Season Three - What do you want?

"
Hilbert wrote:
"
I'd like to see act 3 level areas nerfed (like city of sarn ---> docks) and possibly later areas buffed. There needs to be more incentive to go to cruel and I know it is definitely possible for a lot of people.

The main problem is progressing isn't you getting anywhere unless it's a 8h race.

Even lunaris is questionable in 4h because you have to do sidequests and walk through areas far bigger than act2 areas.
Also cruel is punishing you again since it kicks you pack to level 33 with low exp mobs, instead of going 35+.

I would rather see somthing like: Instance reset no 3= 70% exp 4= 40% exp 5=10% exp.
This way players would be forced to change areas and reset them 2-3 times and progress again.

That reset penalty is a good idea because you can grind a bit but then you have to grind hard areas too.

"
Would be interesting to see some of the act 3 lost in love gem rewards added/switched around to intruders in black, for example explosive arrow, cyclone and ranger: leap slam. This would allow more builds and a little more diversity.

You wish gems for alt builds but want RoA for mara removed?
RoA is a endgame build option not a competive race option(besides lethal)

"
Another interesting Idea would be to allow a complete respec after a certain quest (possibly the church dungeon quest) so if people wanted to change builds mid race based on what gear they got they could do so. I think this distinguishes peoples knowlege of the game and makes them think on their feet. If a really good weapon drops that they can't use based on their build they can compensate time to respec out of it and make up for it. Definitely feel this would be a very interesting idea to have in the longer races (signature races).

The first items which really need specing are level 20+.

Before that a stat amu and a offclass node(besides witch and ranger) is enough.
But it's not like a witch would be an epic melee/bow character and a ranger a good caster anyway.

For mara getting rain of arrows its more confusing than anything. If a maurader really wanted to go Rain end game they could just mule one from a ranger/duelist. Theres no point for them to have it. Its actually more confusing to a newer player. I also never mentioned removing it from marauder I was just stating an obvious example to why its confusing and actually outdated.

To address the respec issue -- Theres more to a spec than just equipping stuff. For example lets say you found an amazing axe and you specced into swords.. you could do the quest to compensate time to respec out and redo it. It also does open a lot more build diversity. Being aloud to respec from a caster witch to a ele cleave witch could be possible. I think its an interesting idea and you should probably give more thought to it rather than bashing it. I can think of so many reasons to sacrifice 5 ~ 10 minutes to do that quest for a respec in a race other than just equipping random junk at low levels. It would make races a lot more diverse.

"
Which brings me to the real problem: When the reward point system makes players feel that they have to play races with mods that they do not like. Or when the availability of races without these mods is too low. In season 2, there have been days when a bit more variety would have been nice, but I think we can all agree on that.

Great Variety:
1h Fixed Seed Solo 2h Fixed Seed Solo(Same layout) 3h Fixed Seed Solo(samelayout)
Next day:
1h Fixed Seed Party 2h Fixed Seed Party(samelayout) 3h Fixed Seed Party(same layout)

Or the LATI LATI LATI LATI LATI weekend.

The 12min Turbo day.

I consider Lethal as a horrible mode because it's pure randomness. When I got in early I usually won a demi, because playing them is trivial.
Get in skip terraces get almost level 2 on new terraces from flats kill rhoas rushing at level 1 (level up will save you) then progress with caution. Rush again close to level 3 and 4 if its horrible layout. Rush both passage levels, do ledge.
If you got competition and are behind go prison. If not keep farming ledge.

If you get hit offscreen from a DD totem enjoy default.
If you meet more than 2 blue rhoas or oozefuck->enjoy default.

"
but getting only 2 points for clearing Fetid Pool first in a turbo lethal race seems a bit low. If the race is difficult, it is harder to reach level 5, so you get more points for reaching level 5. But you do not get more points for completing a side quest around level 5.

You suggest adding more points when everything is harder anyway?
Fetid pool is pure randomness.
If you got lucky you can clear it within 5 minutes.
If you got many big packs you need 11-12 min or you will die because there are like 3-4 rare rhoas close to you.
In lethal it scales from 9-20+ min.
Meaning after clearing fetid you level scaled from 3-6 on rushplay.
It's not like fetid always has 60 mobs.
When I snatched fetid I had fetids with around 30-40 mobs total but I also had areas with 60+ mobs in the starting area. I would agree if the max amount of mobs in fetid would be constant but it isn't so giving more points for clear rewards is out of question.

