Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

Updated the guide to reflect some minor tweaking to the build after patch. In addition, I added a new spoiler containing my thoughts on effect patch 0.11.0 had on the build, as well as why I made the changes I did.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Thank you for the dilligence. I can't wait to try this build in the anarchy league :) Which might prove difficult due to the empty stash, but what the hell.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
Build sounds awesome so I decided to give it a try... I'll let ya know how it goes!
Was mfing all damn night tonight and shit myself when this dropped from a 66 map.

Looks like my mara is getting a new weapon :) With the new eternal orbs, I think I will just exalt this baby until it rolls ias to make it the most amazing sword ever.

1.3k dps upgrade
11628 dps now :)

Here is my old one if anyone is interested.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 9, 2013, 6:22:21 AM
Hello Dragon,
As i see you active on this topic and doing amazing job i got a few questions. Using this build with succes, solo map ilvl72- clearing is snowballing.

I'm doin (tankin it till he kills everything) 70+ maps with my friend whos full of IQ/IR. He read somewhere that if a mob is dying by Infernal Blow and another mob is exploding killing another ones - they count as default IQ/IR map. So he was mad at me, because even when he killing a mob some of them explode affected by mine IB. Changed IB to LS with some support gems and its okey. Have u ever heard of this IB "bug"?

Can u link ur gear when u solo run in MF gear? and gems what are u running? no idea how to link my gear but atm sitting on 7k dps.

PS. Build with LS works great too, if u got friend with IR/IQ and decent dmg. With this passives IB and LS is same dmg (sometimes even higher - depends on supporting gems) - not considering the massive AoE from IB which makes IB a lot of more DPS.
Last edited by Cornostr on Jun 9, 2013, 3:09:02 PM
This is a great build dragon!

I encourage you to hop over and check out my Bringer of rain/IB build that is not nearly as tanky as yours but, I'd say, more naked, and consequently, manly! Or shoot an ingame - hanfistedfirst
It's possible to make a Templar w/ this build but skip, not much...but some health nodes and grab elemental damage nodes? I really loved your build, but i love templars and i don't like that much of IB, it's possible to use another skill? Like cleave+elemental damage? Maybe use scepters for ele damage too. Well, thanks and this is an hell of a build!
Going for Anarchy and definitily want to try this out!

btw, is there anyway to make it as an CI build? LOTS of block+Aurora Shield must raise the ES so much...and doing that i think it's cool to grab some elemental damage nodes in the way of CI/ES nodes.
Last edited by Nawul on Jun 9, 2013, 8:11:28 PM
"
Cornostr wrote:
Hello Dragon,
As i see you active on this topic and doing amazing job i got a few questions. Using this build with succes, solo map ilvl72- clearing is snowballing.

I'm doin (tankin it till he kills everything) 70+ maps with my friend whos full of IQ/IR. He read somewhere that if a mob is dying by Infernal Blow and another mob is exploding killing another ones - they count as default IQ/IR map. So he was mad at me, because even when he killing a mob some of them explode affected by mine IB. Changed IB to LS with some support gems and its okey. Have u ever heard of this IB "bug"?

Can u link ur gear when u solo run in MF gear? and gems what are u running? no idea how to link my gear but atm sitting on 7k dps.

PS. Build with LS works great too, if u got friend with IR/IQ and decent dmg. With this passives IB and LS is same dmg (sometimes even higher - depends on supporting gems) - not considering the massive AoE from IB which makes IB a lot of more DPS.

Hi there.
I haven't heard of this bug you speak of. It does sort of make sense though. From my experience with grouping it seems that no matter who gets the killing blow, the corpse explode always reflects back to me vs ele reflect. So I think your friend could be right.

For my MF gear, I don't use to much. It is pretty dangerous to gimp yourself as melee with mf gear so I only had a little. I did, however switch to this
for killing blows. I had a lvl 1 LS and iir/iiq gems socket in it. When I got a boss to <10% I would drop decoy totem, run out a few paces, swap weapons and get the killing blow with the axe. I think all together it was around 70/180 mf? It has been a while since I did that as I have rolled a dual totem templar to do all my mfing.

"
Midas_ wrote:
It's possible to make a Templar w/ this build but skip, not much...but some health nodes and grab elemental damage nodes? I really loved your build, but i love templars and i don't like that much of IB, it's possible to use another skill? Like cleave+elemental damage? Maybe use scepters for ele damage too. Well, thanks and this is an hell of a build!
Going for Anarchy and definitily want to try this out!

btw, is there anyway to make it as an CI build? LOTS of block+Aurora Shield must raise the ES so much...and doing that i think it's cool to grab some elemental damage nodes in the way of CI/ES nodes.

It is possible sure. I wouldn't skip out on any hp nodes however. The basic principle of the build revolves around aegis aurora and stone of lazwhar. If you have those items, the rest of it is just maximizing your resists, hp, and block chance. The build actually does very respectable damage with so few dps nodes (once you get a 6L). And most people that have never played a block build underestimate the importance of high block chance for being in melee.

This build could work with just about any melee attack really. However, I don't really think it is a good idea to run it with LS or GS. Those 2 are more ranged attacks and really don't need all the defensive points that this build has. With the recent buff to splash radius the sky is the limit! Even glacial hammer with a 20% splash has respectable aoe range now.

As for CI, it is not really something that can be done with my build. Switching to CI would cause you to lose several auras as well as the ability to link blood magic to your attack. I am not saying it can't be done, but it would be a completely different build.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 9, 2013, 8:24:52 PM
Just posting to show appreciation and respect for this guide, I'm only lvl 50 but this toon is super tanky and dishes out mega damage, all thanks to you Dragon!
Also thanks for keeping it up to date with 0.11 so promptly.
I haven't gotten The Covenant yet so I have yet to experience 8 aura glory, but honestly I don't even need it yet.
Sorry to ask a semi-OT question in this thread, but around how much does The Covenant usually go for in Standard league?
Last edited by Aracknid on Jun 9, 2013, 8:27:53 PM
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but if you were take all the aura's off, how affective would this build be?
Also if you were to have like 4 of the aura's how effective would this build be?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info