Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

Hey just spoke to you ingame. heres my gear and tree.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0FtQzyDjwOSBB7ES8RlhRxFdcWvxzcHRQeGigqKPorCiy_MFQ26DpSPI5HBlZjVupW9VfJWK9Z819qY0NmnnBScFZyqX3jf8aGrofbiEKPRpAbkyeX0JlXmZqaE52jn8uly6Z_pwinNKyqsbO0DLTFtUi297iTuT65fL46wBrAUcEAwcXC7MNt14bbGttu29TjhOn-6hjquutj6-7sGO1B8uHz6vVL9zL46_rS_Kv_kw==

Last edited by rjwlewy on Jun 12, 2014, 12:17:38 PM
Hi Poutsos, thx for replying.

Ok here are my stats:
ES like 6k without Vaal Discipline, with about 7.4k
Crit Chance 60% unbuffed
Flicker Damage per use 3.6k unbuffed, 9.3 Attacks per second with 6 Frenzy Charges
Resis: are all at 75% or close to that.

Gear:

Before Atziri I plan to hit 90 and switch Wrath for Purity of Fire.
I don't like Double Strike as AOE skill, So I think I just kill the Mobs with Flicker Strike.
Lighting Strike I would switch to Low level CWDT with Low Level Ice Spear, GMP and Ice Spear to automaticylly generate power charges.
And I will try to upgrade the boots for something like 200ES and high double res.
What tacticts are to use?
Last edited by Banev on Jun 12, 2014, 12:13:20 PM
rjwlewy - we sorta talked in game.

banev-if you are using 6 frenzy charges,you clearly use a totally different tree than me.Why u use double strike as your single target and not frenzy?I mean the DPS of frenzy would be much higher,and it could charge you to flicker if you run out.

Anyhow,regarding atziri,you definetely need to have double strike on your 5L for atziri and the trio bosses.For the trio bosses immortal call is very very important and you should have AT LEAST 2 remove bleeding flasks.Try to kill the slut first,then the cycloner and leave the dual striker for the end.For atziri,definetely use purity of fire,4 ruby flasks,and try to dodge most explosion cause they hurt really bad.Also it is a good idea to have 1 or even better 2 vaal disciplines during these fights.
The ideal links for double strike are double strike-melee on full life-melee physical-multistrike-increased critical damage-life leech for these 2 fights.Since you have a 5L,you will ditch either melee physical or life leech.Seriously i do not know which is better keeping.Propably melee physical.

Also you have to get used to the fight,don't expect to beat it from your first try
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
I use double Strike, because when the first hit crits from double strike, then the seconds crits too.
I guess a six link would make the fight alot easier, right?
So is the Chestpiece I have 6-link worthy? Don't want to blow 3k+ fusings on this, if I can buy a better one for this amount of currency.
Hi Poutsos,

thx for this great guide. I tried your FlickerStriker in Anarchy for the first time, but discarded it due to the lack of stun immunity and missing currency. One month ago I gave it second try and yesterday I hitted lvl 96. My Conlcusion is: FlickerStrike is amazing.

I'm using the same build basically, but some aspects are different. I am using the opportunity here to present (and hopefully discuss) it.

Showcase
Gear

Gem Setup

6L: Flicker - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Damage on Full life - Melee Physical Damage - Increased Critical Damage
4L: cwdt(20) - Immortal Call(20/20) - Molten Shell(20/20) - Increased Duration (20/20)
4L: cwdt(1) - Enduring cry - crit weakness - enfeeble
4L: Blood Rage - Vaal Haste - Vaal Discipline - Increased Duration
3L: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Portal
3L: Hatred - Discipline - Reduced Mana

For MFing I switch my 6L to

6L: Flicker - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Damage on Full life - Increased Item Quantity - Increased Item Rarity

I can do this in a 2 ppl game without loosing kill speed. Furthermore, I use this setup on maps with phys reflect and vulnerability.

Stats

~36k average damage on hit
~8-10 APS
~300k DPS

~10k ES
~25% damage reduction
~resistances at 75%

Major Differences and Ideas:
1. As you can see, I am using neither Auxium nor Dream Fragments, I have a flask instead. On my way to level 96 I died only once due to be frozen.

2. I play without Power charges. With "Dragon Hunger" its possible to reach the crit cap of 95% without any charges. I am at 92% crit chance with Flicker Strike, and I plan to replace my prismatic ring with a Diamond Ring soon to hit the cap.

