{3.2.0} Spectral Gods: [Life Based Spectre/Golem Hybrid Summoner | Clear Speed | End Game Bossing]

Hi Matt, just a quick question from a new summoner looking to maximise BM damage but not being high enough level to conduct proper tests.

If going remote mine / Trap route gives you the most damage out of all the setups, then provided that I am not lazy and don't mind doing the mine/trap ritual to set up BMs each time, would you recommend speccing into trap and mine passives if it conveys the biggest damage bonus?

So maybe something like this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBRASnCIMJ2Qu0DN0NwfP7CdkTHRTuFX0YbRnbC_IeFSCTJ04qVyvrLBcvRitMLYIewzokPMk9j0asRw5I_knKSipNF1BwUXNTiEAOXIVgSVGnXM9lB2MabFptL29GcRB0RX76gOOEGYbhiBqPuJMRlr-XKphOm4d2b54Ql5uhoqOApCmlt3WsmJ2uW68ZimegpqybtSSwTbknqcy8mK1-sFu7qsR_xuyKFLBwu5LNVcbQ0IbR-tJV1vfXSn0c3PzF9tpr22TnLOnr7pLzHaoo-gD9

I would greatly appreciate feedback on this!
"
tdr3d wrote:
Hi Matt, just a quick question from a new summoner looking to maximise BM damage but not being high enough level to conduct proper tests.

If going remote mine / Trap route gives you the most damage out of all the setups, then provided that I am not lazy and don't mind doing the mine/trap ritual to set up BMs each time, would you recommend speccing into trap and mine passives if it conveys the biggest damage bonus?

So maybe something like this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBRASnCIMJ2Qu0DN0NwfP7CdkTHRTuFX0YbRnbC_IeFSCTJ04qVyvrLBcvRitMLYIewzokPMk9j0asRw5I_knKSipNF1BwUXNTiEAOXIVgSVGnXM9lB2MabFptL29GcRB0RX76gOOEGYbhiBqPuJMRlr-XKphOm4d2b54Ql5uhoqOApCmlt3WsmJ2uW68ZimegpqybtSSwTbknqcy8mK1-sFu7qsR_xuyKFLBwu5LNVcbQ0IbR-tJV1vfXSn0c3PzF9tpr22TnLOnr7pLzHaoo-gD9

I would greatly appreciate feedback on this!

I've been running a solo BM for awhile. You don't really have spare points to grab trap/mine nodes unless your giving up a lot of survivability. Right now I've grabbed all the Minion Life/Damage nodes for them.

My gem setup for the most efficient damage:

RS > Remote > Trap > Conc > Minion Damage > Minion Life (Increased Burning does slightly more, but isn't practical over Life).

Snapshotting:

Chober Chaber (Dual Midnight Bargain's would do more, but again, not practical to sacrifice Life), Sunblast Belt, Sidehebreath

Running 8 survivability auras, but in addition I'm running a Dual Leer Cast Setup (30% Increased Damage).

Now you got an interesting choice here, you can go the shock route or the chilling with Dyadus route. Personally I'm using Dyadus. Elemental Equilibrium works fine either way you go. Nice thing about Dyadus and Equilibrium is that they are the easiest and most guaranteed procs to get off, unlike Curses or Shocking in some situations.

Elemental Weakness > Flammability > Vulnerability. Right now I have Elemental Weakness and Flammability tied to my Arctic Breath (experimenting, may go back to Arctic Breath + GMP + Rejuv Totem + Blind), and honestly I don't even cast it unless I run into a Rare/Boss. Trash melts too fast to bother Cursing/Shocking/Chilling. Right now I only run 2 curses, may work a 3rd in later.

Temple Piety was about the roughest boss that I've done with a friend, and I was able to keep my Single BM and Animate Guardian up against her all 3 times. Done some 75 maps and didn't have a problem with this setup.

The only other ways I've thought of boosting BM damage are working a 3rd curse in for Vulnerability (may do that eventually, but Hexproof mobs and maps are bleh :/) and Necromantic Aegis. Necromantic Aegis isn't worth giving your BMs Spell Block and 10% Increased Life. Lose at least 2 auras + way too much resist if I personally go that route, so I've think I've hit the most efficient route to maximize BM damage.

Hope this was helpful.
Last edited by Moose65 on Dec 10, 2013, 7:11:13 AM
Do +to block chance nodes apply to minions when Necromantic Aegis is used, or are they wasted like Tempest Shield block chance is?
"
KatfishGumbo wrote:
Do +to block chance nodes apply to minions when Necromantic Aegis is used, or are they wasted like Tempest Shield block chance is?
Wasted
Spoiler
"
Moose65 wrote:
I've been running a solo BM for awhile. You don't really have spare points to grab trap/mine nodes unless your giving up a lot of survivability. Right now I've grabbed all the Minion Life/Damage nodes for them.

