Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

It's alright Dragon, your a smart dude.. Dont let the patch get you down, Im sure you will come up with something in time.. Its only been one day, let it breath for a lil..
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Does aura swap trick still works? I need more buff due to the new patch
IGN: Rainku_Arc
Hi there dragon, i saw yourinfernal tank build and i think is awesome so i made it on my marauder. I don't have already a 6L so i'm using the bringer of rain helmet right now and these are my stats now:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Atm i'm using an axe, would you suggest to buy a mace or something or is it ok?

Any other changes i should do?

"
ehrmantraut wrote:
Hi there dragon, i saw yourinfernal tank build and i think is awesome so i made it on my marauder. I don't have already a 6L so i'm using the bringer of rain helmet right now and these are my stats now:

Atm i'm using an axe, would you suggest to buy a mace or something or is it ok?

Any other changes i should do?

Looks good man! I'm a bit jelly you have a bringer of rain ^_^
You didn't link your build so I am assuming your following mine? As for your axe, it is just fine! In fact, axes are probably going to be the better weapon of choice due to them getting higher dmg node buffs from last patch.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
Halezor wrote:
If it's any consolation I think this build will still be one of the better "true tank" builds available to Melee players. I used my free re-spec to change my 60 Mara on default over to this build from a 2H Lightning Striker and not only is his survivability waaaaay up in Merc, I am killing much faster and don't have to kite! I just stand there raining down Infernal Blows and watching shit explode. It is glorious.

I am running 5L with BM + LoH + Infernal + Splash + Multi. It is very nice right now and as long as I pop a granite once in awhile I am steamrolling packs. I don't even have the damage maxed since I am using Life on Hit right now. Not sure what I will add as a 6L when I get one...Fire Penetration perhaps.

It isn't the build that has me disappointed with the patch. The build is still very much a powerhouse. It suffered from the hit on ele resist and the hp lose was regretable, but overall it still rocks the house. No, my issues with the patch stem from broken promises and hints of things that weren't delivered. But as you can see from my recent supporter status, I am still here and enjoy the game tremendously.

"
Jadran wrote:
I've been meaning to try a block build for a while now. Seeing this one + the awesome tempest shield effect I am sure I will try it in the Anarchy league - can't wait!

Getting the unique items and high lvl gems might be tricky, so I'll probably be stuck with an inferior version of the build for a long time, but being able to constantly improve on it is something to look forward to.

I hope you will come to terms with the new balance after the patch.
On the other hand - if GGG really screwed up I hope they will realize it and fine tune the changes.

Many thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Have you considered using Static Blows for the 10% (or even 20%) chance to shock with the Tempest Shield, to add insult to injury and stack shock on those mobs hammering you?

Hi there!
I have considered using static blows, but there are 2 reasons why I do not. The first is that you need some SERIOUS lightning damage to shock bosses. The second is, with just wrath I don't really have all that much lightning damage to begin with. Packs of monsters die very quickly, and if I were to spend 2 points in dps nodes, I would definitely spend them on the newly buffed physical nodes as those provide me with more hp/sec from leech.

"
rainku wrote:
Does aura swap trick still works? I need more buff due to the new patch

Sure does!

I promise I will be updating the guide, but for now I am kind of unmotivated until the bugfix for forum colors is back. Sorry :P

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Jun 7, 2013, 7:49:07 AM
Hey Dragon,
as I mentioned before, I tried to make your build in Hardcore -- and it worked out very well!
I am level 74 now and going strong, thank you for the inspiration.
I have modified the build slightly -- instead of RT I took crit chance and crit dmg nodes that apply to both my weapon and my tempest shield,

I link tempest shield with iron will, crit chance, and ele proliferation -- this allows it to spread shocks onto the whole mob pack very fast, especially coupled with crit weakness curse.

Needless to say the shocks and crits boost my dps a lot. And I also went for more armor focus and did not go into the duelist area, here is the 100 point passive tree for anyone curious:

The reasoning was that because of the shield's healing armor is effectively extra hitpoints, and the more armor you have the more ES you will recover on block, and less ES you will lose on hits -- I tried to take this to the max! Given 60%-70% chance to block, you need your ES to be at least 10% of your armor rating to take the maximum advantage of this mechanic. That is why I took a mana increase node to fit in discipline aura.
Immortal King WW Marauder build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348782/page/1
ign: Peresvet
Last edited by Deen1983 on Jun 7, 2013, 11:18:32 AM
Heya Dragon! I'm a pretty new player but I was searching around for a new marauder guide for the Anarchy league. I want to use this build but was not sure if it will still work with the new nerfs?! Hopefully you can make a new guide that also kicks ass :D
double post
Last edited by Pilgore_The_Mighty on Jun 7, 2013, 3:25:35 PM
"
Deen1983 wrote:
Hey Dragon,
as I mentioned before, I tried to make your build in Hardcore -- and it worked out very well!
I am level 74 now and going strong, thank you for the inspiration.
I have modified the build slightly -- instead of RT I took crit chance and crit dmg nodes that apply to both my weapon and my tempest shield,

I link tempest shield with iron will, crit chance, and ele proliferation -- this allows it to spread shocks onto the whole mob pack very fast, especially coupled with crit weakness curse.

Needless to say the shocks and crits boost my dps a lot. And I also went for more armor focus and did not go into the duelist area, here is the 100 point passive tree for anyone curious:

The reasoning was that because of the shield's healing armor is effectively extra hitpoints, and the more armor you have the more ES you will recover on block, and less ES you will lose on hits -- I tried to take this to the max! Given 60%-70% chance to block, you need your ES to be at least 10% of your armor rating to take the maximum advantage of this mechanic. That is why I took a mana increase node to fit in discipline aura.

I would be scared of not having unwavering stance in hardcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info