{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

melee physical is more damage compared to the increased dmg you get from minion dmg.
Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon
"
RedShades wrote:
Just thought I'd comment on the trap/mine nodes.

With my build, currently lvl 77, my specters have +112% damage and +155 life (haven't taken any minion damage nodes yet). When my build fills out the rest, sacrificing two 15% minion damage nodes for the 'Expeditious Munitions' trap/mine node near the center would be a no brainier.

Assuming lvl 20 gems with Trap (34% more), Remote Mine (49% more) and Minion Damage (imagining 150% minion damage vs 120% and 27% trap/mine damage)

Minion Damage spec
Multiplier = 1*(1+.34)*(1+.49)*(1+1.5) = 4.99

Trap Mine spec
Multiplier = 1*(1+.34)*(1+.27)*(1+.49)*(1+.27)*(1+1.2) = 7.08

Totally worth it.

This is exactly the information i was looking for. Thank you for providing this. This has confirmed to me that it is infact better to not only grab expeditious munitions, but also go and grab Saboteur at the cost of travelling to one of the other minion nodes.
Heh, I didn't notice those nodes. I was thinking of grabbing the life nodes there at the expense of the minion cluster near templar, and I think this just sealed the deal.

Just like most things in this game, the more you stack something the less effective each additional node becomes. 100% increased minion damage 56 trap damage and 56 mine damage is way more effective than even 300% minion damage, if you could even get that.
today was a good day for me haha, just killed piety on the 77 map and first fase dominous on the 74 map... all i want now is the 78 map for dominous and ill truly feel happy inside
IGN DefinitlyNotinSane
I was thinking, what about the storm call gem with reduced duration on it for spreading EE. Sure it won't shock, but I don't think mobs white mobs really live long enough for shock to matter and you wont really be shocking rares or bosses. I'm asking because I dont run EE yet for a couple of levels but storm call really does seem much better than arc because you can spread it over a whole pack very easily. Maybe add faster casting as well or some other gem instead of ele prolif.
ign: Maxvoobi Juggervoob
"
tdr3d wrote:
"
RedShades wrote:
Just thought I'd comment on the trap/mine nodes.

With my build, currently lvl 77, my specters have +112% damage and +155 life (haven't taken any minion damage nodes yet). When my build fills out the rest, sacrificing two 15% minion damage nodes for the 'Expeditious Munitions' trap/mine node near the center would be a no brainier.

Assuming lvl 20 gems with Trap (34% more), Remote Mine (49% more) and Minion Damage (imagining 150% minion damage vs 120% and 27% trap/mine damage)

Minion Damage spec
Multiplier = 1*(1+.34)*(1+.49)*(1+1.5) = 4.99

Trap Mine spec
Multiplier = 1*(1+.34)*(1+.27)*(1+.49)*(1+.27)*(1+1.2) = 7.08

Totally worth it.

This is exactly the information i was looking for. Thank you for providing this. This has confirmed to me that it is infact better to not only grab expeditious munitions, but also go and grab Saboteur at the cost of travelling to one of the other minion nodes.

I wouldn't be so hasty. Remote and Trap damage multiplier is NOT specific to mine or trap damage only boosts. It becomes a generic more multiplier once its linked to your zombies and/or spectres. Minion damage passives will get multiplied by them same as anything else.

What I'm not 100% sure of is if the dual nodes double dip or not, and I haven't been able to get an answer on that. If they don't double dip then your looking at a 9% node, with a 18% and/or 20% notable node on some of the circles.

"
RedShades wrote:
Heh, I didn't notice those nodes. I was thinking of grabbing the life nodes there at the expense of the minion cluster near templar, and I think this just sealed the deal.

Just like most things in this game, the more you stack something the less effective each additional node becomes. 100% increased minion damage 56 trap damage and 56 mine damage is way more effective than even 300% minion damage, if you could even get that.

Simply false information. There is no difference since they are ALL flat Increase nodes. 212% damage =/= 300% damage
Last edited by Moose65 on Dec 10, 2013, 5:15:18 PM
"
foojin wrote:
Is Moonsorrow a valuable wand to buy for this build? Put Arc in it for blind? Or does that not work for bosses. Bit torn in between what wand i should buy. Mana regen% perhaps? Seems quite needed for AA?

I am thinking moonsorrow with fast cast + warp + arc. Just not sure if it works with blind and if i can affort to loose some stats like mana regen / max mana.

Edit: just read it'll be only a 9% chance, guess thats not worth it then? Or how does this work vs. uniques \ bosses? Because if you can cast it 10x in 4 seconds it's close to certain the blind works :P

Anyone want to comment on this?

Or should i look for a wand with max mana \ mana regen \ resist or cast speed?
"
Moose65 wrote:

I wouldn't be so hasty. Remote and Trap damage multiplier is NOT specific to mine or trap damage only boosts. It becomes a generic more multiplier once its linked to your zombies and/or spectres. Minion damage passives will get multiplied by them same as anything else.

What I'm not 100% sure of is if the dual nodes double dip or not, and I haven't been able to get an answer on that. If they don't double dip then your looking at a 9% node, with a 18% and/or 20% notable node on some of the circles.

"
RedShades wrote:

Simply false information. There is no difference since they are ALL flat Increase nodes. 212% damage =/= 300% damage

Hmm, it appears that the formula is different than how I thought it was. My apologies.

Upon further reflection I think that you are correct, the actual damage formula is (multipliers)*(increases), regardless if the increases specify trap or mine.

You are correct.
I am curious as to whether going all the way down to get MoM is worth the investment with only 300ish mana unreserved. It seems like it might make more since to just get the life wheel near the sion? And or could a Cloak of Defiance be worth while? Is the armor from IR all that good?

Thanks.
I wanted to add, assuming that they can double dip, there are only 2 or 3 nodes that are cost efficient compared to getting minion damage instead.

Expeditious Munitions (Every build should go by here)

2 points will net you 54% Increased damage. If you don't mind you can grab the 3rd node for a further 10% Increased damage for a total of 64% for 3 points.

Saboteur Node

Has 2 points of travel for most builds. It does pass by a small life circle which may justify it. 2 points nets you 58% Increased damage.

Clever Construction node

3 points for 36% Increased damage. Not cost efficient, but its there.

Volatile Mines Node

Not cost efficient at all. At best 4 points will get you 48% Increased damage, 5 points will net you 54% Increased damage.

Master Sapper Node

Unrealistic to reach, too deep in Shadow Tree. If your crazy enough to go for this node, at most, you'll net 50% Increased damage for 5 points.

In the end, Expeditious Munitions is the only one that is really cost efficient, and ONLY if Remote Mine + Trap can double dip from it. I personally don't have enough regrets to test the damage of the single nodes vs the dual nodes.
Last edited by Moose65 on Dec 10, 2013, 6:21:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info