RS > Remote > Trap > Conc > Minion Damage > Minion Life (Increased Burning does slightly more, but isn't practical over Life).

Snapshotting:

Chober Chaber (Dual Midnight Bargain's would do more, but again, not practical to sacrifice Life), Sunblast Belt, Sidehebreath

Running 8 survivability auras, but in addition I'm running a Dual Leer Cast Setup (30% Increased Damage).

Now you got an interesting choice here, you can go the shock route or the chilling with Dyadus route. Personally I'm using Dyadus. Elemental Equilibrium works fine either way you go. Nice thing about Dyadus and Equilibrium is that they are the easiest and most guaranteed procs to get off, unlike Curses or Shocking in some situations.

Elemental Weakness > Flammability > Vulnerability. Right now I have Elemental Weakness and Flammability tied to my Arctic Breath (experimenting, may go back to Arctic Breath + GMP + Rejuv Totem + Blind), and honestly I don't even cast it unless I run into a Rare/Boss. Trash melts too fast to bother Cursing/Shocking/Chilling. Right now I only run 2 curses, may work a 3rd in later.

Temple Piety was about the roughest boss that I've done with a friend, and I was able to keep my Single BM and Animate Guardian up against her all 3 times. Done some 75 maps and didn't have a problem with this setup.

The only other ways I've thought of boosting BM damage are working a 3rd curse in for Vulnerability (may do that eventually, but Hexproof mobs and maps are bleh :/) and Necromantic Aegis. Necromantic Aegis isn't worth giving your BMs Spell Block and 10% Increased Life. Lose at least 2 auras + way too much resist if I personally go that route, so I've think I've hit the most efficient route to maximize BM damage.

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks for the indepth explanation of the skills you use. But if the minion health and damage nodes are "increased" health and damage where trap and mine is "more" damage, wouldn't the mine and trap node offer a much greater damage increase over regular minion damage nodes? I could be wrong since I don't have the levels to test it yet, but by reading into how damage works in terms of how game read "increased damage" and "more damage", "more damage" would be more viable, and most of the trap and mine nodes are that far away from the standard build.
"
tdr3d wrote:
Spoiler
"
Moose65 wrote:

Snapshotting:

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks for the indepth explanation of the skills you use. But if the minion health and damage nodes are "increased" health and damage where trap and mine is "more" damage, wouldn't the mine and trap node offer a much greater damage increase over regular minion damage nodes? I could be wrong since I don't have the levels to test it yet, but by reading into how damage works in terms of how game read "increased damage" and "more damage", "more damage" would be more viable, and most of the trap and mine nodes are that far away from the standard build.

best way would it be for you to tes it yourself, but wounldn't you be sacrificing survivability for this?
Hear this words but once and they will echo in your nightmares forever!
Last edited by Nyktasha on Dec 10, 2013, 8:28:35 AM
That's why I want to find this out before I commit to placing passive atm. At my level I have bum-rushed for IR and picked up a couple aura nodes to maintain grace + vitality.

I'm now looking to place points to improve my spectres. If mines and traps do infact boost BM damage more than the minion nodes, then by sacrificing some of the minion nodes near the Templar area for trap and mines, there shouldn't be too big of a hit to survivability. But that's why I am posting here; to see if any of the more experienced summoners have worked this one out.
"
Caldrin84 wrote:
This build is really awesome. I use it for my first char in path of exile and finally reached lvl 80... until the middle of merciless I felt very weak but then I started to see the improvement.

Active Skills/Gear
Spoiler

guys I've been wondering..
How can people say this build is really cheap??

Ideally you need:
Chober (pref 6L)
4L +2minion helm
Montrguls grasp
Min 5L chest (and/or Tabula Rasa)
Windscream or Bones of Ullr
Several pretty rare gems like MStrike,Cast on Death and a LOT of gems in general (curses, auras, crapload of support gems, altogether like 30 different ones, also a lot of levelled gems)
A gear that allows you to support 4-5 auras (plus high level AA)
Multiple Seething flask of animations
... and probably more that I have forgotten

I dont really know the prices that much but all of them adds up to a lot of exalts for a poor person (like me).

and how the hell is the above guy managed to get all of that with his first character? Probably I am missing a goldmine where I can get all of these rather easily.

any recommendations for a discount version of this build?
"
NiNcsszaM wrote:
"
Caldrin84 wrote:
This build is really awesome. I use it for my first char in path of exile and finally reached lvl 80... until the middle of merciless I felt very weak but then I started to see the improvement.

Active Skills/Gear
Spoiler

guys I've been wondering..
How can people say this build is really cheap??

