Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
"Shadow is useless for this build anymore. You really need to roll a Witch or maybe a Scion. The build will still suck compared to before though."

What gave you that idea? Witch / Shadow did not change. Witch start still looses one point to useless manaregen. Scion start just sucks in general, have you even seen it?

"2) People who do not have atziri's acuity like i did, and need Vaal Pact are more screwd than ever."

Not really, I already posted a link to build that efficiently takes VP and US, and only has about 60% less crit chance than your version.

For Witch it will look like this

With Auxium some mana nodes can be dropped and Charisma taken instead for -12% aura reservation.

When you need both nodes, travelling on left side of tree becomes very inefficient, and since one crit chance cluster was completely removed, there is nothing interesting left there.
I'll post the results when the patch rolls out.

Overall however it is pretty much a 100% nerf to the build without any options to compensate yet again.

Yeah, these links do not work. Witch is the best, no quetion about it. She does have a useless passive, but you are not forced to take the physical damage passives at the start of the shadow. You save 5-9 passives to put them to better use. Scion has weak start, for granted, but she can go through the middle faster, even avoiding the evasion passives which are completely useless since we are running Unwavering Stance. Anyway, the build still works, and i still choose the left side of the tree afterall, cause it does have the "melee critical strike' passives that still give a substantial amount of crit chance and some multiplier, and there are a few ES passives up the templar. But yeah, it is a straight up nerf. If the new melee counter gems are no good, there is no reason to play the build anymore. Crit Bows were left pretty much untouched.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
About Scion - you are forced to get 8 starting nodes if you want to branch into 2 different paths, but you only save 5 nodes from not going through Evasion cluster. So while you do get 13% attack speed, 10% melee dmg and 18% all res from it, you are also forced to spend 3 more points. Basically, Scion does not go through the middle of the tree faster, because of the amount of starting nodes you have to take.

All the links are for unofficial offline skilltree planner.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Dec 5, 2014, 1:28:35 PM
"
About Scion - you are forced to get 8 starting nodes if you want to branch into 2 different paths, but you only save 5 nodes from not going through Evasion cluster. So while you do get 13% attack speed, 10% melee dmg and 18% all res from it, you are also forced to spend 3 more points. Basically, Scion does not go through the middle of the tree faster, because of the amount of starting nodes you have to take.

All the links are for unofficial offline skilltree planner.

Theoretically, with Scion i would play with Crown of Eyes. No real reason not to. With the same amount of points Scion gets 50% spell damage, while shadow, without CoE gets 30% more physical and 20% speed. If you choose to run Shadow with Coe as well you lose 16% spell damage. But yeah, Shadow is better than Scion without CoE, plus since i had acuity and wouldn't need Vaal Pact, i would choose the left path, rather than the middle path. Anyway, it does not really matter. The Witch destroys both Shadow and Scion, with CoE or without, left path or middle path.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Dec 5, 2014, 2:58:11 PM
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Last edited by Dark_Chicken on May 26, 2015, 4:05:20 PM
Witch is better than scion by 4% spell and 1 node.
edit: same spell now, just 1 node better
Last edited by MugsyBoges on Dec 10, 2014, 6:33:21 PM
I might be crazy, but I'm planning to try this in Bloodlines. Any tips for me before I rip repeatedly?
So, should the 1.3 tree look something like this?

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAaoz1b8gUotmw2Ba_7UGxs6Z_tUgRL-tjmZpd8rb3KwqJ03DVcFJtbKXLDkjjhEcGfeMs4axmuT7Ydl9q2-cRlpAbcFaaE9vU6NbndCLqBX3p_i1V0All8bt8IQN_xsHFLL9WYxXXhq4c3GwLDY1tGSL0HU81uRFQpytLrhsl2VvpAot6NsUfAgQHTLMtH8NtXGuESOL3AW_60h0Uj0aApFXWZOcXL2aewBqMdrcx9zJyqayqWfOSfZhv3CPlz5_LpzCezdIhVw3ZYRkuJ-3E9r46EHvbGpfQ225W9Y6KY0Py4dgkpwg=

208% increase ES, 15% more ES, 48% increased accuracy rating combined, 290% increase pdmg combined, 435% increased crit chance combined, 105% increased crit multiplier combined.

Will these numbers work or should I call this one quits?
"
ata wrote:
So, should the 1.3 tree look something like this?

Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAaoz1b8gUotmw2Ba_7UGxs6Z_tUgRL-tjmZpd8rb3KwqJ03DVcFJtbKXLDkjjhEcGfeMs4axmuT7Ydl9q2-cRlpAbcFaaE9vU6NbndCLqBX3p_i1V0All8bt8IQN_xsHFLL9WYxXXhq4c3GwLDY1tGSL0HU81uRFQpytLrhsl2VvpAot6NsUfAgQHTLMtH8NtXGuESOL3AW_60h0Uj0aApFXWZOcXL2aewBqMdrcx9zJyqayqWfOSfZhv3CPlz5_LpzCezdIhVw3ZYRkuJ-3E9r46EHvbGpfQ225W9Y6KY0Py4dgkpwg=

208% increase ES, 15% more ES, 48% increased accuracy rating combined, 290% increase pdmg combined, 435% increased crit chance combined, 105% increased crit multiplier combined.

Will these numbers work or should I call this one quits?

It will work but it is not worth it. The damage output has been severely nerfed, without getting any extra defenses, and even atziri's acuity, with 60% leech effectiveness the build will be dangerous at levels 95 or so. Ranged crit is the way to go. Since i am not playing anymore i would not know, but the counter gems do not seem that good to me to keep on playing melee.
well clearly flicker is the best build in the game...and the worst hit by the nerf....to me every other build is boring....so long poutsos...maybe join me in reaper of soul
What DIABLO III never was is everything Path of Exile is

After I reset my tree from the patch, I re-did my tree very similar to the way "ata" did it and so far, I've noticed that my energy shield marginally dropped. So did my crit chance and multiplier. So basically, my question is did the 1.3 patch just ruin flicker strike builds? Or id I just redo the tree wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info