25 fusings used trying to get a 4 link

"
"
Dark0mens wrote:
I got a 5l with an Orb of Transmutation from Tarkleigh in Merciless......don't know what all the fuss is about.

You changed the number of linked sockets with an orb of transmutation? Do you have downs?

No and No. If you read the whole post it says I got it fro Tarkleigh who is the npc vendor for armor/weapons in Act 1. I just simply check the vendors whenever I level and buy certain 4l items from them as well as any 6s socket and chromatic items I see on them. Have bought several 6s items from Merc vendors in the past 2 weeks and even got so lucky as to find a 5L item at the vendor that I purchased for an Orb of Transmutation.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
Dark0mens wrote:
"
"
Dark0mens wrote:
I got a 5l with an Orb of Transmutation from Tarkleigh in Merciless......don't know what all the fuss is about.

You changed the number of linked sockets with an orb of transmutation? Do you have downs?

No and No. If you read the whole post it says I got it fro Tarkleigh who is the npc vendor for armor/weapons in Act 1. I just simply check the vendors whenever I level and buy certain 4l items from them as well as any 6s socket and chromatic items I see on them. Have bought several 6s items from Merc vendors in the past 2 weeks and even got so lucky as to find a 5L item at the vendor that I purchased for an Orb of Transmutation.

What does any of that have to do with orbs of fusing?
Try again.
It's a good thing you don't play in the outfield for a baseball team cause this just went over your head.

"
Dark0mens wrote:
It's a good thing you don't play in the outfield for a baseball team cause this just went over your head.

No, it did not go over my head wise ass. It simply has nothing to do with fusing orbs.
Then it obviously went over your head.

*Anyway RNG is RNG and as of right now you either get really lucky like some people or you have really bad luck like yourself. I've been on both ends of the spectrum with various items. When you get lucky you think Fusings are perfect, when you don't you think they suck. The crafting system is designed to make you sink currency items into things. If you didn't then everyone would just have a ton of them laying around and the market would become inflated. Also the point I was making was that you can buy 4l/5l from the vendors (up to a certain level of course).

Last edited by Dark0mens on Jul 28, 2012, 4:17:05 PM
It's an RNG, so numbers will vary. I think it's working as intended since they want the currently to have a large sink.

Is this economy-breaking, truly?
Last edited by Semptimilius on Jul 28, 2012, 8:55:25 PM
"
Semptimilius wrote:
It's an RNG, so numbers will vary. I think it's working as intended since they want the currently to have a large sink.

Is this economy-breaking, truly?

Nope, like I posted earlier in thread it's working as intended, perhaps they will tweak, but entirely it's the currency sink you'll find in any ARPG. nothing wrong with it, and imo a waay better approach to how to keep the in game economy real.
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
I agree now on the currency sink aspect. It's genius when you think about it.
But as for the Vender shopping story. One last time: It didn't go " over my head" it's simply completely off topic.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 28, 2012, 9:05:11 PM
I wonder, with the conversion costs, if it is cheaper to sink 200 jeweller's and 12 chromatics instead of 25 fusings. :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info