Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
claudio0405 wrote:
Hi Poutsos i rly enjoy the build im using:

but i have a few problems with mana and survivability is a dream fragment rly nesessary? what changes should I do? any recommendations? e.e

Hey mate,i d like to see your passive tree as well.Generally speaking,you will never be TOTALLY ok with mana unless u have atziris acuity.However,very high DPS is what helps alot,like i had,so generally i was OK even before the gloves,but i did spam mana potions here and there.Also it is my playstyle,where i choose not to flicker that much.I generally pause here and there and use frenzy/lightning strike.This way i desync less,and have more control over the situation.That is one thing about survivability,try not to flicker endlessly.You lose control of your character

Now regarding gear,no i would not say dream fragments is essential.I played up to level 87 or so without either auxium or dream fragments,just with dispel frozen potiions,and they work just fine.I would say that level 90+ you will eventually need auxium or dream fragments,cause you cannot afford to die from random freezes,especially in "extra as cold" maps.

Now regaring your gear,i d say that your dagger really suffers.You do need to get a bino's/This will help you alot.Other than that.You obviously need more DPS on your gear.I would say that your chest is fine for now.Try to upgrade your helmet and shield.But really.i think a good dagger should be your priority.Have you taken the reduced resercation passives for auras on the templar area??How much ES do u have.Generally i need more info to help
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Hi again thanks for reply im lvl 83 my passive tree its almost the same u recommend with a extra node of dex:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0OPA5IEHsRLxGWFHEV1xa_Fy8c3B0UHhooKij6KjgrCiy_L28wVDboOlI8jkNjRwZV1lZjVupW9VfJWK9Y9VnzX2pjQ2TnZp5wUnBWcLtxTXKpeA19435Zf8aApIauh9uIQo9GkBuSfZMnl9CYb5lXmZqaE5rPnaOdxJ_Lpn-nCKc0qW6sqrGztAy0xbVItve3MbiTuT6-OsAawFHBAMHFwuzXhtkT2xrbbtvU44Tlz-oY6rrrY-vu7UHy4fPq9Uv3Mvjr-tL_kw==

i have 4645 ES and 6143 with dicipline,with flicker strike i have normal 4062 damage per use,67.2% critical chance critical multiplier 611%. With frenzy/power charge: DPU 4941, 6.17 Atk.Spd,critical chance 85.9%.i can buy a dream fragment/helmet or a shield but i dont have for a bino right now i need to sell a few items but i dont know for how much here is the post to:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/808744/page/2/#p7936328

i know the two stone ring sucks to but i cant take off that ring otherwise i don't have enough Dex e.e the problem is i spend almost everything in this character and its getting harder at this lvl i enter into the Apex of Sacrifice and and died at the entrance over and over XD dps wasnt enought to restore frenzy charges :(
Last edited by claudio0405 on May 29, 2014, 10:09:38 PM
"
claudio0405 wrote:
Hi again thanks for reply im lvl 83 my passive tree its almost the same u recommend with a extra node of dex:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABX0OPA5IEHsRLxGWFHEV1xa_Fy8c3B0UHhooKij6KjgrCiy_L28wVDboOlI8jkNjRwZV1lZjVupW9VfJWK9Y9VnzX2pjQ2TnZp5wUnBWcLtxTXKpeA19435Zf8aApIauh9uIQo9GkBuSfZMnl9CYb5lXmZqaE5rPnaOdxJ_Lpn-nCKc0qW6sqrGztAy0xbVItve3MbiTuT6-OsAawFHBAMHFwuzXhtkT2xrbbtvU44Tlz-oY6rrrY-vu7UHy4fPq9Uv3Mvjr-tL_kw==

i have 4645 ES and 6143 with dicipline,with flicker strike i have normal 4062 damage per use,67.2% critical chance critical multiplier 611%. With frenzy/power charge: DPU 4941, 6.17 Atk.Spd,critical chance 85.9%.i can buy a dream fragment/helmet or a shield but i dont have for a bino right now i need to sell a few items but i dont know for how much here is the post to:
Spoiler

i know the two stone ring sucks to but i cant take off that ring otherwise i don't have enough Dex e.e the problem is i spend almost everything in this character and its getting harder at this lvl i enter into the Apex of Sacrifice and and died at the entrance over and over XD dps wasnt enought to restore frenzy charges :(

Your damage is very low, I recommend using Abyssus and getting high ES boots until you can get a better dagger. Also recolor your chest RRRRG and use melee damage on full life over crit damage.
"
claudio0405 wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Ok man,i feel like your problem is indeed your damage.I have also said that in the original thread.Flicker is in fact the endgame skill.Many people that played told me that they could flicker efficiently sooner,but i always reccomended to use double strike,until your DPS can allow you to flicker eficiently.

