Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
OJ8_Graz wrote:
"
bloosm wrote:
Thanks for your excelent skilltree,I like it very much!
But after level 70(now I am level 70),I dead frequntly,almost oneshot by mob.
I tried to add Vaal Pact,but the same result..

This is my stat on TaiWan Server(Chinese):
DPS=4k
es=3600(after open discipline aura)
Critical Strike chance=60%
accuracy=86%

I have 2 problem(maybe more):
1.mana can not be supply steadily
2.element resistance almost none
3.how much total es should be ok?

please give me some suggestions,thanks very much!

From my experience when i started playing a Flicker nuke build, vaal pact is definitely a necessity for this one to avoid dying from reflect and leeching fast enough after taking a lot of damage since you are melee. Heres how I adressed those other problems:

1. For mana supply I used an accuracy/mana regen/resist ring and Dream Fragments, this unique is really really helpful in mana regen and to top off your maximum mana and sustain constant flicker attacks. plus it has a freeze immunity bonus.

2. Elemental resistances is easier to stack in Shield, Chest Armor and belt (Doryani's invitation Phys is tri res 30%). Rainbowstrides has 20% res and is a nice alternative for shoes as well for a start.

3. Total ES to start off with is not as high as you think, i was doing OK at 6K es in ambush and made it to level 93 with that, vaal pact or atziri's acuity(better) made that possible.

Thanks very much for your suggestions,I will think about Atziri's Acuity and Dream Fragments IF my es passed,But I think this ring will lost much Accuracy and Resistance.
"
Djangooo wrote:
"
bloosm wrote:
Thanks for your excelent skilltree,I like it very much!
But after level 70(now I am level 70),I dead frequntly,almost oneshot by mob.
I tried to add Vaal Pact,but the same result..

This is my stat on TaiWan Server(Chinese):
DPS=4k
es=3600(after open discipline aura)
Critical Strike chance=60%
accuracy=86%

I have 2 problem(maybe more):
1.mana can not be supply steadily
2.element resistance almost none
3.how much total es should be ok?

please give me some suggestions,thanks very much!

I had the same problem. If you go this build without a backup character it's really hard. Drop DPS to cap your resists. Buy some cheap shit, for example rings with phys dmg rolls, some acc and nice resists. They can be found for spare money.

After your resists are fine save up for a new weapon. Go straight to the 3-5 ex range. High crit, 240+ DPS. This will fix your crit and your DPS. After that you're good to go with smaller upgrades.

Thanks for your suggestions,I take a look at your skilltree,maybe I shoud resolve es problem first.
How viable is this build after 1.2? Can the build handle reflect maps with uber gear?
"
How viable is this build after 1.2? Can the build handle reflect maps with uber gear?

Easily. The build is better than pre 1.2 with uber gear. It is propably worse without though.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
I played with a guy recently who reccomended this build. I believe he did a couple things different but the build looked amazing. I am planning on getting the mirrored dagger. Already have great 6 link and es shield. Also will need to grab acuity. Can you recommend a mirrored amulet thatd work well for the build? Also how crucial is the accuracy on rings and helm? Thanks in advance for info.
"
I played with a guy recently who reccomended this build. I believe he did a couple things different but the build looked amazing. I am planning on getting the mirrored dagger. Already have great 6 link and es shield. Also will need to grab acuity. Can you recommend a mirrored amulet thatd work well for the build? Also how crucial is the accuracy on rings and helm? Thanks in advance for info.

Accuracy is very important. It is advisable to have it in every possible slot. If you have top acccuracy on every slot, you can propably skip one, but generally for endgame i reccomend your accuracy being 88% or more. As for amulets, the best is one that has crit multi/crit chance/physical/accuracy/% ES/Life leech. I think Kevz has it.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Can anyone help me make a lvl 90 tree from witch start plz?
Nvmd got one from mogsay ty much bro ur so GG.
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
ata wrote:
I always thought of making a frenzy/flicker shadow, that had CI and Ghost Reaver.

Never took serious thought until the recent patch, when I got a passive tree reset on my shadow. Your guide helped a lot actually.It's insanely fun, but after 20 mins of careful playing, I tend to RIP. After I've checked everyone's gear, I've come to the following conclusion: you guys have insane gear.

Compare it to mine:
Spoiler

I'm not doing enough damage so I refunded Vaal Pact, so I can actually get some leech. If I'm lucky, after extensive flickering the mobs won't hit me and the ES will refill on its own. The moment I stop flickering it's RIP. Only lvl 62 now, but I seriously can't level further due to extensive RIP-ing. Still fun gameplay though. Might have to work a bit to get better gear, and then come back to this.

Yeah man your items, your level and the level of your gems are not suitable for flickering. You do not even have a 5L. I also think that 62 is way tooo soon to respec in CI. Anyway, double strike will work much better with your gear/level, but still, at least a 5L is pretty much required. CI Crit builds in general are very expensive, with flicker being even more gear depended. Sucks but that;s the way it is. The only thing you can do at this point is to try to level with double strike at least to 75, and improve your gear, mainly your dagger, as well as getting a 5L.

Hey Poutsos!

Switched to Reave and got to lvl 70. Combined CWDT with Frost wall and got some extra needed safety, and the path continues for my shadow.

Got these upgrades beforehand and it really picked off.
Spoiler

Latest drop is the following helm, but I couldn't chrome it to any use, so I'll wait till I level my influence with Vorici so I can use his crafting bench.
Spoiler

Anyway, I was thinking Warlord's or Assassin's Mark would go great with this build. Since I can't decide between the two, what is your opinion on dual curse (linked to CWDT)?

EDIT: Actually, Vulnerability comes into play as well, considering I got Adder's Touch. Really can't decide now, damn...
Last edited by ata on Sep 22, 2014, 5:05:09 AM
For some reason, i am getting desynced very often with ambushers. So i sold mine loath bane and just crafted a little tiny platinum kris dagger. It seems more solid and ofc i do have less total dps but more DPU is good enough.
IGN: LUTHIL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info