New Video: Dyadus Detonate Dead [The Dyadus Thread]

Update to the Avatar of Fire build. Turns out the explosion doesn't work like fireball so concentrated effect doesn't give damage, and your burn damage is very high so the gem gives lackluster returns. I switched to added lightning damage, took static blows for lightning stack shotguns, and put life leech on it to survive. the damage is still pretty low, only about 4k dmg from a shotgun but i'm working on it!
Hey there. I saw you have a build list so I thought I may as well share the one I'm planning. I will be using Dyadus in a Shield Charge Burn Proliferation build.

The extremely high fire damage and additional chance to ignite really make it a perfect fit. It isn't best in slot, as I'll be switching to a dagger once it transitions to a critical strikes version, but it'll certainly do the job well for many levels.

I'll share an explanation of the full build once I've completed it, and I aim to make a few videos as well. Thanks for the great item!
same name in-game
hello guys,

After having my first dyadus, I have decided to create a dual strike with double dyadus.

http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgAAAdwB5wOWCGcOchJpFCAVIBccGDwZLhmKGjgabBqPG_odqiXfJ-0pTypNMZ4yCTKJNZI2xTbYNug7KD8nRnFHfkrITeNQR1M1Vw1X4livWfNfqmBDZU1sRm1sbj1uaW6qb55xeXJscqlz4Xbnd-V4DXzZguSDCYTZiBuKr5ARkFWTOpu1na6ezaQZplenCKcwp4Spbqyqrs-1SLXyvSe-ir6nvrzAGsM6ykrSIdgk2WHeluGI5CLrjuw474X22veI-ej7Cf6P

this is the tree I have followed, where I thought it would be awesome to perma freeze and burn creeps.

After reaching 69 level with scion, I have realized I will have GREAT mana problems because of current jewelleries only provide PHYSICAL mana leech which doesn't fit my build.

I have tried different combinations of below gems with no success, your opinions appreciated:

Multistrike- dual strike- faster attack- elem prof- increased burning dmg- fire pen- WED- chance to ignite...
Hi , I'm currently building a Dual Wield Dyadus with Low-Life , Crit with Vaal Pact Cleaver. Probably gonna use 1 Dyadus and 1 good spell damage ES shield. Gonna use Crown of Eyes + Shavronne's Wrapping. Still planning and getting a 6 linked Shav. Maybe the build will be completed at 1.1.0 patch ( wondering if they gonna give us free tree respec). Will update soon!
And the topic would be
Bringin' Back Da Cleave Power!
Last edited by Crynite on Feb 17, 2014, 1:42:03 AM
Thanks to all for the builds! I'm coming up with a "proof of concept" video on burning with Dyadus so hope to share it with you guys soon.

"
iao wrote:
Hey there. I saw you have a build list so I thought I may as well share the one I'm planning. I will be using Dyadus in a Shield Charge Burn Proliferation build.

The extremely high fire damage and additional chance to ignite really make it a perfect fit. It isn't best in slot, as I'll be switching to a dagger once it transitions to a critical strikes version, but it'll certainly do the job well for many levels.

I'll share an explanation of the full build once I've completed it, and I aim to make a few videos as well. Thanks for the great item!

Hey! Aren't you the guy who popularised the elemental animator? Cool! Looking forward to seeing your build if you do come up with one! :D Shield charge makes lots of sense now that you mention it... lots of fire damage! :D
As mentioned, here's the proof of concept video :)

Dyadus has been shunned by some for its low attack speed. That, however, is not how I wanted Dyadus to be used. I've done my first ever youtube video (PLEASE BE GENTLE!) on how I wanted Dyadus builds to look like. I've been waiting for a long time to see a burn build with Dyadus but never saw one. Figured I'd just go out and do a proof of concept hopefully to get people better than I am at this game thinking about this build.

ENJOY! (if not the build, then at least listening to me mangle my words.)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohLekEX7dhI
Last edited by dlrr on Mar 16, 2014, 4:06:58 AM
interesting to hear the thought process behind unique creation

I hope someone makes a sweet build with this
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
I doubt many people have thought of this but in my opinion, Dyadus is BiS for Righteous Fire builds. Seriously, it's a free Vulnerability with lvl 1 Arctic Armour. :)
"
994125010 wrote:
I doubt many people have thought of this but in my opinion, Dyadus is BiS for Righteous Fire builds. Seriously, it's a free Vulnerability with lvl 1 Arctic Armour. :)

That's pretty interesting! I like it! :) No need for AA as well since most use Ice nova to proc EE.

I suppose most would just go for the +3 fire gem sceptre just to get fire resistance, but would be interested to see if anyone could pull this off
"
dlrr wrote:
"
994125010 wrote:

That's pretty interesting! I like it! :) No need for AA as well since most use Ice nova to proc EE.

I suppose most would just go for the +3 fire gem sceptre just to get fire resistance, but would be interested to see if anyone could pull this off

I thought about implementing it in one of my RF builds however, while the DPS increase would be nice, it is not really needed. You would have to sacrifice the weapon making it a lot harder to get a level 23 pof and perma chilling enemies is more difficult than it seems, especially bosses where the DPS increase becomes handy. Might try it tho after all :)
My guides
HC melee ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/507976
HC RF scion: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/666667
HC RF marauder: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/842382
RF resource guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/832331

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info