higher ES.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Aug 15, 2013, 4:40:39 AM
"
roguemjb wrote:
Finally got to level 80 tonight, with splash and the life leech gem, phys reflect wasn't a prob if I popped a granite. Now I suppose I need 20 more gcps and some life leech jewelry

I am glad it is working out better this way.If u still have troubles and switch to bloodseeker,feel free to share feedback here :)
"
roguemjb wrote:

Could you post what was your tooltip DPS and total life leech?
IGN: FrontierPsychiatrist_
well ... everyone should have a look at this http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/497707

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info