Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

"
exxidus wrote:
How exactly does it work that you flicker around million times in your videos ... isnt multistrike supposed to only copy the skill 2 times ... so 3 flicker strikes - and then you should have cooldown on it and not be able to flick around anymore? or do i get something wrong here? ...

Cooldown on flicker can be bypassed by expending a frenzy charge. You can receive them with killing mobs while under Blood Rage, and against tough bosses, you should use frenzy to gain charges. Multistrike provides 3 attacks at the cost of one (that applies to frenzy charges too), so you wont run out of charges too fast.

"
Well just wanted to add to that. I didn't take any life nodes whatsoever... had 450 deaths prior to lvl 67-8 when I went CI/Vaal/GR... but also even though it's noobish, this is my first char and I think you should add things like "max out your res's" cause I forgot about 'em, importance of granite flasks, and res flasks that dispell/remove stuff.

When i was leveling, i didnt take any life nodes. But i specced into CI/GR far earlier, at level 54. If you dont want to pick up life nodes, you should respec into CI/GR at 48-56 level. At that level, you can get decent ES gear for low cost.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 18, 2013, 5:44:33 AM
Make_A_Witch_foundation - Yeah,it's been around awhile.It got popular on the way i guess ;D

GoranH - Yup,not getting life nods is the hard way!If u are patient and don't really care about dying it can be done.About status effects,thats the really great thing with auxium,freeze/chill is not an issue anymore,burning doesnt bother me anyway,and the only real dangerous effect is shock.You have to be prepared for shock.If u are about to face piety,or torture chambers boss or dominus,you should have topaz flasks with u,all with dispels shock,and ideally with recharge on crit strike.I know that on my videos of facing dominus or piety,i didnt carry topaz flasks,but it is not advisable :P.And yeah,the risky gameplay is my favourite part :D

exxidus - What MoratlKombat said.

MortalKombat3 - Sure,expirienced players,both at playing and trading,can and should respec to CI earlier.Especially if the have gear ready for them.For new players,usually(not always),is a distaster though.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
Poutsos wrote:
Dazaraki
roguemjb Yo mate,this build looks extremely cool.I am pretty sure it will shred on PvP.Do u really need dual weild?An one handed with shield,and use cyclone instead wouldnt work?Or u want the extra crit for dual weilding and twin terrors passives?But cyclone is extremely op.U know i dont PvP at all anymore,but we played with my cousin for fun,who plays a marauder with 70% block,15K armour,5.6K life and generally i was strugling,but with cyclone i destroyed him,totally and completely :P. Anyway,this build used to be top for PvP,then everyone and his brother started doing block builds,so it is not really very effective anymore

Thanks for checking out my build! Yah, I tried to pvp on my 81 flicker shadow and the block was just ridiculous, mind blowing that I couldn't do any damage. My build went with swords just for that purpose for the reduced enemy block nodes. I went DW for the extra crit passives because I figured crit would be much harder to come by on swords. Good crit % on a sword is just 6.7%. But I also got wrecked once by a cyclone duelist, albeit one 15 levels higher, but it def showed me the power of cyclone, so I will start leveling a cyclone gem once I find one.
Hey Poutsos,

Listen, I know you are playing Shadow, but I was hoping you could advise me in my Witch. I already had a witch leveled, so I decided to try a variation of your build created by Make_a_Witch_Foundation ( https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/611692 ).

I'm finding it a lot of fun. It's awesome to have more than one "main" attack.

About gameplay, i usually make Power Charges with Lightning Strike. Mana is not an issue at all because of the Witchs mana regeneration ratio. I have a better shield, but needed the one below to cap ( or almost cap ) resists. Also have Crown of Eyes and another good ES helm, but am using Abyssus because the -30% fire resist was hurting me and I like big numbers.

I've been dying on bosses like Dominos and Brutus sometimes tho. And i'm afraid I will probably die a lot in higher level maps. I can do most maps with ease, except phys reflect. How could I make this build a little more tanky? Enough to reduce the deaths. Do you also die a lot?

My tree

My gear
Spoiler

Some other items i could use.
Spoiler
buttseckz No i do not die alot.The main reason you are dying abysus.Generally your gear is pretty good.U need to have a high ES shield,and a high ES helmet.Also u need a dagger with higher DPS.Tree looks fine.

