Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

"
AqUaLoRd wrote:
Which is more damage on the following gems when you corrupt them?

1] Added Fire Damage - 20/23 or 21/20
Can't figure out if 17% incr fire damage is better than 40% phys dmg to fire dmg.

2] Melee Splash - 20/23 or 21/20
I believe in this case it is the level as qual will just increase the area?

3] Melee Phys Dmg - 20/23 or 21/20
Is the 11% more melle better than 50% increased melee?

4] WED - 20/23 or 21/20
Same goes for 11\60?

5] Infernal Blow - is the Level

6] Faster Attacks - Both seems to give 55%

I don't care about AOE, just need to get the most damage from these gems as possible.

Cheers for the help!

My gear and tree matches Dragon's

Here are the findings:

1] Added Fire Damage 2120
2] Melee Splash 2120
3] Melee Phys Dmg 2120
4] WED 2120
5] Infernal Blow 2120
6] Faster Attacks 2023
7] Multistrike 2120
8] Double Strike 2120

Gained 3400 tooltip dps on Infernal Blow
Gained 3500 tooltip dps on Double Strike

As I am quitting with this great build for the moment, I want to get rid of my Legacy Soul Taker, perhaps someone here needs it.

If someone is interested PM me.
IGN (Standard): UberFukker
IGN (Essence): Talamoanator

"The track of your life has come to me, and it goes no further. I am your end, your utter obliteration!"
- Cnaiür urs Skiotha
After endless farming and some now naked characters I've got all the gear perfected for this build :D

Let's hope it remains unnerfed in the upcoming patch\expansion.
Wow. Sick gear man!
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Great build!! I have one questions, Is important body armor ar/es ? or i can use ar/ev? :)
Sorry Role in this movie is that you do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGzlvboIWQ

It is, then please tell me your talent this movie
and
Gems and gear connection

Last edited by as22122 on Aug 8, 2014, 1:04:31 PM
"
Jakub19911 wrote:
Great build!! I have one questions, Is important body armor ar/es ? or i can use ar/ev? :)

You will need some ES for Aegis Aurora to replenish on block. When I first started out, I only had about 500 es and that was actually pretty effective. But as your gear gets better... well the more the merrier!

"
as22122 wrote:
Sorry Role in this movie is that you do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTGzlvboIWQ

It is, then please tell me your talent this movie
and
Gems and gear connection

Not my movie. But looks pretty much the same as the build featured here. All the information you need is located on the first page of the guide.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Aug 8, 2014, 5:01:14 PM
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Wow. Sick gear man!

Cheers Dragon! Still love this build even if it came with the furniture :P Looking forward to the love GGG will be showing towards melee skills in the new patch.

"Spectral Throw and some of the things that support it will be slightly nerfed. In contrast some past great melee skills will see a little love. (Yes, that includes cleave)"

Spoiler
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2d6xiv/eternal_and_diamond_supporter_newsletter_7
Gone through the new tree, after quite a bit of mapping with a IB block build... ive come to realize shit happens for that 1 second when you cant move after taking a big hit .. so unwavering stance is pretty handy...

A notable change in the dps nodes is the axe node near unwavering stance that has added life to it along with providing 60% dps increase and a 2% aspd increase. so ive not taken by the blade..

Here is what i came up with from dragons build for 110 points.
Spoiler
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAWGPG2F8_8wagtPuq5FHBBHloC2F4DTboWK86Ug48n8u-iiXfG_qkGQHchNmbg1PfWNuE73Ttbmm-p8AP0k22QWqT1e0ppU4q55Gsr8OGZ5sZLtSPJ-2sqnKpfNlZ88AakFUaOKeE7DiMdk3YOtiBb548BLPwH6IAtPlmnvrSfuJPfYBWUWBhIRpVecAGOe7Z3B3FiuNqNukWbySqRmmHKfZIjM89_GVNFFLjnycv8i-krLyf7w5lpzB3JviVm-JhhxlsFvxLFE0FLWBLeu9HfqmVr2zp1Qz3Xh-9gQ==

The key points of this skill tree basing on removing dependency on gear and having breathing room while shifting around resistances on gear also filling basic stat requirements of essential to build gear gems
"
Maximum Life +% 175
Fire Resist 31
Cold Resist 23
Lightning Resist 23
Chaos Resist 20
Strength Dexterity Intelligence
372 134 74

with the dps boosting nodes from the tree because Infernal blow is 50% fire dmg.. essentially boosting physical dmg does the job on both ends also gives more dmg when hatred is run.
as
"
Physical Damage
Physical Axe Damage +% 64
One Handed Melee Physical Damage +% 46
Melee Physical Damage +% 36

For me the IR route holds 2 key things
1. in party situations even in duo there is almost always some one running grace ...
2. my armor is hybrid AR/ES
Spoiler
which is the main source to provide a crap ton of armor to give alteast 400 es back on block which is g a cheaper alternative that works with the new aegis aurora because not every one can afford a legacy one or a soul taker ... I get enough es from aa and rainbow strides and my glove to hit 500+ es.

The no reduced aura nodes ... and no alpha howl because i find for most part hatred+ determination is more than enough with this crap ton of armor/defense and shit ..
Domine Non Es Dignus
Yeah I agree with the above, I'm taking screenshots of my current setup as it deviates slightly from Dragon's tree. Loaded my saved build in POEBuilder and only noticed 27 points not allocated on the new tree so the changes are not so huge. I'll spend some time this weekend to figure all this out but at the moment it looks like a DPS increase. I use hatred, grace and haste as I like soloing - and it appears that there will be a dps increase as expected.

More on this later. Hopefully the Master Dragon can leave some input as well. MAY make my gear available to him (only) for testing purposes. Long live the Tank!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info