3. I am using Windsream because of the extra curse. I let my low cwdt do the cursing (crit weakness + enfeeble). Since I have installed this, I didn't die anymore. The +1 frenzy charge is also very comfortable, especially in larger partys (5-6 ppl). Ofc windscream has no ES, no mana, low armor and low resis, compared to Rainbowstride or crafted bootes, but I will never go back to a single curse. Especially on elemental reflect maps this setup works like "double curse on hit" and therefore feels like a 9-link-attack.

4. I am not using any alternative attack. Maybe thats a weak point here. For hard bosses or Atziri I swap Flicker Strike to Frenzy. However, in 1-2 player games the map bosses melt down with my 5 frenzy charges immediately, only palace dominus requires gem swapping.

5. I skilled nearly all aura effectiveness nodes and Inner Force.

6. I heavily use Vaal Haste nearly all of the time. I keep Vaal Discipline for emergency cases at Atziri or bosses, but hardly use it.

7. I did not skill any crit multiplier so far. The damage is awesome without it. Maybe I consider skilling this when I hit lvl 98.

8. I aimed for some Armor on my euqipment in order to have some damage reduction. I plan to replace the helmet by a hybrid armor/ES preator crown in some time.

Endgame
The kill speed with this kind of character is very high, also in partys. Ppl complain, that I am often too far away and out of xp range. From my experience only good geared Fyndel ST chars have a higher clear speed, Mjölner Discharger are comparable.

The largest danger for me is Flickering into a divine shrine. Furthermore, I try to avoid maps with phys reflect + vulnerability + -max res. I cant play Blood magic.

I dont like to play alone. Typically, one can find me in groups with 2-4 ppl.

Atziri
I did more then 200 Atziri runs with it. The required time for one Apex run (full clear) is between 5-10 minutes. Vaal and Trio Bosses can be handled with Flicker Stirke, Atziri requires gem swapping to Frenzy. I do not have Purity of Fire or Elemental Adaption and I dont need a ruby flask. Sometimes I die at Atziri, when I take large risks by trying to tank the huge flameblast or storm calls.

Uber Atziri
Never seriously tried that so far.
IGN ................... MikeManning
Alt Art Stuff ....... view-thread/1401085
Shop ................. view-thread/536289
Boost-Service .... view-thread/543033
Gilde ................. view-thread/817890
Last edited by pasta777 on Jun 20, 2014, 8:54:36 AM
"
pasta777 wrote:
Hi Poutsos,

thx for this great guide. I tried your FlickerStriker in Anarchy for the first time, but discarded it due to the lack of stun immunity and missing currency. One month ago I gave it second try and yesterday I hitted lvl 96. My Conlcusion is: FlickerStrike is amazing.

I'm using the same build basically, but some aspects are different. I am using the opportunity here to present (and hopefully discuss) it.

Showcase
Gear

Gem Setup

6L: Flicker - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Damage on Full life - Melee Physical Damage - Increased Critical Damage
4L: cwdt(20) - Immortal Call(20/20) - Molten Shell(20/20) - Increased Duration (20/20)
4L: cwdt(1) - Enduring cry - crit weakness - enfeeble
4L: Blood Rage - Vaal Haste - Vaal Discipline - Increased Duration
3L: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Portal
3L: Hatred - Discipline - Reduced Mana

For MFing I switch my 6L to

6L: Flicker - Multistrike - Melee Splash - Melee Damage on Full life - Increased Item Quantity - Increased Item Rarity

I can do this in a 2 ppl game without loosing kill speed. Furthermore, I use this setup on maps with phys reflect and vulnerability.

Stats

~36k average damage on hit
~8-10 APS
~300k DPS

~10k ES
~25% damage reduction
~resistances at 75%

Major Differences and Ideas:
1. As you can see, I am using neither Auxium nor Dream Fragments, I have a flask instead. On my way to level 96 I died only once due to be frozen.

2. I play without Power charges. With "Dragon Hunger" its possible to reach the crit cap of 95% without any charges. I am at 92% crit chance with Flicker Strike, and I plan to replace my prismatic ring with a Diamond Ring soon to hit the cap.

3. I am using Windsream because of the extra curse. I let my low cwdt do the cursing (crit weakness + enfeeble). Since I have installed this, I didn't die anymore. The +1 frenzy charge is also very comfortable, especially in larger partys (5-6 ppl). Ofc windscream has no ES, no mana, low armor and low resis, compared to Rainbowstride or crafted bootes, but I will never go back to a single curse. Especially on elemental reflect maps this setup works like "double curse on hit" and therefore feels like a 9-link-attack.