I know i said i retired this shadow,and i did play with my templar and level him to 88 yesterday.However today some pals where playing a creamtorium,and they didnt wanna risk playing the boss,so i was called for help.I decided to make a clip of it since it was missing
Vs cream boss: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNol244Pb_g&feature=youtu.be
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
So I went from 1-60 in 1 session. Planned out gear per level. The life build honestly isn't bad. I have a few tips for making it up to the point of CI. This will include gear easily accessible to everyone for cheapish. note, use Crest after u stop using Goddess

I just made a stash tab ready to go after I killed hillock.

Level 1-8 used

Passives

Gear
Spoiler

8 - 19 same gems +
and level a flicker gem.
Whirling into cleave for multiples, Whirling into double for single
Passives

Gear added

Spoiler

19-29 The fun starts!
link double strike and flicker to splash in a 3 link at least. Added fire too if u have 4L. Level a Multistrike gem
Passives

Gear added
Spoiler

30+ The endless Flicker strike till ES. 4L Flicker with Multistrike/Splash/Added Fire
Use this combo till you equip your 5L, no mana problems, 100% frenzy/power charge uptime.

Other gear Added
Spoiler

Passives personally I rushed for all the damage, only a couple deaths.

Then once I had 5L it looked like this

This will get you through. If you have arguments on Thief's Torment they're bad ones. It's a GREAT ring for leveling new toons. As far as expensive.... It's gonna cost you 20-100 exalts for a good dagger. 5-100 exalts for ES gear. So the 1-2 you spend to not worry about anything till that point is trivial.
IGN @ExileProz
Last edited by SirJukesAlot on Nov 18, 2013, 7:07:46 PM
You can buy a slow dagger with 200+ physical DPS and 9+ crit chance for 5-10 exalteds (in standart), and it will be enough for most encounters you can face in endgame. That isnt a big sum, decent 6-L will cost more.

P.S. Poutsos, can you update first page and remove/revise some outdated data? For example, critical weakness 20/20 gives you just +79% crit damage, and reflect mods/auras are just a joke when you use CWDT+end. cry+immortal call+increased duration (assuming you arent too close to oneshot yourself with 1 hit)...
I also beg you - remove that part, where you tell that your build sucks. It DOESNT! I've seen seen far weaker builds, that were called awesome and viable. Your build has everything the endgame player needs - insane clearing speed, ability to deal with any mobs and mods (except Blood Magic), ability to use MF and superior survivability. Are there any flaws in your build (in general)? Sorry, but i see NONE ATM! Reflect? Easily dealt via CWDT gem. Gear check? Most builds require much more expensive gear to be able to do something at all! Desync? I dont remember when i died from it last time, and again, most builds are same vulnerable to desync (even if they claim they dont). MF? Easily stacked if you want. Farm speed? It's probably the fastest ever! Troubles with flicker in party? You got lightning strike for that.
Yes, my skill tree differs from your pretty much, but my goals are the same. My build may be different, but we have same requirements for gear and gems, and use same skills. I dont use Lightning Strike for solo farm though, and my gear is MF gear, but that does little matter. I recommend that build (both yours and mine) to everyone, who despaired in finding proper build for himself.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 19, 2013, 4:53:55 AM
SirJukesAlot Nice leveling guide.I obviously haven't tested it but it seems pretty efficient.If players here do test this and it is effective i ll posted in the first page.

MortalKombat3THanks alot mate for your kind words,i really appreciate it.I want to revamp my guide,but unfortunately that takes time.Will do sometime.Also the "sucks" part is kind of a joke.Actually when i first posted the build,it had serious issues,that overtime overcame.I think it is a funny touch.The videos are there for anybody to decide if it does suck or not :D
double post for some weird reason that i dont get :p
Last edited by Poutsos on Nov 19, 2013, 9:39:03 AM
Hey Poutsos,

Just a quick question- With the new Spectral Throw- wouldn't that be better than LS? You would get all your dagger damage passives, also your dagger crits and so on... but the main thing is the pierce and ability to throw through things that LS won't go through like over ledges, bridges, cages and so on.

Also, Infernal Mantle- what are your thoughts on this? it has 100% global crit chance but has a 100% increased spell damage taken when on low mana (which this build is always on).
Just asking because i have seen 5 and 6 linked ones going for pretty cheap.

What are your thoughts?
RAAAAAAAA!

(╯ಠ益ಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ ︵ ǝ︵ o︵ d

I'm out.
Last edited by Orzi on Nov 19, 2013, 2:48:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info