0.10.8c Patch Notes

"
...nerfing curses just makes the problem worse. It may seem like the sort of change that hits everybody equally, but it does not.

"
Laurcus wrote:
I must admit, I fail to see the logic behind the nerf to curses.

"
Synergy1337 wrote:
Dont mind the fact that this will make it a nightmare for the thousands of casuals with crappy gear. They dont count in GGGs world.

"
DeathDiciple wrote:
If curses are too easy mode then nerf curses instead of making a hack 'fix' to boss difficulties.

"
I really like this game, but i'm starting to get mad at you.
Last edited by Understray on May 20, 2013, 3:15:05 PM
"
Rory wrote:
"
Spikey00 wrote:
"
Act and map bosses now have reduced effect of curses on them.

Beyond the question that was already asked above, is this a consistent reduction of curse effects across all bosses or is it variable?

These monsters, and their equivalent versions in Maps have 50% reduced curse effect:

Brutus
Vaal Oversoul
Merveil
Piety (Does not apply in the Crematorium)

All other Map bosses have 40% reduced curse effect!

I hate you guys.
I really don't mind that this patch indicates curse balance is being looked into and worked on.

I DO mind that this change indicates the second time that GGG has implemented an extremely heavy-handed sweepingly game-altering approach to balance (the first time being the untested and massive, sweeping changes to ES and CI on open beta release).

50% and 40% reductions are far more than a 'tweak' to balance. It's a downright crushing change to game balance. Given the amount of time it took for GGG to take any action towards correcting ES/CI balance, I am dismayed at this sort of decision and it certainly shakes my faith in them at this point.

I hope they'll seriously reconsider the numbers they've put forth here.

Very disappointed and concerned at the moment.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Ok, either I missed THREE sword wheels, all in different areas of the skill tree, whilst actively looking for sword nodes, or those weren't there a couple of hours ago.
Either could be true, I really am that tired, lol.
In my opinion, removing the extra curse from a ring you can swap with a macro is a better fix than hurting people who actualy spend the up to 9 points needed to go all the way and talent an extra curse which takes away from survivability or damage from other passive nodes.
i don't use either enfeeble or temporal chains , but instead i use guerilla tactics with burning on the bosses , this will make it a lot more risky vs flicker and fast bosses. Is double resdebuff to powerful aswell as temp chains and enfeeble or are you targeting specific builds here GGG ?
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:
What? There is no 'Block Reduction' in this game. Are you talking about block recovery?

This is block reduction, such as from the Sword Damage and Reduced Enemy Block Chance passives.

With respect to the change in block _______ :
So is block recovery = block reduction or not? Your statement seems ambiguous to me; it could mean that (a) they are one in the same or it could mean (b) that block reduction is infact in the game and block recovery is not equivalent to block reduction.

Could you please clarify?

With respect to the change of curse/boss mechanics:

As for the curse change, something of this sort should perhaps coincide with a fundamental change to curses.

option 1:
Each player can apply a curse and that provides effects only for the player who casted the curse; or

option 2: allowing bosses to have multiple curses [perhaps at an even greater reduction of effectiveness than 50%] (provided from multiple players, w/o the +1 to curses items or nodes ==> max 1 curse from each party member).

option 3: All mobs in the game can have only have 1 full curse on them at once. When a 2nd curse is applied they are both 50% effective, when a third is applied they are 33% effective, and so on. The limitation of 1 curse per player without passives/uniques would be optional in this model.
Last edited by piperazinedream on May 20, 2013, 3:56:55 PM
Some of you really need to take your self-entitlement elsewhere. These guys are making a free game for you. They make an update that you don't like, and you treat them like this? Shame on you. Instead of demanding things and saying they "ruined the game", be constructive and give legitimate ideas.

As for the content idea, I do agree with this guy.
"
astralgazer wrote:
Why don't you make it something like 25% reduction for the 1st curse, 50% reduction for 2nd curse, 75% reduction for 3rd curse, and so on. This would effectively prevent using more than 2 curses.

This seems like a pretty solid fix for the issue that the devs seem to be trying to fix.

Keep up the great work devs. I trust that you'll work out any problems that arise from this patch and I hope people remember this is A BETA, and thus there will be balance issues sometimes.
Though 50% / 40% might be rather high I welcome this change.

There is no reason bosses should be so easy to curse. Idea is to curse kill the adds then work on a boss for more than few sec. Kiting timing all needs to come into play.

Also dont like changing this so that 2nd curse hits much harder either. As that would only prevent many people from bothering to get Whispers of Doom!

Maybe some update might reduce the numbers down from 50%/40% but this is a good change and might actually force people lvl up their curses above lvl 1 lol.
SSF since ~OB
What? O well, not the biggest patch, but seems like you aren't really addressing the current problems. What a bummer. Add more problems into the pot GGG, that will strike you well.... I'm soon giving up.
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Last edited by Xpire on May 20, 2013, 4:26:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info