0.11.0d Patch Notes

lol, I hope the rogue exiles aren't too tough now I haven't managed to find one yet >.<
"I am not lisning to your rules" - King Curtis
I'm divided about Brutus and Kole. On one hand, the damage and speed of attack of Kole (not even Brutus) is really high. Especially the Kole-like boss in certain Maps. On the OTHER hand, if you take desync out of the picture entirely, it's very easy to avoid his ground slam. I've just been killed by it a LOT because I dodge, but desync lets me get hit anyway...so...not sure if nerfing them is a good thing.
"
Qiox wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Use a decoy/skele totem, on the later difficulties you can enfeeble him, or use some kind of ranged ability, any melee character should have some form of ranged attack for times like this, something like traps.

So your answer to people saying "melee is broken" is to tell people to not melee.

Way to not get the point to update 0.11 that was meant to make melee a valid option throughout the whole game.

No, my reply is have some ranged ability for dangerous situations. that's just common sense. And melee will ALWAYS have these issues, because that's the nature of melee, to take more damage and be in more dangerous positions and unless GGG make melee ridiculously OP that won't change.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Jun 12, 2013, 10:41:24 PM
GGG you guys are simple amazing. Less than a week and you have already increased the appearance of the rogue exiles. Simple beautiful!
could have buffed kripp instead but that's ok too
I LOVE these changes. I've only run into one exile that caused me problems in merciless on the ledge. After I killed her and looked at my light resist I knew why. -15% on an arc casting hoe hurts haha. Good to see you are improving them a lot! In the 4 I have killed I got 2 rares and a bunch of blues and whites.
I believed kripp got 1 shot by kole's critical, just unlucky... beside 50% reduce is not so high. The nerf not really necessary
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
"
Qiox wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Use a decoy/skele totem, on the later difficulties you can enfeeble him, or use some kind of ranged ability, any melee character should have some form of ranged attack for times like this, something like traps.

So your answer to people saying "melee is broken" is to tell people to not melee.

Way to not get the point to update 0.11 that was meant to make melee a valid option throughout the whole game.

No, my reply is have some ranged ability for dangerous situations. that's just common sense. And melee will ALWAYS have these issues, because that's the nature of melee, to take more damage and be in more dangerous positions and unless GGG make melee ridiculously OP that won't change.

I say BS. D2 melee where balanced. D3 nothing was balanced but melee wasn't in terrible shape. In the alpha of Grim Dawn melee are viable. Even in a terrible ARPG Marvel Hero's melee are useable. This is one of the only ARPG's I have ever played where melee are so far behind ranged its not even funny.

Now what I will say is GGG is getting there. Trash mobs and rare mobs are fine with melee now. Its bosses and high "spike" damage type mobs that are the only issue now. Well that and gathering gear for the average person. I have only had one or two rares so far that have had double resists on it. But that a luck issue not a balance issue.
"
I'll just add that if Kripp, who is obviously an experienced player beyond most of the playerbase (talking about averages here), can be destroyed like that, then I imagine there have been hundreds of people who have as well.

Thus I don't see this as a 'nerf for Kripp', only that Kripp is the most visible victim of the imbalance.

I am sure GGG are aware he wasn't the only one.

exactly

Keep up the good work, GGG!

MORE SKILL GEMS IN THE NEAR FUTURE, PLEASE! AND UNIQUE FLASKS!!!
"
Qarl wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
Really? Nerfed brutus and kole? Because of kripp? Really? Is this D3? I mean really, stop nerfing shit. They aren't even hard, anyone can easily avoid that slow attack.

Nerfed because it was actually too high. After the monster damage reduction, I thought Brutus/Kole was too wimpy and turned it up before 0.11.0. That turned out to be too high, and it wasn't just Kripp that was taken out by this particular boss.

It will still be dangerous.

It's like all the people in this thread screaming that Brutus/Kole was nerfed because of Kripp's death and only Kripp's death just ignore this. This and what Charan said...GGG was very aware of how many people were dying to these two and they overdid the damage a bit so now they're bringing it more in line to what it should've been. Correcting a mistake...seems fine to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info