Joyful co-op, or a loot race?

"
Ryjeon wrote:
I try to play with some etiquette, but I don't expect everyone to play like that. So if I'm in a grabbers keepers party I just adjust to play like that. And if I'm in an honor system party then I play in that way. Can't expect everyone to agree on anything.

This

I always start out wiith chivalry, and mention it in party if im looking for a specific item type, usually ppeople let them go, I also tend to ignore ones that don't look good to me. But if it turns into an ffa, im all in.
The answer is 42.
Co-op will never be rewarding in this game with FFA loot. Hell, most people don't even bother with co-op because of it. I understand the devs want the loot game to be cut throat but sometimes you have to make decisions that are best for the game. Personalize loot or at least add the option to do so for parties.
"
Stroggoz wrote:
"
markshiu wrote:
This game is neither meant for trading as well, so why you keep something rare but don't use / not for your class?

How on earth did you arrive at this conclusion? ARPG like this is built upon the very foundation of trading. Building up your wealth of epic loot is my driving force when playing. The game doesnt have trading yet but its planned to be implemented thoroughly later on and become a major part of the game, hence the "currency items".

A barter system will not give you the exact value of your item. Most likely it will be item for item, and I don't see the currency item being in use that often.

If I have a 5 green linked and 1 blue item, I would trade for a 4 red linked and 2 blue linked item. I wouldn't want any currency item back.
"
barecanvas wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but i see a very distinct trend when partying with randoms, and that is that they don't seem to care for communicating, or helping out their teammates. Instead, all the random party kids do is just kill, loot, and steal loot that is obviously not their, but they stood under it long enough while you (the owner of the loot) was getting mauled by mobs. Do you guys see the same thing?

ive not played long..and to be honest..Ive never been invited to a party..I have played with friend i brought with me to poe.. though

so I cant answer truthfully :S
Why don't these people who have a problem with this just create their own no ninja loot party, as host you can kick whoever you want. Eventually you might even friend many other people who want friendly loot games and create your own private parties, especially if you will play the game in the long term; simple.

If you join random public parties expect the worst. I have ran across two exalted orbs, one was just sitting around missed, the other dropped from a common mob no one paid attention to; you think I was chasing down the original 'owner' after others had pilfered my loot? How many people are going to hand an exalted over? Be honest now :D
Last edited by ZeroHate on Jul 25, 2012, 10:06:54 PM
"
ZeroHate wrote:
Who don't these people who have a problem with this just create their own no ninja loot party, as host you can kick who want.
Who says they don't? :P

But really, you could apply similar advice to anyone who dislikes plenty of other aspects of the game. Don't like an overpowered skill? No problem, just kick anyone who uses it! What a time-saver, there's no need for any actual development!

Fact is, the beta period exists so the game can be changed - partially based on the suggestions of the players. Just covering up dissatisfaction with house rules is kind of missing the point of a beta.
It seems like people just need to play to the circumstance rather than try and force their opinion about loot on anyone else.

If you're lucky enough to be in a party with friends or with other awesome players, good for you. If you party with randoms, don't complain and try to get them to loot how you think they should.

Change your expectations depending on the scenario and you shouldn't have any problems.

Just the whole premise of this thread suggests there is a perfect looting system and a perfect looting behaviour - there is not. I'm not really sure what OP was trying to achieve with this thread.
"
duolc wrote:
Just the whole premise of this thread suggests there is a perfect looting system and a perfect looting behaviour - there is not. I'm not really sure what OP was trying to achieve with this thread.

I cannot speak directly for the OP, but the issue here, and the issue being discussed in longer (and more trolly) detail linked in the 2nd post of this thread is that players want it to be worthwhile to join up in a group. I party up with other players both public and with players who I'm familiar with. I always have more fun with the players I know, because I choose to let my friends' list only include people who don't make grabbing loot a priority before combat.

I prefer PvE rather than PvP. I don't feel like being a jerk online just to get a worthless rare drop that I'm just going to vendor anyway. I would rather see a bunch of "ty" responses in my party chat after I pick up an item that had someone else's name on it and drop it nearer them than "hey that was mine!" if a person just happened to be slow. It makes for a more positive, fun environment. Other people think similarly to me, and that's why the OP made this thread.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
markshiu wrote:

Well, why there is a timer on items then?
Why not make them FFA?

Again, there is discussion on the developer thread about
1) Range having problem getting in
2) Latency problem allowing someone to pick it up first

The second is a technical thing, and have nothing to do with human. I have a few times not getting my item, even I clicked on it with 1 second remain. Mind to explain and resolve this issue?
Right over your head... Rabbit was right. FFA makes all the loot available to those that don't earn it. Especially if they're tanks, all the loot drops FFA right in front of them and all they have to do is distract the enemy for those doing the damage.

I'd rather it was instanced loot, and I'd rather it was time allocated (for longer) for those that earn the loot. If I do 100% of the damage to a mob, give me 100% of the rare/unique/orbs that drop. If I do 50% and someone else does 50%, split those randomly. The way it is right now is about as carebear as it gets, though.

When I'm in a party and there are 7 blue mobs to the right and one yellow mob to the left and my party has all moved to the yellow, if I choose to go kill the 7 blues, I should get none of the yellow drops and they should get none of the blue drops. That's my feeling as it's logical, I guess it's because I'm a logical person (programmer, mathy, etc.).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
Last edited by TehHammer on Jul 26, 2012, 12:01:33 AM
I enjoy the loot the way it is, it's fun and adds another dimension to the game. Because this is a game that we're playing for fun, right? Or are they picking my paycheck up off the ground?
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info