{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
Moose65 wrote:
So, I was just shown the new trap/mine nodes, and wow. I see a few that could be viable for a summoner. Is the damage boost worthwhile for zombie focus? Here are the nodes that are not too terribly far away for a summoner.

Expeditious Munitions (9% trap and mine dmg node (18%), a 18% trap and mine (36%) and a 5% trap and mine (10%).

Saboteur (9% trap and mine (18%) and a 20%!!! trap and mine (40%).

Clever Construction (2x 9% trap and mine nodes (18%), but has 1 useless node blocking those)

High Explosives (3x 9% trap and mine nodes (18%), 1x 7% trap and mine (14%) and 1x 5% trap and mine (10%)
how will that damage be calculated though ?

if we're doing remote mine, how will that damage factor in ?
"
grepman wrote:
"
Moose65 wrote:
So, I was just shown the new trap/mine nodes, and wow. I see a few that could be viable for a summoner. Is the damage boost worthwhile for zombie focus? Here are the nodes that are not too terribly far away for a summoner.

Expeditious Munitions (9% trap and mine dmg node (18%), a 18% trap and mine (36%) and a 5% trap and mine (10%).

Saboteur (9% trap and mine (18%) and a 20%!!! trap and mine (40%).

Clever Construction (2x 9% trap and mine nodes (18%), but has 1 useless node blocking those)

High Explosives (3x 9% trap and mine nodes (18%), 1x 7% trap and mine (14%) and 1x 5% trap and mine (10%)
how will that damage be calculated though ?

if we're doing remote mine, how will that damage factor in ?

Trap and Mine damage is listed as 2 separate sources. The damage is listed as Increased so I'm assuming it'll probably be added before the more multipliers.

Anyways, I got to thinking. Traps are annoying to use. You have to wait for an enemy to step on them to trigger and then get your zombies and spectres. But what if there was an easier way?

Matt got me to thinking about snapshot mechanics, and then I started looking up trap damage. Behold, Sunblast. A free 30~40% damage boost, AND it solves the trap problem, by making them trigger automatically after 6 seconds. Evangelists tend to hang back from other mobs, so if your using them you shouldn't have too much trouble spectring them, and if there is something nearby, simply detonate dead it.

I'm definitely thinking that the trap support gem is worth it now with some passives + Sunblast.
Last edited by Moose65 on Oct 29, 2013, 7:17:41 AM
Hey guys!

New to summoner.
Im currently lvl 62 witch in the nemesis league.
Im in Merci. And the summoner is SO fun. There are certain playstyle similarities to dual spork totem(my old main) that I love.

Im acctualy CI atm. Since I love the playstyle of being behind everything and the mechaninc of CI is something I enjoy.

Just for random info:

ES: 3,1k
Res: 75 in all
Auras: Clarity, Diciplin
Totem: Rejuv
Flasks: 2 * Granite, 2 * Jade, 1 quicksilver
# of zoms: 6 atm - multistrike+melee splash+faster attacks
Spectral: 2 * Burning miscreation - Inc burning dmg+Minin resist+Minion life

But I have a few questions. Hope someone has the time to answer some of them.

1. Does any +dmg on my items help either zombs or spectrals? Im talking spell power, crit, +x-x dmg, + fire dmg and so on and so on.
1.1 does the %dmg to minions nodes increase say Burning miscreartion burning dmg?

2. Is there a known "best secondary"? By that I mean, something other then your minions doing dmg. Like double totem, traps and so on. Or the best thing is to keep rejuv+curses up and let the minions rip?

I might add some questions. I had more, but I forgot about them. Its number 1 im most intrested in. Since im very much gearing up atm.

Thanks in advance. Regards
Greatness
Last edited by SuperGreatness on Oct 29, 2013, 9:41:57 AM
Everything answered here already but, well.

1. No, nothing applies thanks to GGGs "yours is yours, minions is minions" mindset. Except the things that directly state it as minion.
1.1. No either. Only Burning damage gem, and life boni.

For the best add... not "best", as many ppl have different oppinions about that, but many possibilities.
Last edited by Seelenernter on Oct 29, 2013, 9:58:52 AM
"
Hey guys!

New to summoner.
Im currently lvl 62 witch in the nemesis league.
Im in Merci. And the summoner is SO fun. There are certain playstyle similarities to dual spork totem(my old main) that I love.

Im acctualy CI atm. Since I love the playstyle of being behind everything and the mechaninc of CI is something I enjoy.

Just for random info:

ES: 3,1k
Res: 75 in all
Auras: Clarity, Diciplin
Totem: Rejuv
Flasks: 2 * Granite, 2 * Jade, 1 quicksilver
# of zoms: 6 atm - multistrike+melee splash+faster attacks
Spectral: 2 * Burning miscreation - Inc burning dmg+Minin resist+Minion life

But I have a few questions. Hope someone has the time to answer some of them.

1. Does any +dmg on my items help either zombs or spectrals? Im talking spell power, crit, +x-x dmg, + fire dmg and so on and so on.
1.1 does the %dmg to minions nodes increase say Burning miscreartion burning dmg?

2. Is there a known "best secondary"? By that I mean, something other then your minions doing dmg. Like double totem, traps and so on. Or the best thing is to keep rejuv+curses up and let the minions rip?

I might add some questions. I had more, but I forgot about them. Its number 1 im most intrested in. Since im very much gearing up atm.

Thanks in advance. Regards
Greatness

I find the different types of damage(fire,chaos) work better than the increase minion damage, but that being said its impossible to know how much damage they actually produce since the only stat given to us is a vague dps tooltip.

I personally think that you should run double curses, warlords mark + enfeeble; so that minions can heals themselves and take reduce damage from attacks to keep them alive forever.
What kind of weapon u guys suggest?
Besides those used to summon...
Why cant I see the skeletal summoner skill gem anywhere in the gear you linked?
"
Barrabaz wrote:
What kind of weapon u guys suggest?
Besides those used to summon...

depends on your build
cast speed, resists, mana regen, dex (int if you need it) are some of the stuff I look for in weapons
"
blacksheepnz wrote:

I find the different types of damage(fire,chaos) work better than the increase minion damage.

increase minion damage affects all types of minion damage though

so its always a question of 'how much'
"
grepman wrote:
"
blacksheepnz wrote:

I find the different types of damage(fire,chaos) work better than the increase minion damage.

increase minion damage affects all types of minion damage though

so its always a question of 'how much'

Was referring to the support gem, and my guess it only affect spectre base stats which are not visible, and not damage added onto it, but theirs no way of knowing. I only say this because say if you have added chaos damage, and/or added lightning damage, if you add Minion Damage the dps numbers don't change.
Last edited by blacksheepnz on Oct 29, 2013, 1:19:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info