25 fusings used trying to get a 4 link

A pro tip: wear + quality gear when you do that.
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
"
Dragoneyes001 wrote:
your better off starting with a 5L and making it rare then change the stats over and over you'll likely spend a dozen orbs vs 3-4 dozen tying to link

the upgrade chance on links is far lower than the chance to get good stats on chaos orbs.

This. Only go for fusings if you absolutely have to, ie the stats and the base item being gorgeous. I actually recently used fusings though. 5L on 8th try.

It's RNG, don't try to make sense of it. :)
IGN : Jovial
Last edited by yhateful on Jul 27, 2012, 9:19:47 AM
Yea, I burned through 10 orbs of fusing and did not get a 4 link (well, 3 links is all that's needed). I'm going to have to spend almost my entire collection of orbs of alts (80 left) and buy jeweler orbs and THEN orbs of fusing....
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
KopaKabana wrote:

This has no basis, it's more like a troll tip.
"
Saffell wrote:
I'd say it takes me 10 on average to get a 4 link. If you used 25 maybe you have bad luck, or maybe it's item level was too low to actually support a 4 link.

To my knowledge there's no item lvl req on links, only sockets. It had 4 sockets. surly they can all be linked.
And it was a item level 35. It can have 5 sockets, surely 4 can be linked.

As well, thanks for proving me right. You need "luck" to get a favorable result. 25?! I'm literally turned off of the whole game now, seeing how the entire game revolves around these orbs as currency,and customizing gear.
I used all my fusings. Oops! Oh well right. Not only am I broke but I can't fix a piece of gear to be usable.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 27, 2012, 12:04:52 PM
"
KopaKabana wrote:

Don't spread nonsense.
Odds of 4-Linking a 4 socket are close to 1:12. Sadly, I burned through 41 the other day. Unless they silently nerfed the fusing odds (I'd be ticked if they did), these are all outlying rolls. GGG, if you do drop fusing/jeweler's odds significantly (more than 10%), please notify us (not necessarily the odds). That's all I ask.
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 27, 2012, 12:33:46 PM
"
Targuil wrote:
"
Saffell wrote:
I'd say it takes me 10 on average to get a 4 link. If you used 25 maybe you have bad luck, or maybe it's item level was too low to actually support a 4 link.

If an item can support 4 sockets, it can support 4 links.

I agree, I was pretty tired at the time. Thanks for correcting my misinformation.
"

As well, thanks for proving me right. You need "luck" to get a favorable result. 25?! I'm literally turned off of the whole game now, seeing how the entire game revolves around these orbs as currency,and customizing gear.
I used all my fusings. Oops! Oh well right. Not only am I broke but I can't fix a piece of gear to be usable.

You do need luck and also bear in mind a large point of that is so the currency items are their own sinks meaning the economy doesn't have either huge inflation issues or need custom sinks like for example burning off your currency on repairs to your items for example
Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
"

As others have said it's much easier to find/trade a white/blue with the required S&L I regularly have at least one page in my stash with white/blues with the +quality, Sockets and links that I'm looking for, they usually get swapped out for better stuff before I ever mod them though lol.

The point being, it revolves partially around upgrading gear, it also revolves around trading and finding the good gear. Sorry but they want us to be sociable, you CAN play solo all the time, but it will take longer to get what you want because the game is designed to be played with other people once and awhile.
“I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.” - Gandhi

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info