{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

"
smoothh wrote:
does iiq/iir from gear works, if the tigger dmg from bm´s does the "last hit"?

Yes, your IIR/IIQ on gear counts if your minions get a kill. The IIR/IIQ gems now also work with BM spectres, so you can get some extra MF if mobs die to burning degen.
Thanks to Moose for providing the tips.
Most of them I have been currently using except dual curses and debuff

My setup:
vitality + determination + purity + discipline.
Grabbed all minions life passives
4 seething animation flask
6 linked BM + evangelist (chobber)
BOR zombies (multistrike + COD + life leech)
6 linked dom blow (chest)

I have no problem in surviving and killing bosses but what makes me feel annoyed is there's always 1-2 zombies or spectres died after some crazy boss fight. Even with very strong distraction by the 30+ dominated monsters, those AOE spells can kill some of my minions.

What I am going to try next is to wear windscream and add temporal chains to enfeeble.
ign: thirsty_guy
GMT+8
http://www.twitch.tv/ray1122
"
raytkh wrote:

I have no problem in surviving and killing bosses but what makes me feel annoyed is there's always 1-2 zombies or spectres died after some crazy boss fight..

zombies dying usually isnt a problem, you can always raise new ones on the spot.

spectres, yeah. hence why I pretty much ditched all the other setups besides 3 evangelists if doing 71+ maps. the clears arent anywhere close to what they can be with sentinels or BMs, but they rarely if ever die, and only to the very hardest bosses out there.

they dont even die to GMP piety in temple. in fact, I think summoners with evangelists can actually do -max res, gmp piety in temple given you have flask nodes, divination distillate and a couple of topaz flasks to get back to decent resistance.
The upcoming unique has increased damage mod, I wonder if it will work with minions, or it will be like le heup. Gettng a 7L spectre (with a free lvl 8 trap support) and increased damage modifier would be beastly.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Allnamestaken wrote:
The upcoming unique has increased damage mod, I wonder if it will work with minions, or it will be like le heup. Gettng a 7L spectre (with a free lvl 8 trap support) and increased damage modifier would be beastly.

le heup and modifiers like it do not work with minion damage.

Using the staff for level 8 Trap probably isn't worth snapshotting. You'd be giving up Chober Chaber's 40% HP to gain level 8 Trap + some other support.
Just noticed it's a 3l max, so it has no point aside from races, meh...
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
"
Yes, your IIR/IIQ on gear counts if your minions get a kill. The IIR/IIQ gems now also work with BM spectres, so you can get some extra MF if mobs die to burning degen.

Can I link Culling Strike with Item Rarity and BM and will it work?
"
axt7effekt wrote:
"

Can I link Culling Strike with Item Rarity and BM and will it work?

It would only work for the BM's melee attack--culling strike requires a hit to trigger, and the BM's unrighteous fire aura does not hit.
Hi everyone.

Progress at last.

1. be sure you check your flasks carefully. I did not have a single seething flask. doh! only 1 bubbling sacred flask, 1 catalyzed and the rest were normal recovery speed.

i was _very_ lucky. I spent 100 alts to make 2, count them 2, seething hallowed flasks of animation. i expect this to help tremendously. my other two flasks were sacred and giant! good grief. now i've got all 4 hallowed. 2 seething, 1 panicked, and 1 that gives me 5 full charges (ample, I think). i find that having 1 ample like that is great for recharges as you're mowing down the mobs on your way to piety (not running vitality yet).

2. the last time i went after piety i got her with _regular_ zombie raises, not even CoD, and still without seething flasks ! The key is absolutely temporal chains. the other very important tidbit is to chase her down with LW. I did put together the usual LW, casting, reduced duration and now i can get right after her. That means that the zombies get right after her too. she zips around so fast the zombies take some time getting to her and that's when she's killing them. hopefully that problem is solved with seething flasks....

3. i'm really think that multistrike and melee damage is a better combination than multistrike and melee splash. i've noticed an increased kill speed, and my last take down of piety with _regular_ zombies used that combo. i can't wait to try CoD zombies with that combo.

4. i am now using arc + lightning penetration + elemental proliferation. That works really nicely. I shock stack regularly on entire mobs, and the BMs just melt them. leveling up an arctic breath to try that.

5. i linked an elemental resistance to the BM, and no help. They still die against piety, and fast. So I have RS,minion life, minion damage, increased burning and minion resistance and they still don't ususally survive piety.

