Awesomely ridiculous and probably OP build

"
kadrek91 wrote:
what if we totemize the righterous fire itself?
totem has 75% of our hp and resistances right?
No it does not, and never has. The totem has it's own life and resistances, determined by type of totem and level of gem.
The AoE burn damage part of RF is relatively worthless. Making a build based around it is in no way 'OP'.

The primary effect of RF is to massively increase your spell damage. If you can show me an effective caster build that can permarun RF, then I'll agree that it might be 'OP'.
Last edited by aimlessgun on Jul 26, 2012, 11:37:49 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
The AoE burn damage part of RF is relatively worthless. Making a build based around it is in no way 'OP'.

The primary effect of RF is to massively increase your spell damage. If you can show me an effective caster build that can permarun RF, then I'll agree that it might be 'OP'.

All of these str builds can stick iron will to their attack spell and get 100% spell damage from it. There's your caster, pick your poison.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
1) for toteming righteous fire, one important thing to note is, it is free to cast. so cast it inside a group of foes, cast again after a second, repeat till things die 25% as fast as you normally would... but for FREE.

2a) a caster cannot utilize righteous fire that well, there is a str requirement to the skill which causes witches/templars to gain hp vs es. more hp = higher amount burned on self. ontop of that, cannot take CI as RF ends at 1hp... when that is all you have.

2b) however, if you reach the end point where you have max res and your regen fills the remaining gap in resistance for the self damage (meaning you take no damage now), THEN you can sit back and spam firestorm or whatever spell you want with the 70% damage boost... which is a "more" increase mind you which means it happens after all "increase(d)" based modifiers.
The STR req is trivial, you just sort of randomly get enough STR from gear without even trying.

If you deliberately have very low max HP, like 500ish, with 75% FR you're only burning for 125 HP/s. That's a pretty trivial amount of damage when applied to your 3-4k ES as a Witch. You can run RF for a LONG time before you have to Douse it off.
What if you combine righteous fire with chaos inoculation, then you have 1 hp, burning 1 hp / sec from your 4k energy shield is a loooooooooooooooooooooong way to go
ign:mptyspace
"
mptyspace wrote:
What if you combine righteous fire with chaos inoculation, then you have 1 hp, burning 1 hp / sec from your 4k energy shield is a loooooooooooooooooooooong way to go

The effect stops when you are at 1 hp, so in the CI case, instantly.
I'm building a shadow using Ice Spear and Freezing Pulse.

I am lvl 50 with 379 life and 1200 ES for now (not optimal). The big problem is chaos damage, fragments need few shoots to kill me, poison arrow kills in less than 2 secondes, so it's not OP, you have a really big drawback in survavibility.

If we can get 75% chaos resistance later, it would be OP at this moment.
"
aimlessgun wrote:

Get high ES, Pain Attunement, a blood magic support gem combined with the aura of your choice, and you're set. RF burns through your ES before touching your HP, but the damage it does is based on your max HP. If you have low max HP, it won't hurt you that badly (especially with high fire resistance), thus allowing you to keep it running for a long period of time.

As stated above, Chaos damage is currently the weakness to this.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jul 29, 2012, 7:46:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info