"
To address the respec issue -- Theres more to a spec than just equipping stuff. For example lets say you found an amazing axe and you specced into swords.. you could do the quest to compensate time to respec out and redo it. It also does open a lot more build diversity. Being aloud to respec from a caster witch to a ele cleave witch could be possible. I think its an interesting idea and you should probably give more thought to it rather than bashing it. I can think of so many reasons to sacrifice 5 ~ 10 minutes to do that quest for a respec in a race other than just equipping random junk at low levels. It would make races a lot more diverse.

Just daft!
First of the first special axe/sword nodes from a logical racer way are available after min 19 levels-->Act2. If you do it differently you have no chance of winning.
But level 21-22 is more likely because many racers skip skill quests. Meaning at that stage the rewards are comepletely fine.
A witch as ele cleave sure:
Must mule gems first, totally dependant on EQ, no major melee survivability.
Not to mention you never took gems with the intention going elecleave.

Your idea is only helping already powerfulbuilds to sqec into more powerful builds therefore the idea is horrible.

Example:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAr-uXBgX5o4qbJjIBshnPevkz5-ph63pTxKI=
To prevent early rips
Full Respec:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAr-uXBgX5o4qbJjIBshnEogHR9PiiQKfU_sg=

Introducing it makes no major sense anyway since the shortest duration where Respec could be kind of interesting would be 3h.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Spoiler
"
but getting only 2 points for clearing Fetid Pool first in a turbo lethal race seems a bit low. If the race is difficult, it is harder to reach level 5, so you get more points for reaching level 5. But you do not get more points for completing a side quest around level 5.

You suggest adding more points when everything is harder anyway?
Fetid pool is pure randomness.

Well yeah, but the lethal mode is very random anyway as it is now, whether you like it or not. Randomness aside, I just find it slightly odd that the side quest reward points are constant across ALL race types and ALL race lengths.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jun 14, 2013, 3:00:03 AM
The entire game is harder. Why should it be different?

If I play Turbo Turbobrutus is far harder than normal brutus or turbo fetid.
Why should fetid award more points.
Same rule applies to lethal.
dont have time to write big feedback now so i will just say a minor quality of life thing that probably already been said:
/timeleft or /tl to see how much time u have
shouldt be that hard to implement
"
Hilbert wrote:
The entire game is harder. Why should it be different?

If I play Turbo Turbobrutus is far harder than normal brutus or turbo fetid.
Why should fetid award more points.
Same rule applies to lethal.

For 1 hour solo:

Normal level 10 awards 3 points -> BLAMT level 10 awards 6 points = double the amount because it is harder.
Normal Fetid Pool awards 2 points -> BLAMT Fetid Pool awards 2 points = same amount even though it is harder.

Normal Brutus does not award points -> BLAMT Brutus does not award points = makes sense. If Brutus awarded points.. then we could compare.

And yes, I realize that class rank points are the same for both races. They only change for very short and very long races. But it was just an idea in a brain storming thread.. let's not waste more time and posts discussing it.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Jun 14, 2013, 12:13:38 PM
New Cutthroat Race: Half & Half

A portion of the race is xp-only where you cannot invade other's instances. ~50%

Second half of the race is pvp-only where you can no longer pve and only receive xp from pvp.

Would be fun with solo races or group.

-juo
I have two ideas of new league types, I hope you'll find them interesting:

Common Stash League

- A short duration league with common stash, which can be accessed during all the events of this type. It doesn't mean that many players share the same stash.
- After an event ends, the character (and his inventory) is moved to Hardcore/Standard league, depending on additional rules, the content of stash isn’t and is available only in the next “Common Stash” events.
- If it’s a Hardcore league, a single death can disqualify the character by moving him into the Standard league (as usual).
- There can be additional mods, like Turbo, Ancestral, Blood Magic etc. or the “Common Stash” property can be the only significant mod.

These events could be similar to the “Fixed Seed” ones, but with common stash (separated for each player/account) instead of common layout of instances. During all these events players have access to the same stash, which means they can put found items in the stash and have an easier start in the next events of this type.
After an event ends, the characters are moved to the Hardcore/Standard league, as usual, but their stashes remain unavailable to the next “Common Stash” event. At the end of the season the content of stash is moved to the Hardcore/Standard league as “remove only” stash tabs.
If the players want to save some items for the next events, they should put them in stash before an event ends, otherwise they will be moved (together with the character) to the Hardcore/Standard league. The system messages which show how many minutes remain to the end of an event could contain additional reminding for players to put their items in stash if they want to save them for future events.

