Ruler of Wraeclast Pack

"
Bkennedy wrote:
If someone wants to donate that much, more power to them. That's their hard earned money.

This
I think it's awesome. I hope they sell quite a few.
i <3 minesweeper
"
Warmey wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

Is that for real??!?

It says he's on probation. He buys the pack and he's put on probation lol?

I think he paid the wrong Probation Officer....
In my experience, the people who dump that kind of money into games like that are not only far from rich, but actually quite poor and fiscally irresponsible.

I had a clan mate in WoW about 7 years ago who spent about $10,000 or so over the course of his play time on buying characters/gold/accounts and then paying their subscriptions. I think at one point he was paying 8 sub fees at $15 a month.

This guy was a manager at Walmart who made $12 an hour. He just had the limits bumped up on his credit cards and racked up insane amounts of debt.

I'm not saying anyone who buys these insanely high cost supporter packs is like this...but you'd be surprised at how many people dump that kind of money into games when they can't even afford rent.

The person being used as an example in this thread already said his CC doesn't have a limit that could support his purchase. I make between 70k - 120k a year (don't want to be too specific) and both my CC's have limits above 20,000 and I've never raised them. With my salary I couldn't even come remotely close to being able to afford the 12.5k supporter pack. So either this guy has no fiscal obligations (like a mortgage, kids, wife, bills, etc) or he falls into the category of person I described above.

There's a story going around of how a guy's wife divorced him because he donated too much money to the Camelot Unchained kickstarter campaign and they couldn't afford their rent any longer.

Just my experience with this kind of thing. My experience/opinion is in no way concrete and I'm not stating it as so.
^ Jealous.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Credit Cards are different for people who live in the United States as I have learned. US people live and breathe by credit cards and the credit card people shove them into people's faces without even applying for them - other countries not so much or at all. I once had a 27000 credit card sent in the mail from a company and never even thought to apply for it. My scissors smiled that day. Other countries don't use them as much or make it extremely hard to get them. IMO and that's why the US is going to go down in flames sooner or later. Eaten by the credit monsters.

You can't judge a person by their credit limit on their credit cards.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
Credit Cards are different for people who live in the United States as I have learned. US people live and breathe by credit cards and the credit card people shove them into people's faces without even applying for them - other countries not so much or at all. I once had a 27000 credit card sent in the mail from a company and never even thought to apply for it. My scissors smiled that day. Other countries don't use them as much or make it extremely hard to get them. IMO and that's why the US is going to go down in flames sooner or later. Eaten by the credit monsters.

You can't judge a person by their credit limit on their credit cards.

What... I tried to apply for a credit card a while ago, I had zero credit and I got declined at each and every one. It took a year of paying rent on my own to get a basic credit card with a $300 limit and no rewards of any kind, and then another year to get one from a company without a limit as long as I pay my bill.

They used to shove credit cards down your throat, that just means there's a good economy. As soon as the recession hit and the companies realized no one can pay their ridiculous amount of debt, they stopped handing them out on street corners.
Last edited by Imaginaerum on Jun 9, 2013, 6:43:16 PM
"
DoucheGod wrote:
"
Bkennedy wrote:
If someone wants to donate that much, more power to them. That's their hard earned money.

This

These ^^^

Never would I presume to tell someone how to spend his or her money; bully for Charan for stepping up and supporting this game and this company...I'm sure those dollars will positively impact plenty of lives.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
I'm an old timer, but if that fella got the scratch more power to 'em.
can i have one of your pet codes
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info