Ideally you need:
Chober (pref 6L)
4L +2minion helm
Montrguls grasp
Min 5L chest (and/or Tabula Rasa)
Windscream or Bones of Ullr
Several pretty rare gems like MStrike,Cast on Death and a LOT of gems in general (curses, auras, crapload of support gems, altogether like 30 different ones, also a lot of levelled gems)
A gear that allows you to support 4-5 auras (plus high level AA)
Multiple Seething flask of animations
... and probably more that I have forgotten

I dont really know the prices that much but all of them adds up to a lot of exalts for a poor person (like me).

and how the hell is the above guy managed to get all of that with his first character? Probably I am missing a goldmine where I can get all of these rather easily.

any recommendations for a discount version of this build?

It's really cheap because, well,... It is. In fact it's the cheapest imo since it is Life Based.

My first char ever in PoE is using this build, and her currently gears-feed other chars.

Okay, so I guess you need me to be a little bit more detail than that.

Spoiler
- Chober Chabber: Why you need 6L? I don't get it, I bought one with 32% roll for 2c only, I used to see 36% roll sold with 1c. 2~3S is enough with only Summon Skeleton - Melee Splash for getting a couple of courpses.

- 4L +2 Minion Helm: These are cheap too, on Domination I bought one for 3c.

- Montrguls Grasp: Okay you right about this one, but why you even bother about this? It's a late game Item only, by then you properly can afford it, but I can sure that you still be effective as hell without it if you know the way.

- Min 5L Chest / Tabule Rasa: Why you need both mate? If you got 5L chest you can do 70+ Map without any real problem and no need for Tabula Rasa unless you want OP. If you got Tabula Rasa then just a decent armour / life / resistances chest with 1~4L you can get the job done thank for Minion Snapshot. Or if you don't have both, try Raise Spectre - Minion Life - Minion Damage in that Matua Tupuna or added Minion & Totem Resist / Whatever Support gems that fit your type of Spectre if you use 4L chest. And while 5L chest are not that expensive... :P

- Windscream or Bones of Ullr: IDK about Windscream, but if you feel lack of currency then just spent 4 point into that extra curse node, it's not like you gonna need 3 curse before late game. Bones of Ullr, I bought my for 2c and never used it again after a couple of try since I run MF gear.

- "Several pretty rare gems...": Multistrike is Quest gem, can be aquired by the end of Act3 Merc in Library Quest. Before you can get it, I'm sure you don't need it since you still pretty much depend on Minion Instadbility. Other gems, they can easily drop and several already in Quest Reward, you could check the Wiki for that. Or you could just trade for it. 1c for a gem are not that expensive.

- "A gear that allows you to support 4-5 auras (plus high level AA)": I do 70+ Map with 3 Aura depend on the Map and still can use AA, it not like you running all the time, neither you blend in your minions for safety or you Lightning Warp elsewhere. And also by that time things die before they can do anything significantly to you. By the time you got around 78~83 and grab all the Mana Reserved node and your Reduced Mana gems get to lvl 19~20 you could run all of the auras that needed.

- Multiple Seething Flask of Animations: Actually 3 is enough for starting 66 maps or Piety farm. You could just run Warlord Mask like I do and since things die too quick with Warlord's Mask you gain Flask Charge so damn quickly. My estimate is you need around 100 alt per Flask to the right roll. Or you could do like me, just pickup every unid Hallowed Life Flask you see and unid them then throw away if that not the right one, and pickup white Hallowed Life Flask and Transmute / Agument them till you get the right one. BTW Bubbling Hallowed Flask of Animation is a good choice too.

Oh and on low level minions is mean to be dead by the Minions Instadbility Keystone. If you really want to keep them alive then just use Warlord's Mask since it also give life leech to your Zombie. Or just pop out a Reju Totem :V

I am super poor myself, thank to this build I started my dream about having better gear and play a couple other build at the same time.

BTW, don't forget you gonna found drop while you play mate... :P

AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
Last edited by surVfate on Dec 10, 2013, 10:43:16 AM
I thought this build was cheap because the core of the build involves some defensive rare gear with 2 4-links minimum. You can actually get along fine with just that all the rest gives you more defense and kill speed.

The idealized version of the build requires:

optional: To gain free 6 and 5 L you need a tabula rasa, 2-3ex
optional: Idk why but the grasp is expensive now got mine for 1ex its, 10ex now
mandatory gems: i actually got all the gems i need with just the first play through and some trading, 5gcp?
mandatory flasks: prob need like an average of 200alts

So far I only put in maybe 20 or so exalted into this character over the course of beta starting till now.

My other characters spent way more than that lol.

All I can say is play the game and trade up currencies.

Necronomicon: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617098
Build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/409940
Summoner Dischord: https://discord.gg/XwWdSUa
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zhoukon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info