Blind

Don't mind me, just linking gems
Unavailable
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
Although it might be overpowered, Blind should reduce aggro range significantly. The fact that monsters who can no longer see can tell exactly where you are is more than slightly unrealistic.
I would argue no more so than the fact blind affects monsters without eyes :P
Beyond a certain point, we have to override realism for good gameplay, and on this one I think you and I are simply drawing the line in different places.

Either this is a spoiler for Act 3, or I missed a lot of the game content, but I can't really come up with a good example of a monster in the game without eyes. Unless you consider skeletons and ghosts, but those are proven to see somehow anyway.
"
buralien wrote:
Unless you consider skeletons and ghosts, but those are proven to see somehow anyway.

If they 'see somehow anyways', they don't need eyes, and Blind wouldn't work technically (but it applies just fine in-game). That's kind of the point :P
Also, from the top of my head; Skeletal Rhoa, Water Elementals, Vaal Constructs (Constructs cast spells so it's rather moot, but, you know). :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 21, 2012, 7:08:35 PM
Can someone post a few details about the skill atm?

From wiki i see...

level 1 - Base chance is 8% to apply - *But what is the duration?

level 10 - *Base chance? - and 20% longer duration, -BUT- 20% from what?

Also MOST important, does the chance to miss increase over levels? AND what is the % reduction on miss.

Thanks.
A couple people threw out numbers, but I saw no definite answer. Blind gives the mob how much less chance to hit?
"
Ashilana wrote:
A couple people threw out numbers, but I saw no definite answer. Blind gives the mob how much less chance to hit?

I missed it as well if it was there. I'd also like to know the exact effect of blind.
Blind is a 75% reduction in chance to hit.
Apologies if this is a stupid question but, does this gem work with spells?

Second question...

The stat reduced is chance to hit (1-chance to evade) right? Instead of accuracy, which goes into

Chance to Evade = 1 - Attacker's Accuracy / ( Attacker's Accuracy + (Defender's Evasion / 4) ^ 0.8 )

The former would make a 0 ER character dodge 80% of attacks I imagine, 5 chance to evade, -75% chance to hit.

The later would leave the character evading 5% of the time with 0 ER.
Last edited by scrangos on Jan 29, 2013, 10:27:37 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Blind is a 75% reduction in chance to hit.
Thanks. And do you know what the base duration is?
I am also very keen to know what the base duration is. I cannot find it anywhere. Sadly, the search function of this forum is not optimal, but I really did look.
So also 2 questions left:
- What is Blind's base duration?
- Is the little blinking star-like graphic over monster's heads an indication that they are blind?
Thank you
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info