Lv96 Poutsos' Flicker Nuke - Outdated

FrenchVanila No changes.Just that i use leveled cast when damage taken.It is advisable to level it up as much,depending on how much damage u think u can take before it triggers

MortalKombat3 I have considered taking US,and i woudl have done it,if i had a godly amulet :D However i don't,and have other priorities,like rolling my 6L(40 more chaos wasted :P)

Now i leveled to 90!!I took the missing frenzy from badit respec,and now the character is essentially complete.Also added a section below gear explaining why i have so many rings linked.This character will be retired for now and i ll focus on my templar.Also i will be playing way way less from next week.Thanks for ur support guys,u are amazing.Take a double dominus fight just before this asassin retired :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvnUJbsWNQs
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
hey man. congrats on the finished build! I think this is probably one of the best builds out there in terms of DPS. Awesome work man.

Im just wondering in the future would you stick to ur current headwear or upgrade to rat's nest?

also if you ever looking to sell / give away ur dagger / gear, let me know because i just might have enough money by then LOL!

anyways gl on ur future builds i will def check them out (y)
Hey Poutsos I need some advice please.
My Gear

I can barely make though lunaris if I'm careful with my flickering.
Basically every mob hits me for about 500 ES and if I dont flicker and crit them, I die fast.
Also I see no way of running discipline, hatred and purity at the same time ;s
help me out with gear suggestins and what should I improve.
My Tree
dis mah sig.
Last edited by InSaNeOo on Nov 15, 2013, 7:04:37 PM
Poutsos, great build! I listed your thread here by the way, have a good look :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443

By the way, have you considered using a 6L Shavronne's Wrapping instead of a 6L Rare chest? Would it be better for this build? Or do you use the latter for resists?

Thanks in advance!
IGN: Asharin
~[1.0.5] 9K ES CI+VP+AA CoC EK-Discharger~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/730607
~Top 5 Builds in Standard/Domination~ www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/599443
Last edited by Wishinan on Nov 15, 2013, 9:59:21 PM
bowen123 - Thanks alot for ur kind words :).As for rat's nest,no,there is absolutely no reason for me to use it,with my crit chance being 92.5%.It is however a good option for someone who lacks on crit chance,due to a low base crit on his dagger.A high ES helmet would always be the best way to go

InSaNeOo - Hey man,your gear is pretty decent already!The dagger,even though it is quite weak,it has very high crit base which will give eventually consistency on your crits,which is a good thing.You need to do the following and i beleive u ll have no troubles.You should get rid of your headpiece which is worthless to this build,and buy instead a good ES helmet,with definetely more than 200 ES.If it has resistances and accuracy even better,but try to aim for high ES.Now u just need 4 levels to get arcane focus on the witch area,and influence(the aura buffer) on the shadow,that will greatly increase your survivability.Then the hard part is that you definetely need a 5L.You chest is good.If u feel lucky,try to make it 5L/6L.Otherwise,save 3-5 ex to buy one.Afterall,i am still using the same 5L chest i bought in May for 3.5 exalts.Now if u do all these and still face troubles,it will be due to the low DPS of flicker strike,which would be hard to sustain.Then i would suggest to go to my party setup.Whih is using double strike as a main attack,and using fliker strike,which has much higher crit chance than double,to gain power charges.Link your flicker with increased critical strikes and power charge on critical to gain them easily as you move for mob to mob.Even when using double strike,it is advisable to flicker into mobs,rather than walking to the,cause u take less damage.Gaining also power charges on the proseces is easy!
Edot:I do not run discipline,hatred and purity at the same time.The videos that i did use all three of them together were pre realease where auras reserved much less mana.Currently i am only running discipline and hatrd and cap my resists from gear.Endurance charges may also help if u are close,but not quite there.On elemental weakness maps,i sacrifise hatred and use purity instead!It is important to have your resistances close to the cap,at all situations.Elemental damage is the worst in this game,especially in bosses!