Chameleon League

- A short duration league, which properties may change several times.
- After an event ends, the character (and his inventory) is moved to Hardcore/Standard league, depending on additional rules.
- If it’s a Hardcore league, a single death can disqualify the character by moving him into the Standard league (as usual).
- The additional mods, like Turbo, Ancestral, Blood Magic etc. or combinations of them (BLAMT, LATI etc.) can change several times during an event.

These events could be the most hardcore challenges, because their properties would change several times during one event, for example every 20 minutes in a 1 hour event or every 30 minutes in a 2 hour one.
It would be really interesting to see one event which starts as Immolation one, then continues as Ancestral Turbo, to end as Blood Magic Lethal or – who knows – maybe even Cutthroat?
Before each change there could be a countdown just as before the end of any race; after that all players would be logged out for a while and after log in they could continue the same event with new properties. Though the players would have to create new instances, the whole progress (activated waypoints) between all rounds should be “saved”, so they could continue from the last waypoint.

For more fun, these events could have many difficulty levels.
In the more hardcore version of Chameleon Leagues, the properties of all “rounds” wouldn’t be announced in the event’s forum thread; the players would know the new properties first from the in-game description.
In the most hardcore version, the players wouldn’t be able to see the properties of all “rounds” anywhere, even in form of in-game description. They would have to discover them by themselves...

===

And here two additional suggestions for already existing leagues:
- I agree with an idea, which was already mentioned somewhere in this thread: the initial weapon for all character classes in all events with “Lethal” mod should be a bow.
- Could you somehow mark the presence of a Detonate Dead totem, another just suddenly exploding corpses; I mean the players should have a chance to avoid sudden death while stepping on corpses influenced by an invisible (1 screen apart) totem, especially in events with both “Lethal” and “Ancestral” mods; there should be just something like a specific sound which affected corpses make before they detonate, or a small animation of a “spell” cast by totem which would allow the players to react quickly and descend from the affected corpse.
Last edited by misza2909 on Jun 17, 2013, 12:59:43 PM
I would be interested to see a 2-4 week cutthroat race like this:

Spoiler
Solo league with modifiers Lethal, Turbo and Famine with trading enabled.
Ancestral and hardcore could be optional.
Terraces through upper submerged passage can only be over leveled 3 levels. Ledge through the rest of act 1 normal can be over leveled by 5 levels. Acts 2 and 3 normal can be over leveled 7 levels. Cruel difficulty can be +10 levels. Merciless and all town instances are open. Once a character is over the maximum level, the instance cannot be entered.
As a result, all waypoints are activated and available. Yes this could lead to people bypassing bosses. There are workarounds if this isn’t acceptable, but that could be hard to code. Rogue exiles could be added and then bosses are less of a worry.
Plus the usual rules:
Drop equipped items on death.
Instance invasion: Allows you to select other people's instances in the instance manager.
Harsh death experience penalty: Increases the death experience penalty by 30% on all difficulty levels.
Hostile by default: Non-partymembers are hostile by default when you are not partied.
Death penalty awarded to slayer: When killing a player, their death penalty is awarded to the player doing the killing.
Increased player caps: Doubles player capacity in non-town instances. Does not increase the party size.
Solo: You may not party in this league.

I also have a few race mods that might be fun/people will hate:

Darkest Winter:
Spoiler
Patches of ice on ground which can chill characters.
All areas are dark.
50% Light Radius.
Monsters have +50% cold resistance.

Unhallowed
Spoiler
Undead regenerate as if they are on consecrated ground.
Characters treated as unlucky when attacking undead (like Lori’s Lantern).
Summoned skeletons have a +70% duration.

Fog:
Spoiler
Some kind of fog function to randomly obscure vision for players and AI in a less predictable manner than light radius. Also, a non-circular obscurement preferred. Monsters that rely on senses other than sight are less effected like snakes which use ground tremors for targeting.

Phantoms:
Spoiler
Random ghost images of powerful creatures pop-up. Can’t be hurt and do no damage, but cause lots of paranoia, especially in low visibility areas. Hilarious in areas with high desync potential.

This is very important to me, so I'm going to turn on all the option to get it noticed.

PLEASE INCLUDE QUEST AND FULL-CLEAR POINTS AWARDED IN THE .CSV FILE FOR LATER PEER REVIEW
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info