25 fusings used trying to get a 4 link

To find the fabled 4 link and up you must clear your mind of all desires.. only when you seek not the links will the links present themselves

-john 4:20
"
schitzoflink wrote:
you CAN play solo all the time, but it will take longer to get what you want because the game is designed to be played with other people once and awhile.

I have no interest, or need to squabble over loot in co-op.
You have a valid point in the context of trading, and the economy, but you can't convince me that there's much point at all in grouping.
after the amount of time I've put in solo and from what I've gathered from people who mostly play co-op, i have an increasing suspicion that unique items are heavily skewed to be findable pretty much only in multiplayer games.
"
FatesDefiler wrote:
after the amount of time I've put in solo and from what I've gathered from people who mostly play co-op, i have an increasing suspicion that unique items are heavily skewed to be findable pretty much only in multiplayer games.

Not really - i found my only unique untill now in a solo game ;) And don't forget - yes there is more loot when you group, thus its more likely that a unique drops (though you could simulate that with a character with high increased drop quantity and quality), but when it does not everyone can take it ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Jul 28, 2012, 11:44:51 AM
"
Sony_Black wrote:
"
FatesDefiler wrote:

Not really - i found my only unique untill now in a solo game ;) And don't forget - yes there is more loot when you group, thus its more likely that a unique drops (though you could simulate that with a character with high increased drop quantity and quality), but when it does not everyone can take it ;)

I bloody knew that answer, but try as I might I couldn't put it into words. Damn you Smirnoff !!!

Those who beat their swords into ploughshares, will plough for those who have not.
you're probably right, but i'm still pessimistic.

I've seen people post builds that require uniques, often more than one. Even some of the 'build of the week' videos hinge on a unique. Considering I have 7 characters between lvl 20-50 and have yet to find a single unique, let alone a specific unique among the uniques, it seems kind of disengenuous to include those items in character builds.
I got a 5l with an Orb of Transmutation from Tarkleigh in Merciless......don't know what all the fuss is about.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

"
FatesDefiler wrote:
you're probably right, but i'm still pessimistic.

I've seen people post builds that require uniques, often more than one. Even some of the 'build of the week' videos hinge on a unique. Considering I have 7 characters between lvl 20-50 and have yet to find a single unique, let alone a specific unique among the uniques, it seems kind of disengenuous to include those items in character builds.

Maybe that's true, but so far I havn't seen a unique someone wouldn't sell me for a GCP (crazy 6 link volls excluded), and I've found a few of those.
"
FatesDefiler wrote:

Nope. I've found 5 so far. Never co-op'd once. Nor do I plan on it.
There is no relationship between MF and grouping.
"
Dark0mens wrote:
I got a 5l with an Orb of Transmutation from Tarkleigh in Merciless......don't know what all the fuss is about.

You changed the number of linked sockets with an orb of transmutation? Do you have downs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info