0.9.11b Patch Notes

"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
aboltris wrote:
Only prefixes were removed.
"
Increased item quantity prefixes have been removed from the game. Items that already have them are unaffected.

is there a way to prove an item is from the actual patch? I found a magic component (glove?) yesterday (100%sure), with still some '+x% quantity' on it - but since I've seen no proving method I sold it...

Prefixes with item quantity were removed from drops. Items with SUFFIXES of item quantity can still drop.
TehHammer is not a crime!
"
aboltris wrote:
It's amazing how quick you guys get this stuff sorted out! Awesome job :)

It's amazing what competent developers can do :)
"
"
GFValkyria wrote:
"

I'm still getting hit a few time, say about a 1:20 ratio, by monster without animation and sound and sometimes not visible and lots of them still teleport.
And when things are calm, at times when I near an unique I would get spikes like mad, without even fighting yet for fear of death due to lag.. That is main reason for not playing on HC much, I'd have to switch PC for HC using Quadcore but lesser gpu, safer a bit, but problems still arise in game.

Last played 12ish hrs ago, I'll see if it still happens in a few..

Okay, maybe a bit exaggerated on them hits, but still.. it's traumatizing.

Which gateway and where do you come from?

If you experience lagging with monsters' auras, try putting more RAM in your machine. PoE takes quite a bit.

USA. You think switching realm would change for the better/worse?

I'm running a pc with 2008ish hardware, ASUS M2N E w/ 4800+ athlon x2, 9600gso, with 2gb ram.

Since begining of summer it has been bugging down a bit, and plus the mobo and cpu run hot regardless.
I'm actually planing on dishin out for a new machine.
I could play way better if I switch that gso in to the quad, but that's not mine, as it's sitting in the family room, and I enjoy PoE in mine. And when I do, HC will be considered.

The best thing you can do to refresh the pc is to format and reinstall everything from scratch. Gets rid of a lot of those nasty bugs and makes it perform almost like new.

Also an upgrade to 4GB RAM might do the trick if possible. If you are low on RAM and cannot add any try increasing your VRAM.

A lot of the problems where you are being hit and monsters are not animating or near you is actually a desynch issue which is not hardware related; but network related. I sometimes have these issues (although rare, and much less often than that other crappy game where they balance things by doubling it) and my PC is running 3 year old hardware that can still donkey punch any game on the market max settings.
Last edited by Ascendic on Jul 24, 2012, 11:04:00 PM
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
GFValkyria wrote:
2GB is really low and, considering the price of RAM today, it'd be wise to get yourself to 4GB (If you are on x86) or 8GB on a x64. The load times will be significantly lowered.

I had a lot of troubles with 4GB ram on XP/32, with some 'cheats' to minimize the non-usable part and without it. Thats why I switched to 7/x64, just nearly only for POE... ^^

I didnt have any issues with 4GB ram in XP. On most decent older motherboards there was a 'memory hole remapping' option which would give you more than 3GB RAM. Also on older motherboards the GPU RAM was actually addressed as part of your motherboard RAM. This resulted in your GPU RAM being subtracted from your motherboards usable RAM.

I had an NF4 motherboard with 4GB that would only run 3GB without enabling memory hole remap and 3.5GB after the remap due to a 512MB GPU installed.

Although if upgrading to x64 fixed your issue it may not have been any motherboard settings.
So is the next patch after 0.9.12 going to be 0.10.0?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info