4. I am not using any alternative attack. Maybe thats a weak point here. For hard bosses or Atziri I swap Flicker Strike to Frenzy. However, in 1-2 player games the map bosses melt down with my 5 frenzy charges immediately, only palace dominus requires gem swapping.

5. I skilled nearly all aura effectiveness nodes and Inner Force.

6. I heavily use Vaal Haste nearly all of the time. I keep Vaal Discipline for emergency cases at Atziri or bosses, but hardly use it.

7. I did not skill any crit multiplier so far. The damage is awesome without it. Maybe I consider skilling this when I hit lvl 98.

8. I aimed for some Armor on my euqipment in order to have some damage reduction. I plan to replace the helmet by a hybrid armor/ES preator crown in some time.

Endgame
The kill speed with this kind of character is very high, also in partys. Ppl complain, that I am often too far away and out of xp range. From my experience only good geared Fyndel ST chars have a higher clear speed, Mjölner Discharger are comparable.

The largest danger for me is Flickering into a divine shrine. Furthermore, I try to avoid maps with phys reflect + vulnerability + -max res. I cant play Blood magic.

I dont like to play alone. Typically, one can find me in groups with 2-4 ppl.

Atziri
I did more then 200 Atziri runs with it. The required time for one Apex run (full clear) is between 5-10 minutes. Vaal and Trio Bosses can be handled with Flicker Stirke, Atziri requires gem swapping to Frenzy. I do not have Purity of Fire or Elemental Adaption and I dont need a ruby flask. Sometimes I die at Atziri, when I take large risks by trying to tank the huge flameblast or storm calls.

Uber Atziri
Never seriously tried that so far.

Hey man,sick gear you have there.The double curse thing is definetely interesting.Now as about the other things,i have tried some of them.I want to take inner force as well,and i would have,if i did not have to spend 2 points for 10% resists that i need.I am about to do that as long as i get some more resists on my gear.Now,apart from IF,the 8% aura passives,i don't think they are worth taking instead of multiplier,but since you do not use ES boots,they are nice to replace some of the lost ES,plus some added DPS.

And since u got dragon hunger and some crit chance on your amulet it is understandable not running power charges.I would not use them as well if i was using just flicker,but each to his own playstyle,and for me not having alterate attacks does not work,i have tried it.

Now,i thought about dropping auxium as well,but a diamond totem with cold mobs around can be a major pain in the ass.That's why i am not considering dropping it yet.Anyway,great job on the character.

A suggestion for you:Since auras are pretty powerfull and u have invested on them alot,i think it would be a good idea to ditch molten shell,and put your auras on a 4L using empower as well.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Jun 14, 2014, 7:56:27 AM
Well, you can equip Auxim for map with extra totems only, since Diamond totems dont spawn in regular maps....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Well, you can equip Auxim for map with extra totems only, since Diamond totems dont spawn in regular maps....

Really?I did not know that diamond totems spawned only in extra totems map.I guess i could use another belt,and swap auxium in totems/extra as cold/-resists/cold bosses, but still,with 12K ES and auxium i am also hardly ever getting chilled,which is great,and auxium is a great source of ES as well.So all in all,24% physical damage is not really worth it for me,to replace it.
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Really?I did not know that diamond totems spawned only in extra totems map.I guess i could use another belt,and swap auxium in totems/extra as cold/-resists/cold bosses, but still,with 12K ES and auxium i am also hardly ever getting chilled,which is great,and auxium is a great source of ES as well.So all in all,24% physical damage is not really worth it for me,to replace it.

That's true (unless GGG made changes in recent several months). I personally used belt for resists, but i think this isnt an issue for you... However, you can use belt for extra flask charges/duration, but finding one with good stats would be pretty hard and its usefullness depends on your playstyle....
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 16, 2014, 2:29:31 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Poutsos wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

That's true (unless GGG made changes in recent several months). I personally used belt for resists, but i think this isnt an issue for you... However, you can use belt for extra flask charges/duration, but finding one with good stats would be pretty hard and its usefullness depends on your playstyle....

Flask charges are awasome.The magnate is awasome for this build if you do not need resists and do not have auxium.But yeah,the luxuries of auxium are too damn nice to remove it after geting spoiled on the no chill thing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info