Wishinan - Hey mate!I know,Inexium informed me about the thread,i ve read it through.I am honored that you consider my build that good,and i greatly appreciate it.However these threads tend to cause alot of flaming to ppl.It would be advisable to add an IMO on the title of the thread,and also encourage ppl to suggest their favourite builds.Also i d have to add that u listed some of my favourite builds in there :D
About Shavrone's!Some ppl who play this build used shavrone's succesfully.However i don't regard it as a good choice.You loose anywhere from 200 to 600 ES compared to a good rare ES chest,which also can come with resists,as u said.U also lose chaos immunity,and the ability to use melee on full life gem.On the other hand,u gain the low life attack speed bonus from blood rage,which actually can cause more troubles than help,and the ability to use 1-2 more auras,which is pretty good,but not good enough,compared to the benefits of a good ES rare chest.My 2 cents
Edit:Not to mention the rediculous price of a legacy shavrone's which i could never ever affor anyway.The only reason i got a mirror and mirrored my dagger,is due to some good RNG on one hand,but mainly to the fact that Kaom's(which dropped for me in september),was turned into a legacy item and i was able to sell it pretty high!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Last edited by Poutsos on Nov 15, 2013, 11:55:18 PM
Can someone explain me how the flicker strike actually works?
My english is not very well and i didnt understand much. If someone speaks german, it would help me alot to understand it even better.
"
InSaNeOo wrote:
Hey Poutsos I need some advice please.
My Gear

I can barely make though lunaris if I'm careful with my flickering.
Basically every mob hits me for about 500 ES and if I dont flicker and crit them, I die fast.
Also I see no way of running discipline, hatred and purity at the same time ;s
help me out with gear suggestins and what should I improve.
My Tree

You cant make DPS build with just 4-L chest (no matter what stats it has). Sell that shit, and get at least 5-L chest, or even Tabula Rasa (i did that, personally). With this build, Damage should be your best defence (not ES), because dead enemy cant hurt you, and all damage you deal will be leached back to ES. DPS is the king, all other is secondary. Also, get shield with better ES.

"
My english is not very well and i didnt understand much. If someone speaks german, it would help me alot to understand it even better.

Use Blood Rage.
Use Flicker Strike + Melee Splash + Multistrike.

Flicker Strike - has 2 seconds cooldown that can be bypassed if you spend frenzy charge.
+
Blood Rage - grants frenzy charge on each kill
+
Multistrike - you hit 3 times but expend only 1 frenzy charge
+
Melee Splash - you hit multiple enemies at once
=
PWNAGE (Assuming your damage is high enough to kill enemies with few hits)
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 16, 2013, 2:48:19 AM
Thnx Poutsos and Mortal! :)
I will try to grind 4 more levels and get better helmet+shield (5l/6l es chest is out of my league currently - I barely have 5 chaoses :s)

"
mustiii361 wrote:

I think mustiii361 asked how flicker works technically.
I did google translate from the gem info:
Spoiler
Teleportiert den Charakter zu einem nahe gelegenen Monster und greift es mit einer Nahkampfwaffe. Wenn keine spezielle Monster gewählt wird, wird eine nach dem Zufallsprinzip ausgewählt. Die Abklingzeit kann umgangen werden, indem eine Aufwendung Frenzy Aufladung.

Flicker has a cooldown (you must wait 2 seconds to use it again) BUT if you have FRENZY CHARGE (the green circle that spins around your character) you can use flicker again and not wait for cooldown but 1 FRENZY charge will be gone.
I hope I helped ;s
dis mah sig.

HELLO SIR, im just wondering if i really need to change the sockets into 3 red. cuz my damage is still 53k. im lvl 74.

"
Flicker Strike - has 2 seconds cooldown that can be bypassed if you spend frenzy charge.
+
Blood Rage - grants frenzy charge on each kill
+
Multistrike - you hit 3 times but expend only 1 frenzy charge
+
Melee Splash - you hit multiple enemies at once
=
PWNAGE (Assuming your damage is high enough to kill enemies with few hits)

THIS was exactly what i wanted to know. Thank you very much sir. But Blood Rage does Chaos DMG. So i have to Skill Imun to Chaos but my life becomes one. But i skilled allready on % Life, what should i do now?
Last edited by mustiii361 on Nov 16, 2013, 1:27:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info