PSA. The word is LOSE not LOOSE!!!!

"
Vakirauta wrote:
"
Alexdaemon wrote:
Hostile much? :D

But I don't like kitties. Unfortunately my fiancé goes mad for them, and this is the only place I can show my hatred upon those little cute demons.

-Cheetahs do count.

Damn it. I dislike valid points. :|
I dare you to hate a white lion. :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
^There we go. :) Youre not a complete heartless bastard, its just a part time job :D.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
Now do one of these threads a day...
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Let me just add my annoyance when people praise or bash a game for how "fluent" combat is or is not.

The word such posters may be seeking is fluid, not fluent.
/rant =>[.]<=

Wrong.
IGN: Neckroemansir
"
Ziellos wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Let me just add my annoyance when people praise or bash a game for how "fluent" combat is or is not.

The word such posters may be seeking is fluid, not fluent.
/rant =>[.]<=

Wrong.

Elaborate, please. Succinctness is only a virtue when the complete thought is communicated. You can't simply say someone is "wrong" without supporting your counter-thesis. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
iamstryker wrote:
This common spelling mistake is starting to make me go a little nuts. Why is it so common?? I see it everywhere, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Is spelling that difficult?

A subset of people mixing these up mite (heh) be from Germany. We do have "lose" which means, well... "loose". So maybe in order to differentiate those two, and 'lose' already being a word in Germany, many people mis-spell it. Not on purpose, but because the concept of having to same-looking words in two different languages and two different meanings is not easy to get your head around.

To top it off:
German "lose" is pronounced with a long 'o' sound, like in "war" (approximately, it's not exactly the same sound; it's more closed in German). The pronunciation of the Double-o in "loose" is much more strongly associated in Germany with the corresponding phoneme.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Elaborate, please. Succinctness is only a virtue when the complete thought is communicated. You can't simply say someone is "wrong" without supporting your counter-thesis. =^[.]^=

Can I come play on YOUR internet please?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
To be quite honest:

I spent about 5-6 years as an editor.

One thing you learn is the difference between professional writing and everything else.

I don't give a fuck about what other people mistype in the "everything else" category. It's an informal environment. If I can understand your message in that informal environment, I don't give a fuck what you typed.

There's a time and a place for caring about people's bastardization of written language. And message boards (just a tiny thing in the cosmos of "everything else") ain't one of those times or places.
"In a state of physical balance and security, power, intellectual as well as physical, would be out of place."
- H. G. Wells, The Time Machine
"
Sairven wrote:
To be quite honest:

I spent about 5-6 years as an editor.

One thing you learn is the difference between professional writing and everything else.

I don't give a fuck about what other people mistype in the "everything else" category. It's an informal environment. If I can understand your message in that informal environment, I don't give a fuck what you typed.

There's a time and a place for caring about people's bastardization of written language. And message boards (just a tiny thing in the cosmos of "everything else") ain't one of those times or places.

Myep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info