0.10.8c Patch Notes

Only about 5% of my chars have dual or more curses, however, I feel the 50% reduction of curse effectiveness on certain bosses to be way over the top.

As others have pointed out, it takes quite a sacrifice to get to the position on the passive tree to be able to dual curse, and yet people have built their characters around this, foregoing practically any form of damage in favour of supporting their team.
These guys just got a whole lot more worthless. They already had to put themselves in danger while rapidly using their library of curses instead of attacking and leaching life. Desperately trying to get some use out of the curses before the sporkers wipe everything out. Now the ONLY place where these characters shine (difficult bosses) is becoming more like a dull glow.

If certain curses were being over-used, or certain combinations were deemed too powerful, then this is what (IMO) should have received a nerf.
I agree with the logical suggestion put forward earlier in this thread, that multi-cursing becomes less effective the more curses that are applied. This would enable "the common man" to use a single curse, (or someone who had sacrificed to get to the top of the tree a double curse), without being too destroyed. It would put the nerf firmly in the realms of quad-, and quint-cursers.
My suggestion would be no reduction for a single curse, and 10% for the second curse (ONLY the second one, first remains at full effect), then double the reduction of each additional curse. This way cursing still remains somewhat viable, but it would encourage more situational use of curses, instead of spam everything with the entire library.

Also, I second the question about how we know if an enemy has blocked our attack (and/or spell).

TL:DR Curse Nerf seems aimed at wrong people.
"
PyrosEien wrote:
A better way to nerf curses I think would have been to have first curse=100%, 2nd curse= 50% each and so on. So stacking curses, especially 2 curses like enfeeble+temp chains, isn't as good, but without nerfing single curse since that's generally not OP.

What? Barely anybody takes dual curse, it certainly doesn't need nerfing, so a nerf that makes single curse (zero point investment) just as powerful, but only hurts dual curse (significant point investment) is beyond stupid.
"
Reduced Enemy Block Chance passives.

Where are these? Give me a clue which character to start near. I have looked all over the tree for them, but the tree is so huge I may have missed them somewhere. Do they occur on their own, or do they share a node with other mods?
Nerfing multiple curses is a bad idea too, just a bad idea that doesn't affect the people suggesting it so it seems more reasonable to them.

I wonder what the actual motivation behind this massive nerf is?

Is it curse spec players in a 6 man map team putting up 4-5 curses?

Is it because enfeeble/temporal work to well on map bosses?

This is a really shitty no warning change that badly affects solo and 2 man team characters like I mostly play.

I'm pretty sure the user community could come up with better fixes that this crap if we knew what problem they were trying to address.
I agree Zaanus. The solution I posted seems reasonable to me, because it doesn't affect me.

That isn't why I suggested changing the proposed patch to curses though. The curse nerf they have in mind wouldn't affect me either.

I feel the majority of new players to the game would not bother with curses at all if they knew that they wouldn't be as effective in the very situations where they are needed most.
I feel it will help with build diversity if single or double cursing remains nearly as strong as it is now, while (WHAT I CAN ONLY GUESS) the whole reason behind the nerf is that they feel bosses are getting dominated by high end characters with multiple uniques allowing many curses at once.

I don't mind other peoples viewpoints being shared though, and Zaanus does have a point about the passive investment being high for those who can't afford to do it through uniques (hence my suggestion that this only receiving a very minor nerf).
Nerfing curses further encourages people to use nothing but a single aoe and a single ..single-target skill.

I don't see the point of this because it almost mandates the group to have a multi curser in order to safely take down some of the harder bosses.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
The more I think about this curse nerf, the less inclined I am to log into the game tonight. I have melee marauder gearing up for merci vaal and ls templar ready for piety, but without 100% curses, I just don't want to risk it. And grinding some more is...well, not that attractive option when 99.99% of stuff that drops is junk.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Welp, this guy is poor as fk already and all he did was farm alterations from act bosses...
IGN: Jarengax
Why nerf curses? They are in no way OP and enable many different builds. Disappointing.
RIP Bolto
"
Odoakar wrote:
The more I think about this curse nerf, the less inclined I am to log into the game tonight. I have melee marauder gearing up for merci vaal and ls templar ready for piety, but without 100% curses, I just don't want to risk it. And grinding some more is...well, not that attractive option when 99.99% of stuff that drops is junk.

Lol, regular act bosses is not what people are complaining about. Those are too easy to begin with.

Its the map bosses that are going to be a pain.
IGN: SynergyHC
Last edited by Synergy1337 on May 20, 2013, 1:40:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info