Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

This is what I always seem to come back to for a lvl 100 build. Remember that cyclone's tooltip shows 1/2 of actual dps. YES I'm sure.

The armor is low, but a shift in tactics is needed for bosses like atziri/dominus. The ES gained from AA needs to become a bonus rather than something we rely on. Due to bad RNG streaks, I feel that higher HP and max resists is the way to go. The ES gained from AA will just be icing on the cake.

DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Aug 20, 2014, 3:05:25 AM
Hi Dragon, Some thoughts on your build. I wanted to run this since you first made it and were running it with swords then you changed to axes and then to cyclone after your tryst with atziri. now that cyclone is no longer supported by multi strike... not sure where that is going to get all the AA blender types with atziri.

for quite some time before i manged to get my AA i was doing serege's variant of max block IB build. herehttp://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/868995/page/1 It relys on lot lof life to sustain hits that do not get blocked.. the basic idea is to have enough life for the hits that make it past block to survive then and keep moving on. he runs with just 2 aura determination and hatred

I also realized after a few atziri runs armor doesn't really do shit when OP shit hits you all at once hits like atziri/maze vaal smash + that lazer ( at the time when your ES is down from the smash or like amped up smash)

The one single thing ive found common to most successful atziri builds that are not desync ridden is the use of Immortal call for atleast an uptime of 10+seconds.

what serge's build does not have is IR route the idea of US and the idea of having high armor to restore more es on block.

what your build does not have is high life pool and IC setup in tree.

Ive come to understand even with a lot of life you are gonna die from combo hits the damage is just wayy to OP.

So a balance of life and dps ( what good is dps if you cant stay alive long enough to do it?).. Im going for an endurance charge in the tree along with 3 skill duation passives + a reset to oak bandits to gain one endurance charge atleast 5 endurance charges to keep an uptime of IC over 10 seconds leaving enough room to refresh IC before it expires.

with IC setup we can switch to saffel's flame for the spell attacks and max cap on resists now that our max resists are getting fucked with patch.

Having some kind of reliance on IC in tree for consistency is useful.
Domine Non Es Dignus
I've never used multi-strike with cyclone. It is such a headache and I never thought it was worth it.

I'm not sure why you would want to spend passive points with the intent getting a 10 second IC. IC is situation dependent and I can't see spending so many points just to get it to 10 seconds when you can reach 5 seconds pretty easily w/o passives. Try Blood Magic, 20/20 IC, 20/20 Inc Duration, lvl 3 enhance. And Blood Magic, 20/20 end cry, 20 spell echo, 20/20 faster casting(optional). This promises you AT LEAST 2 end charges before IC expires. Which allows you to keep it rolling 100% of the time SHOULD YOU CHOOSE. 6 seconds at full charges ALL at the cost of zero passives.

You can switch to Saf's during the atziri fight w/o needing any IC passives. There is no danger from physical dmg in that fight.

Not sure where you come off saying my build doesn't have a high life pool when I pretty much focus on it. Without Koam's and using so many unique items that don't add to hp, there is only so much you can do.

DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on Aug 20, 2014, 12:07:03 AM
"
AqUaLoRd wrote:
"
AqUaLoRd wrote:
Quite interesting what you mentioned about the auras and resists and that CoH setup sounds sexy!

Using

with

gives me 39500 dps and with my 6% leech...Dominus does not want to play with me no more :(

I've used POEBuilder so long to get a rough idea of where this max block build (which I believe so strongly in) is going. Defs worth the investment (thanks to the chaos recipe!!) esp when you see everyone around you are dropping like flies kinda inspires you to reach 100. Still such a long way.

Waiting for the patch now.

Well if we gonna cheat with flasks I'm sitting pretty at 45k when I pop mine :P
DISCLAIMER!
mybad your current 1.2 build tree does have lot of life in it, aqualord's doesnt as its es/ based and his gear is godly.

My point is this i just felt even with a lot of life it doesn't really do that much good without a decent Immortal call duration that allows for enough reaction time ... hell ive seen this incinerate witch build owning it like a boss just due to that 10 sec IC, i mean there is a lot less running around jumping through hoops involved for the first two stages.
for me to get a 10 sec immortal call is the choice of 4 passive points 1 for endurance charge and 3 for another endurance charge or 3 for skill duration passives. (which i figure helps molten shell too :)

Dragon is there some special merit in going for block nodes at the bottom right of the tree? rather than the right side and near the templar area?

my current level is 86 and with the new tree im sitting at max block unwavering stance IR , a lot of dps nodes and about 156% health... ( my build doesn't have a lot of life) trying to complete the build at 90 level where i get 4 more passive points ... my choice was between those 4 reserved mana nodes or making endurance charge IC setup from those 4 points.

My only reason for a longer duration IC setup is for endgame atziri fights type of stuff ... for every thing else pretty much this build rocks with max block..

I do currently use warlords mark and blood rage running 6L with bm and no life leech ... with new warlords mark its gonna be even better to not have to manually cast it on tough packs and just keep owning shit.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Aug 20, 2014, 12:41:16 AM

Yes. Dex dex and more dex. Since I use cyclone I needed the dex. In addition, point for point, I have not been able to find a better path to cap block. There are so many other good clusters in that direction also. It IS worth it if you need the dex for cyclone, otherwise I am not sure.
DISCLAIMER!
There is really NO reason to get a 10 sec IC with this build. You have 75% block chance with AA and there are literally only a handful of times when IC is necessary. I did the tri-boss just before Atziri without even using IC. It was SO easy for this build it was laughable. 1 staunching flask, and killing the bleed stacker first was all it took. Atziri, on the other hand, wiped the floor with me. Case and point, MORE RESISTS and HP. But you go ahead and do what you think is necessary. I've said it so many times. You don't have to follow me.
DISCLAIMER!

Alpha's Howl it is. With this helm and lvl 21 purity gems I get the same effect as the other option W/O spending 8 passives to get it. Btw, I edited my build due to finding out only 2 of the 4% mana reserve nodes were necessary. Yay!
DISCLAIMER!
"
Dragon585 wrote:
"
AqUaLoRd wrote:
"
AqUaLoRd wrote:
Quite interesting what you mentioned about the auras and resists and that CoH setup sounds sexy!

Using

with

gives me 39500 dps and with my 6% leech...Dominus does not want to play with me no more :(

I've used POEBuilder so long to get a rough idea of where this max block build (which I believe so strongly in) is going. Defs worth the investment (thanks to the chaos recipe!!) esp when you see everyone around you are dropping like flies kinda inspires you to reach 100. Still such a long way.

Waiting for the patch now.

Well if we gonna cheat with flasks I'm sitting pretty at 45k when I pop mine :P

HAHAHA good times! At any rate, Atziri wiped the floor with me too, that Bitch!
"
Dragon585 wrote:

Alpha's Howl it is. With this helm and lvl 21 purity gems I get the same effect as the other option W/O spending 8 passives to get it. Btw, I edited my build due to finding out only 2 of the 4% mana reserve nodes were necessary. Yay!

Do corrupted gems actually work in Alpha's? I remember trying them back when I was upgrading all my other gems but they did not seem to make a diffs? I used L21 hatred, Clarity and Haste with reduced mana in my Alpha's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info