Joyful co-op, or a loot race?

If its to be like this, Its probably a good idea to make friends and only play with them, or just gear solo so you don't have to worry about loot.
"The path of a true warrior is not how strong you become to defeat others; but how strong you become to protect those who matter most."

Yhuma - melee Dagger Shadow

"
Stroggoz wrote:

This is what makes it so much fun, being constantly on edge and on the lookout for an item. When something cool drops and someone else picks it up, i dont get grumpy, i simply think "Good job, you were faster than me, enjoy the item :)"

Where is this sense of entitlement of "IT BELONGS TO ME" coming from??

Killing the mob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIa-YRi5zQU
GlowinglightQT
The loot system is easily the worst part of this game, and was the only redeeming feature of Diablo 3.
"
The loot system is easily the worst part of this game, and was the only redeeming feature of Diablo 3.

If it wasn't for shared loot I wouldn't have played with my friends once we hit 60. I mean why would you? If we wanted to play a game together we have plenty of others we can play together. Single player gets boring eventually, hopefully this game has something that makes you want to play it with friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIa-YRi5zQU
GlowinglightQT
"
Shippal wrote:
"
duolc wrote:
Just the whole premise of this thread suggests there is a perfect looting system and a perfect looting behaviour - there is not. I'm not really sure what OP was trying to achieve with this thread.

I cannot speak directly for the OP, but the issue here, and the issue being discussed in longer (and more trolly) detail linked in the 2nd post of this thread is that players want it to be worthwhile to join up in a group. I party up with other players both public and with players who I'm familiar with. I always have more fun with the players I know, because I choose to let my friends' list only include people who don't make grabbing loot a priority before combat.

I prefer PvE rather than PvP. I don't feel like being a jerk online just to get a worthless rare drop that I'm just going to vendor anyway. I would rather see a bunch of "ty" responses in my party chat after I pick up an item that had someone else's name on it and drop it nearer them than "hey that was mine!" if a person just happened to be slow. It makes for a more positive, fun environment. Other people think similarly to me, and that's why the OP made this thread.

I fully understand the issue but the only solution to the problem is making the loot system stricter.

Since this topic is severely opinion based I think it's wise of the devs to be on the more free side of the discussion, rather than enforcing strict looting rules.

Maybe a possible solution is to have a choice of looting systems when you're in a party, which the leader can select. This way those that don't want things like separate loot (which some people hail) don't have it forced on them. Everybody wins? Maybe it's hard to balance.

I'm personally completely happy with the looting system and don't expect to get anything when I'm playing with randoms - which I rarely do.

Alright kids, please form groups of 6 so we can play a game. "But miss no one wants to go with Bobby cause he's a looter"
"

Could you please go into a bit of detail about what you find so bad about the loot system? It's good to give feedback during the beta rather than just say something's dumb.
"
"
ZeroHate wrote:
Who don't these people who have a problem with this just create their own no ninja loot party, as host you can kick who want.
Who says they don't? :P

But really, you could apply similar advice to anyone who dislikes plenty of other aspects of the game. Don't like an overpowered skill? No problem, just kick anyone who uses it! What a time-saver, there's no need for any actual development!

Fact is, the beta period exists so the game can be changed - partially based on the suggestions of the players. Just covering up dissatisfaction with house rules is kind of missing the point of a beta.

But more than anything it applies to loot, I bet what we will end up seeing anyway is party hosts being able to choose different loot options which should make everyone happy; no way they would even take out timed loot and have D3 style.
"
EchoMending wrote:
"
barecanvas wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but i see a very distinct trend when partying with randoms, and that is that they don't seem to care for communicating, or helping out their teammates. Instead, all the random party kids do is just kill, loot, and steal loot that is obviously not their, but they stood under it long enough while you (the owner of the loot) was getting mauled by mobs. Do you guys see the same thing?

If they can take the loot, it is theirs.

Why can't some of you people get this?

I suggest playing D3 instead, I heard it has a carebear loot system.

Because people who don't want to compete for loot are all "carebears". Ya thats it. Its not that I would rather focus on the game and don't care to fight over loot. That can't be it. It must be that I am "bad" at this game and can't "focus" long enough for this system. Get off your high horse not everyone has to agree with what you find fun.
Standard Forever
Play like i play - with friends. Its need before greed in my friendslist, and we handle hand me downs and stuff as good as we are able.

Granted, at the moment i must have the shortest Friendslist there ever was, but it IS enjoable and co-op.

If i random, i try to act the same way. Might add someone to the friends list, if i find out he thinks the same. Does that make me a carebear? Probably, in the minds of some people here. But then again, no one forces me to play with them, right?
the timed loot system is a fair compromise for both worlds. you can share the items previously reserved for you and you may not share them.

and it allows for a decent level of player interaction: some other guys leave rare equipment which fits to my char, i leave them some orbs which were assigned for them while they were off screen...

on the other hand if some uniques drop for other players i congratulate them and expect them to leave me some rare drops in the next 10 minutes or so. if not i just go farm elsewhere. easy as it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info