Blind

Seems I overestimated how good the gem scales. I assume the percentage at level 20 becomes 15%, not 25%. I still stand by my criticism that it's worthless at lower levels, though.
"
0nin wrote:
Seems I overestimated how good the gem scales. I assume the percentage at level 20 becomes 15%, not 25%. I still stand by my criticism that it's worthless at lower levels, though.

Most support gems are worthless at lower levels. Added lightning/cold damage doesn't hardly add any damage for the increased cost.
Onin: It seems to be quite useless, but I think it goes to 10% really fast, I wasn't paying attention as I was leveling the gem on lvl63 character. But once you get the 10% chance with aoes you will notice the difference. If you are tanking 4 mobs, after three cleaves you usually blind at least one. Also you will notice this when playing in group more because the mobs don't die so fast and you have time to blind them.

I'm not sure how is it gonna scale to level 20 but 15% seems like it, 12% don't feel OP, I don't think 15% would. I have most of my gems at level 16 or 17, it's not that easy to get them to level 20.

Note the gem doesn't increase the cost of skill it is attached to, I like it, I know there are other gems that don't do it too but I find this really useful and would use it even with something like 110% or 120% mana cost increase.

Maybe the blind effect should have some effect on casters too, it is... if they are blind, why do they hit me so precisely? :)
✠ ✠
"
wiggin wrote:

Maybe the blind effect should have some effect on casters too, it is... if they are blind, why do they hit me so precisely? :)
Well they're casters, so obviously the reason is magic.

Or magnets. Take your pick.
Why am I wearing a heavy belt if I haven't got any pants?
"
Milchut wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:

Well they're casters, so obviously the reason is magic.

Or magnets. Take your pick.

I always knew the steel kinda attracts lightning bolts, damned.

I wonder if the blind duration could be extended somehow, is it affected by temporal chains? Does anybody know? Is it something like shock/burn/chill? I can't really tell just by looking at it in the game.
✠ ✠
If you have unwavering stance does this skill do anything at all?
srdy
It should be affected by temporal chains, everything is affected by temporal chains because it affects buffs indiscriminately and can't tell two buffs different things
Last edited by Umbraal on Aug 4, 2012, 11:58:15 AM
On my Shadow, it's probably the only reason I can evade enemies.

It seems really strong, but I agree the scaling is really bad. It seems too powerful, even at 10% chance - I mean, as a Shadow or any dexterity class, I'm attacking extremely frequently. With this on double strike, my target is almost always blinded. With this on an area of effect skill, many of the monsters become perma-blinded.

Overall, I like the blind mechanic. In theory, it should only be pretty good if you stack some +dodge chance on top of it.

I would actually suggest making it scale less, but maybe have the effect last longer? I'd rather not straight up nerf it, but it feels like it could be tweaked some. Or is it intended that I can perma-blind a target I focus on? Or is what I /feel/ about this gem all an illusion? I don't know how powerful it is mathematically, but it feels like a good support gem. Better than added cold damage.

I don't know of a good number to throw, but how about decreasing the level 20 blind chance by 5% and upping the level 1 blind chance by 5%, maybe increasing the duration per level by a small amount so it lasts slightly longer? Oh but then it seems like we'll be in the same boat.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Aug 8, 2012, 12:36:12 AM
Actually lower chance and longer duration wouldn't be the same at all because it would take longer (on the average) to actually blind your enemy. That said you would have to stand in front of a sighted enemy longer and take more damage.

Also it would buff ranged classes (bow and wandu sers) using this support gem because there would be more time to breath when the apporaching enemies are blinded. If they were not blinded, however, the kiting process would simply continue.

Considering the unevitable proviledge of ranged classes, I don't think lowering the chance and extending the duration is the right way to go. This skill was nice buff to fast attacking melee characters which are usually evasion users and taking that away from them would really be a step back.

✠ ✠
"
hellboar wrote:
If you have unwavering stance does this skill do anything at all?

I would also like an answer to this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info