Season Three - What do you want?

An attrition league would be nice.

Also a league that takes survival / resource management much further than famine does.
And as it is such so also as such is it unto you
One week Solo Cut throat

Fixed seed signature race.

..and

Quicksilver Recipe
Movement boots next to starting weapon in every race.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
I mostly took a break from s2. I realized at the start that i didn't want to burn out by playing infinite races for an entire season immediately again. I liked the idea of the signature races, but i just needed a long break. I played all the pvp or 8hr+ races i could, but that's it.

My main suggestion is that i would like it if longer races were more frequent. Like, a month long race going on most of the time, maybe 1 month out of every 6 weeks? A week race every 2-3 weeks? An 8 hour race every 5-7 days? Just more variety in race length, instead of infinite short races that have long ago become too repetitive, despite their variant mods. Doing Normal Act 1 & 2 is really, really old now.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jun 7, 2013, 5:27:46 AM
Long answer: here.

Short answer:
  • Revamped reward points system that awards alternate-art items only for entering in events, not how well you place in them (participation, not skill).
  • Separate ladder points system that awards points only for strong competitive results (skill, not participation).
  • Many events that offer reward points; relatively few events that offer ladder points.
  • Immediate (not point-based) currency rewards for top X finishers in events (regardless of whether ladder points are offered).
  • Addition of Standard PvP events to event schedule.
  • End-of-season championship, utilizing both solo race and PvP formats.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 7, 2013, 6:13:44 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Long answer: here.

Short answer:
  • Revamped reward points system that awards alternate-art items only for entering in events, not how well you place in them (participation, not skill).
  • Separate ladder points system that awards points only for strong competitive results (skill, not participation).
  • Many events that offer reward points; relatively few events that offer ladder points.
  • [...]
  • Addition of Standard PvP events to event schedule.
  • End-of-season championship, utilizing both solo race and PvP formats.

/seconded
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jun 7, 2013, 6:29:44 AM
Maelstrom Race:
U start at the beach, kill hillock, and instead of going to the town, you go to a random map. Always random maps.
No towns. No shops. No quests.Only Eternal Laboratory.

But i guess you thought of this one already.
Next signature race: 70 min. turbo solo.
IGN: MiloWitch
1) More objectives than just a certain level.
2) Something to do with your leftover points at the end of the season.
3) Less super-mode races (BLAMT)

I'd love to see points for side areas so I am not only competing for points for a certain level.

For instance:
1 point (or a currency award) for clearing Merveil in a 1-hour.
Currency award for clearing side areas (can be random, but exclude exalts/GCPs etc.)

Just something to do for the hundreds of people who love races, but will never get first kills or top 20. Rewards can be small, It would just be fun to have other objectives.

Lastly, I like the suggestion that you can trade in extra points at the end of a season for some small rewards. If you make say the 60 point tier, and have 80 points, you can trade in your 20 points for some currency or something.

Same idea, more small rewards that guys who arent Kripp and crew can achieve so we arent reduced to just leveling a character for a few points, and watching the top of the ladder wishing I didnt have a 2 year old jumping on me for just 1 hour......

There is an obvious disparity between the top 2% of the league, and the rest of us. The way the awards are designed, is if you are in the top 20, you get more and more rewards, while the rest of us play to a certain level, get a few points, and thats it. Which is not that much fun.

Even adding progression races, elimination, tiny currency rewards for certain boss kills, bonus points for clearing a certain act/boss in a certain time. Anything to do beside grind to 12 or w/e and go back to permanent leagues. I just want races to be fun and rewarding even for us lowly 98% of the community.

It's cool the top 20 are rewarded for there time, effort and skill, but the gap is massive for roughly 20 out of 900 people. And the bonus points all reward the same few people.

98% of people average 2-4 points a race
2% of people average 13 pts, 1-2 uniques, tier awards, season awards.....etc etc.

IDK, you can argue that this is OK, and stop complaining (Thats completely opinion and its fine).....but the facts are indisputable that the gap for 2% of the playerbase is massive.
Signature race ladder, just top 3, top 5 or top 10.. just something.
Stop or Go
[1 Char limit][Start with 10 stat points]
you would start in a map where loot would be scattered around and you could stay there for 3 minutes and get geared up(this room changes once you go back to it every 10 challenges, different loot, orbs to craft with, ect...) and after that ends, the race begins with a option to go and challenge the next area or stop and take the points you would get depending on your level and challenge number(you would have to make it at least one challenge to stop) but once you die you lose all the gear you had but if you live, however you don't keep your gear but get a random item from your inventory and keep it and bring it back to hard core.

Each room would have random properties that could effect your char very littler or greatly depending on your setup and stat choices.

Just an idea <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info