pls add gold to buy items

gold to buy items would be very nice
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You can already buy items. "gold" currency has been intentionally removed from the game by design.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Won't ever happen... POE will never use gold, however I can imagine them using various point systems in the future to track various character tied values.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Why?

It's pretty good the way is it right now.
El infierno es vivir cada día, sin saber la razón de tu existencia.
I like not using gold/money.
The items used as currency have value to them even if not making a purchase. Other games I play (that use gold/money) build up so much currency that it becomes almost useless.
"
zeto wrote:
Won't ever happen... POE will never use gold, however I can imagine them using various point systems in the future to track various character tied values.

So call it magic fairy dust, we need a low denomination currency item we can carry and hold absolutely loads of and an NPC who will trade currency items at supply/demand determined rates.
Scrolls of Wisdom are the closest thing.
Forum Sheriff
I like having to decide whether a purchase is worth losing the items they cost.
It also adds a cool trading aspect, where people trade for items they can actually use.

In D2, gold was absolutely worthless. Besides, people used items as bartering tools anyway (1 soj 4 high ruens chepa preice!!!!!).
There was nothing to do with gold in D2 except res your Merc and Gamble..

This way you have useful items that people are willing to trade for and active decisions to make, instead of a pile of cash that doesn't actually do anything.
"
tpapp157 wrote:

this. Scrolls are currency, I think they will play the same role as gold. with orbs being the 10's and thousands's markers. So instead of spending 2,300 gold, you give the guy a trans orb and 2 identify scrolls. Effectively its the same system. Would probably also involve the same amount of play time either way as well.

The only real difference is that it eliminates the need for players to hold a currency that has no utility outside of its ability to get items (or fulfill some meaningless gold sink like repairing durability). In PoE currency is valuable in that sense as well, but it is also intrinsically valuable to the player.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
tpapp157 wrote:

They will suffice when you can stack 100,000,000 of them and split stacks with a typed numeric value.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info