0.11.0 Patch Notes

I am still wondering how EK could be considered as OP ... Having more than 7k dps with it is a real challenge... When some others have 20k dps...
IGN TylordRampage
"
Freezing Pulse's damage has been reduced.

Haha, I knew the patch would have to have one shitty aspect. I just knew it.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Jun 3, 2013, 9:56:11 AM
"
Ebonikizzle wrote:

"
Details wrote:
Is there any offset for Eldritch battery users who are going to be affected by the energy shield nerf?

Yes, the monster damage reduction and the fact the patch notes state that only most will be reduced.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. My build uses 2k mana, (most of which is reserved) and a 450 pool which is used for my main skill (300 cost). If ES is nerfed a lot, I might have to drop an aura.
"
nynyny wrote:

Youre right people will just switch to melee now. In the end FP, EK and Spork simply switch places with [insert melee build]. If you think thats the proper way to balance a game youre right here, after all 95% of the people on the forums are sheep who will agree with what the developers in any case.

The devs will keep shifting the balance. It's how they intend to keep the game interesting for 10 years.
Running RF on a life based build is a simple math, and I got that I wont be able to use it as easy as now.
Now I have 93% constant resist with El Adaption, Inner Forced Purity, and the Phoenix shield, and 8.15% constant life regen with Vitality and almost all of the regen passives, which is almost enough to fully regen the Inner Forced RF.

After that I will have 89% constant all resist, almost 8% life regen (less buff for Vitality), and 118% degen with Inner Forced RF, which is not wearable in many situations.

Without Inner Force, It Would be still 89% All resist, 7,7% Life Regen, and the 100% Degen from RF, which is a little bit better.

Currently I'm not using the 3 * 0,4% Life regen from the middle of the tree, and the 0.2% Life regen per Endurance charge node, but I will try that, beacause I have more high level inactive character to test.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
sanleon wrote:
  • Granite Flasks have been reduced to providing 3000 armour

Bad too weak imo

• The Rustic Sash implicit mod has been increased from 3-5% to 12-24%.

Nice

• Life percentage passives and most Energy Shield percentage passives have been reduced in line with the changes to monster damage.

Bad. ES will need bigger pool than life imo

• General and weapon-specific physical damage bonuses have been increased throughout the tree.

Too nice. 4% was pretty much weak. Spending 20 points in phys dmg with a phys weapon and ending with 20x more ele dmg wasnt nice

• Fixed a bug where Rain of Arrows would treat missed targets as though they had entered the area during the delay and hit them anyway.

Too bad, now you need accuracy so every other bow skill will be superior imo. RIP RoA

• Fixed a bug where the Energy Shield stun avoidance check would not apply in the case of a shield block.

Not sure if that happens too often but maybe it helps CI chars without chayula. Nice

• Mana recovery from the Clarity aura has been increased.

Nice, maybe it will be usefull now with small mana pools (1.5k and so)

• The damage progression of Ethereal Knives has been reduced.

Nice. this skill was too strong

• The base critical strike chance of Spark has been reduced from 6% to 4%, in line with the critical strike rate of other lightning skills.

Nice, less crit chance thus less shocks, and im not sure if fork was bugged with this skill but i hope you cant clear a map with 1 spork totem now. balance i like

• Freezing Pulse's damage has been reduced.

Nice, more skill diversity.

• Damage reflection mods for monster auras and maps have been reduced from 20% to 18%.

Nice but its a crap design

• Elemental Adaptation has been reduced to 2% maximum resists. More changes to maximum resistances are coming in the future. The intention is that players cannot hit 100%.

Nice 5% max resistances was way too OP. Now its balanced

• Inner Force has been reduced from 18% increased buff effect to 12%. The other increased buff effect passives have been reduced from 6% to 3%.

Yay 3 free passive skill points now! useless points

• Static Blows: the shock duration bonus has been reduced from 45% to 20%.

Still nice so i wont respect these points i think

Overall great patch. But there are a few things i would like to know:

-When is blood rage going to be fixed?

-Why you didnt change the mana flask recovery passives in the witch area? Im pretty sure that NOBODY uses those passives

Thanks for the awesome patch notes

On a future note, it's grammatically incorrect and looks sloppy when you say "IMO" when you're typing something. It's obvious it's your opinion because....well... you're typing it.

But, yay new leagues.
IGN: BendieStraw
awesome patch!!!

please continue to nerf the cookiecutter shit builds

FP
LA
EK
Spork
dualtotem-[insert any skill here]

and also

FFS nerf ele cleave

I'm so sick of seeing a million clones of the same noob builds walking around
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
"
Sickness wrote:
"
nynyny wrote:

Youre right people will just switch to melee now. In the end FP, EK and Spork simply switch places with [insert melee build]. If you think thats the proper way to balance a game youre right here, after all 95% of the people on the forums are sheep who will agree with what the developers in any case.

The devs will keep shifting the balance. It's how they intend to keep the game interesting for 10 years.

Then they shouldnt do the exact same mistakes as every other developer has in the past. They are pretty much doing what everyone in ARPG always has done, making melee builds broken.

The problem are not single nerfs, its the combination. And if you nerf every single node/skill CI based builds rely on that simply isnt proper balancing anymore. Thats them showing you the finger to fuck off and play melee from now on.
Last edited by nynyny on Jun 3, 2013, 9:56:02 AM
Wow. Don't know if I want to continue playing path of nerfs after this, it's basically becoming another Diablo 3/WoW

Nerf everything so it's equally bad instead of adding new/harder content.
With these patch notes, it seems fairly certain that my build is going to be completely useless.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113G3fO1BLaGYG3kIn1TnYAabI5k8s6DOBmF96bMtxRNJKq2-tV1BLOiADbpgpvwHwJx42r60h0UZp6PRsAapwjQ0IFJWfOQVZuhz2WyOKyqWiunhPfXZ71VxmZPJ-0spxo4rJjubxZvxPbz3Rkuo_IUsPTpPC3Ujzowxq653TlStz7-Cu8OvDd6uPJF51JOba6T52NUSVgHtfKmV18_qW464fZITeOI8YzPrFlQUP6PWGPG2A==

Was a nice mix of survivability and BARELY decent damage. After the 11.0 nerfs it doesn't seem like any form of spark totem build is going to be viable because it just won't be able to do enough damage with the reduced base critical strike chance. Even if you pick up every crit node on the tree, you won't be able to bring that lower crit chance up to something reasonable because lowering the base exponentially lowers the passive node benefits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info