Awesomely ridiculous and probably OP build

"
Targuil wrote:
Levelled purity aura gives 1/2/3% max resists. Just saying.

then you have now have a build that gives 2% hp per second with righteous fire. Only did 20 minutes research for this but haven't seen any thing similar so I posted it.

I'll change the original post to add this in.
IGN --- Grizdale
Is there any cap on the regeneration of life per second, like there is from leeching?
"
Grizdale wrote:

as for koams heart it is a legacy item and not available to non-legacy players and I only included the essentials for this build so didn't include weapons.

It isn't anymore. It can drop in Map areas, so it's perfectly available.
"
Korgath wrote:
Is there any cap on the regeneration of life per second, like there is from leeching?

The devs confirmed that there is no such cap on life regen.
I think I'm missing something here.

With Redbeak, doesnt the "100% extra damage on Low Life" apply to yourself as well?

In other words, Redbeak will double the damage you do to yourself and take you down to 1hp very quickly.
I doubt the aura from rejuvenation totem will stack. Furthermore, totems draw fire like crazy. When I think about righteous fire and rejuvenation totem I always imagine someone struggling to keep his totem up and his righteous fire dropping in effectiveness because A) You are not running around while casting totems B) Mobs don't run towards you either when you have a totem out.

Many righteous fire builds look good on paper, but are horrible in practice. The only way to know for sure is to actually play the build.

Elemental weakness if a worthy mention by the way. Not just your resists decrease the amount of burning damage, so do the resists of mobs.
Furthermore, the passive node elemental equilibrium is not triggered by burning damage of RF, but it is triggered by, for example, tempest shield with added cold damage. Using this combination, any mob of which you block an attack would be slowed AND have its fire resist decreased with 50% and dies much faster. Combine this with extra block chance passives instead of yet more health nodes and both your damage potential, as well as your survivability is likely to go up. Combine the cold damage tempest shield with elemental proliferation and you'll have even more survivability. This also works great with elemental weakness, as it increases the chances of applying status effects (You probably dont have that much critical chance). You don't even have to worry about tempest shield damage; add iron will as your 3rd support if you happen to have a high strength score for added damage and multiply it with the load of % more spell damage from righteous fire itself and you end up with decent damage to trigger chilled(and shocked) status effects for long enough.

Again though, this is theory crafting and it is always difficult to tell if it actually works in practice.
Last edited by renatobaal on Jul 26, 2012, 8:39:19 AM
Does the life leech gem work with righteous fire? I assume it doesn't because it's a burn but
Pardon this relative noob. What is Righteous fire?
I can't find this skill in the Strength skills page or on the wiki

When I search for it in the forums I find posts about it being taken out a few patches ago.
it's an intelligence skill not strength had the same problem myself and it is on the wiki just not on the active skill page for some reason. just type it into the search bar on the wiki and it should come up.

http://www.pathofexile.com/skills/intelligence
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Righteous_Fire
IGN --- Grizdale
Last edited by Grizdale on Jul 26, 2012, 9:13:37 AM
5 charges, 135% hp boost, and 7.5% regen

redbeak is overkill if you want to keep your hp low via blood magic support gem and an aura.
purity aura gives total of 4% boost to max res, that puts things to 85%.
next can use either springleaf or the res shield, both work but using the res shield means no upkeep while being full... if you carry some endurance charges, which i picked up
massive hp = massive damage.

don't want to test burning increase nodes =/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info