I d suggest to use my full party setup,with double strike as your main skill,and use a 4L flicker with increased critical strike+ power charge on crit.This way you save a slot in your main attack,and u gain charges while u are moving from monster to monster.So basically use flicker as a charge generator,and use double strike as your main skill.When u do get a better dagger,and about double that amount of averange damage,u can start flickering.Take it slow,and do not upgrade rest of your gear now,Your ES is OKish.Save up for a bino's or better and play carefully.

Also it is really soon for apex.Mobs there have higher HP than a 78 map from experience.

EDIT: Also use melee on full life,not melee physical on a 5L.It has a lower mana mutliplier.With double strike you will be OK weith either,but on flicker,anything that reduces your mana cost is useful
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on May 29, 2014, 10:47:26 PM
well i will try to get a 20/20 double strike to play a little more safe what about Reave skill or double strike still better?
PD: u have any idea about how much cost the items with max increased quantity or the rest of them x.x?
For people having trouble with mana: Getting an item with 4+ mana gained on kill or getting a single 5+ mana gained on kill near the shadow tree can be a good alternative. For me, it has allowed me to endlessly flicker mobs; only needing to mana pot up on orange named and occasionally some rare bosses.

I like to endlessly flicker because I am incredibly lazy; and finally am able to do so because reflect doesn't kill me anymore~!

How expensive are those Instant Leech gloves and do they apply on Mana leech?

Thanks.
IGN: Flickerdart
"
Kabiras wrote:
For people having trouble with mana: Getting an item with 4+ mana gained on kill or getting a single 5+ mana gained on kill near the shadow tree can be a good alternative. For me, it has allowed me to endlessly flicker mobs; only needing to mana pot up on orange named and occasionally some rare bosses.

I like to endlessly flicker because I am incredibly lazy; and finally am able to do so because reflect doesn't kill me anymore~!

Thanks.

Yes. All leech, including mana leech from critical strikes is instant.
"
Kabiras wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah,that's true,if your DPS is high enough,apart from acuity,the mana gained on kill is the most viable option if you want to be perma flickering.You d still have to hit mana potions on isolated bosses,but thats it.
Hi, I have a few questions before I want to do this build. I've tried it on my HP Block Ranger and I had ~2700 damage per flicker at lv.72. Do you think I could make this build work with

Also, would Rat's Nest work instead of Maligaro's or is the crit mult from Maligaro's necessary to deal damage? Is Vaal Pact really required for 66-74 maps or can I get by until I get better gear with regular leech? Finally, at what ES would I transition to CI?
"
WowSoGood wrote:
Hi, I have a few questions before I want to do this build. I've tried it on my HP Block Ranger and I had ~2700 damage per flicker at lv.72. Do you think I could make this build work with

Also, would Rat's Nest work instead of Maligaro's or is the crit mult from Maligaro's necessary to deal damage? Is Vaal Pact really required for 66-74 maps or can I get by until I get better gear with regular leech? Finally, at what ES would I transition to CI?

Yo,this dagger is good enough.If u aim higher than level 90 u d need to upgrade it at some point,but for the most part it's more than decent.

Now about rat's nest,it's not so much the multiplier of maligaros that make them much better(even though it is a great boost for DPS),it's the loss of 300-500 ES that u d have on a helmet which is huge.

Vaal pact is required only if ur damage is high enough to kill u on reflect,if not it is not essential,but with flicker builds,it's better that u have it.Test for yourself though :)

Now about the transition to CI,i d say
chest:500 ES(higher is better,but i assume u ll be using a hybrid armour/es chest to roll the colours,so 500 it is a reachable goal)

shield:400
helmet:300
boots:150

and some additional intelligence/es on your jewllery belt

With that flat amount,when u do the respec at high level using all the passives,i assume u d stand at 7+K ES which is decent enough.Of course as u level u ll need more...For the most part,until your gear is up to par i think your ranger might feel better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info