The good news is that they are easy to raise, so if they go down in the piety fight- not a big deal. the other thing i am most suspicious of is that they don't get their unrighteous fire going in time. piety moves so fast and hits so hard i think they are dead before UF is enabled. I think that's the "start-up" problem that I have. I suspect when they do get turned on in time is when I'm seeing her go down quickly. I have had several encounters now where she dies and I have 2 BM and 8 zombies left.

So TC + vulnerability is turning out to be the best combination for my set-up. It's really tricky to figure out which works better. If you enfeeble, monsters don't do as much damage, but takes longer to kill. Vulnerability and monsters are doing full damage, but you kill em faster. Makes me think a 3rd curse might just be the way to go.

And I still don't have a level 20 RZ. I can't wait !

Thanks to everyone for all the help. Best build thread evuh. :-)
"
plasticeyes wrote:
Spoiler
Hi everyone.

Progress at last.

1. be sure you check your flasks carefully. I did not have a single seething flask. doh! only 1 bubbling sacred flask, 1 catalyzed and the rest were normal recovery speed.

i was _very_ lucky. I spent 100 alts to make 2, count them 2, seething hallowed flasks of animation. i expect this to help tremendously. my other two flasks were sacred and giant! good grief. now i've got all 4 hallowed. 2 seething, 1 panicked, and 1 that gives me 5 full charges (ample, I think). i find that having 1 ample like that is great for recharges as you're mowing down the mobs on your way to piety (not running vitality yet).

2. the last time i went after piety i got her with _regular_ zombie raises, not even CoD, and still without seething flasks ! The key is absolutely temporal chains. the other very important tidbit is to chase her down with LW. I did put together the usual LW, casting, reduced duration and now i can get right after her. That means that the zombies get right after her too. she zips around so fast the zombies take some time getting to her and that's when she's killing them. hopefully that problem is solved with seething flasks....

3. i'm really think that multistrike and melee damage is a better combination than multistrike and melee splash. i've noticed an increased kill speed, and my last take down of piety with _regular_ zombies used that combo. i can't wait to try CoD zombies with that combo.

4. i am now using arc + lightning penetration + elemental proliferation. That works really nicely. I shock stack regularly on entire mobs, and the BMs just melt them. leveling up an arctic breath to try that.

5. i linked an elemental resistance to the BM, and no help. They still die against piety, and fast. So I have RS,minion life, minion damage, increased burning and minion resistance and they still don't ususally survive piety.

The good news is that they are easy to raise, so if they go down in the piety fight- not a big deal. the other thing i am most suspicious of is that they don't get their unrighteous fire going in time. piety moves so fast and hits so hard i think they are dead before UF is enabled. I think that's the "start-up" problem that I have. I suspect when they do get turned on in time is when I'm seeing her go down quickly. I have had several encounters now where she dies and I have 2 BM and 8 zombies left.

So TC + vulnerability is turning out to be the best combination for my set-up. It's really tricky to figure out which works better. If you enfeeble, monsters don't do as much damage, but takes longer to kill. Vulnerability and monsters are doing full damage, but you kill em faster. Makes me think a 3rd curse might just be the way to go.

And I still don't have a level 20 RZ. I can't wait !

Thanks to everyone for all the help. Best build thread evuh. :-)

the main issue is the minion gem level, lvl 20 gems do make a fuk ton of diference, my BM's only have purity of elements for resistences, they rarely die. once you get both to lvl 20 try out dual dps curses, when i go for piety she rarelys leaves the spot where she starts (shes deead before lightning warp activates)

and BM'S dont turn off they'r aura when you enter piety room, they'll only turn it off when you load a new area.

you said you noticed an increse on clear speed with meele phys dmg? are you talking about piety alone? becouse i was trying to figure out how i could make my zombies survive phys reflct so swaped splah for life leech and i noticed a decrease on clear speed (if you were talking about piety alone than thats obvious she would die faster :P), gona try life leech instead of phys dmg like matt says on its build.

btw you said on last page that you run hatred, if i were you i would use vitality instead

PS: matt what is your opinion on haste aura? i just bought an alphas howl and with it i can run 3 60% and 2 40% auras (dont use MoM nor i am interested on artic armor,and i droped skelies long time now so i only cast curses wich is basically the only thing i can do with 77 mana left) i am runing haste as of now, but what about the other auras?
lvl 1 determination makes my armor going from 11k to 15k.
lvl 19 discipline would just give es to minions (i would get 10 more mana)
not sure about anger or wrath, and to be honest, i am not rlly interested in those as when i party with guildes theres alwys some 1 with those (but none with haste, and rarely determination)
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
Last edited by Nyktasha on Dec 21, 2013, 3:58:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info