Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

in the videos, how come your taking so much damage?

your constantly taking big hits and going to 50% hp and even lower sometimes

Last edited by IMKR on Apr 19, 2014, 4:02:39 AM
"
IMKR wrote:
in the videos, how come your taking so much damage?

your constantly taking big hits and going to 50% hp and even lower sometimes

Something tells me you don't play melee much. In any case, it depends on which video you are watching. Some of those videos are over a year old and my gear was less that ideal at that time. On the other hand, some of those videos are in maps with insane combinations of mods that 99% of players would never even attempt. And finally... melee just gets hit eventually. No matter how tanky.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on May 1, 2014, 10:27:45 PM
Finally i'll be able to try out this build. I'm playing on ambush so i don't have any legacy items bu this is gonna be my gear (still have to fix the jewelery since atm i'm playing with another build...i'll level up another char).

I have just 2 questions:
1) Do you use the alpha's howl just to snapshot or you keep it on?
2) Do you think is better the version with cyclone or infernal blow?

Edit: actually i have another question xD Do you think is better concentrated effect or added fire dmg?
Last edited by manu91xd on May 3, 2014, 2:44:09 PM
Nice gear man!
-I keep alpha's howl on since I dislike snapshotting. It is also quite nice to be freeze immune too.

-I really like the cyclone version best for 2 reasons. Dps is substantially higher, but the best part is you are mobile. You are not locked into a multistrike animation and since you have soul taker, you can afford short cyclones which keeps you in control of your char almost 100% of the time. This mobility is priceless when it comes to avoiding bad stuff such as vaal smash and shocked ground.

I tried conc effect but I felt that it limited your cyclones range far too much. I prefer added fire dmg but I honestly can't tell you if it is better. I just FEELS better. My current settup for cyclone is Cyclone> FA> WED> MPD> AFD> LGOH. Good luck to you man, and congrats on the gear. Hope you have as much fun as I did playing this build.

edit: Since you have a new aegis with 2% I HIGHLY recommend you stack armor. Some people do not like to run the same auras as me, but really armor is your bread and butter with aegis. Grace and Determination together with armor passives has provided me nearly 40k armor on my mara. Since you are only getting 2% of your armor as ES you really should run grace + determination.

-Dragon

DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on May 3, 2014, 4:51:40 PM
-Dragon
I have one offtop question: what weapon do you use for skin tranfer at 1st page?
IGN: Javana
Thanks for the answer :)

Ye i think i'm totally gonna enjoy it.
At the moment i'm playing a rightous fire and i hate to snapshot always with carcass jack(also hate the fact i can't run many map mods..it's just good to farm dominus). I find it really annoying. I'm actually happy that i don't have to snapshot anymore xD.
Now maybe i can manage to get a 20%/98% aegis aurora trading mine.

Yes i'll definitely run both grace + determination. How many auras can i run with alpha's howl? I've never used it xD.
3*60% + tempest shield(25%)?(i have a 20 20 reduced mana)

Edit: managed to get the 20/98 AA :D
Spoiler

This evening i'll start the caracter.
Last edited by manu91xd on May 4, 2014, 12:51:57 PM
"
Orlog wrote:
-Dragon
I have one offtop question: what weapon do you use for skin tranfer at 1st page?

Arming axe skin with infernal weapon effect.

"
manu91xd wrote:
How many auras can i run with alpha's howl? I've never used it xD.
3*60% + tempest shield(25%)?(i have a 20 20 reduced mana)

If you follow my passive tree and pick up the 16% reduced mana reserved you can run 3x60% auras with just a pinch leftover. Sadly not enough to squeeze in tempest shield. You COULD go 2x60% and one of the 40% resist auras and tempest shield. But without hatred the builds dps is even worse. As much as I love tempest shield, it is not worth trading hatred for it.
DISCLAIMER!
Last edited by Dragon585 on May 4, 2014, 4:18:26 PM
"
Dragon585 wrote:

If you follow my passive tree and pick up the 16% reduced mana reserved you can run 3x60% auras with just a pinch leftover. Sadly not enough to squeeze in tempest shield. You COULD go 2x60% and one of the 40% resist auras and tempest shield. But without hatred the builds dps is even worse. As much as I love tempest shield, it is not worth trading hatred for it.

Thanks again for the answer.
Yes i think i'll run as you do those 3 auras. Maybe if i can stack alot of hp i'll try reserving hp for tempest shield.
Last edited by manu91xd on May 5, 2014, 11:51:08 AM
As requested, here is a short and sweet guide on my Cyclone Scion Dizzy_Dragon. It can also be found at the very bottom of my OP. Enjoy!

Current Project
Dizzy Dragon Cyclone Scion

I have had many people express interest in my Cyclone Scion build but I have been very hesitant to create another guide. I enjoy helping people, but some people just want to be spoon-fed and that gets annoying real quick. However, I really don't want to disappoint so I decided to do a quick and dirty on my scion's build. I won't go into great detail, and likely will not be around to answer many questions due to the fact that I rarely play these days. So here goes.

VIDEOS

Dizzy Dragon Cyclone Scion!

Older Video, Pre-SotV

The Build (level 90)

Cyclone Scion Level 90

The Gear

Things You NEED to Know About This Build

- It is INSANELY expensive
- It is PLAGUED by desync
- 6 uniques are REQUIRED
- Insane DPS
- Leech Tank (Relies on leeching life to survive)
- 9 Auras
- Very Limited sockets available due to 9 auras
- Weak vs. Chaos damage and other Dots

Still interested? Are you sure? Ok, here is a quick and dirty on how this all works.

It is your basic low life build. Most of you are probably familiar with them by now. With Crown of Eyes we are able to take full advantage of a low life build as a melee char. What this means is that Pain Attunement will now give us 30% MORE melee damage. In addition to 59% MORE weapon elemental damage from WED support and 69% MORE aoe damage from conc effect support. For those of you that don't know the "more damage" modifier is much higher than the "increased damage" modifier.

Pair all of that "MORE" damage with ALL of the dps auras AND the increased attack speed bonus of blood rage for being on low life, and you are left with breathtaking damage output via cyclone.

The uniques needed to accomplish this are:

- Soul Taker for the ability to spam short effective cyclones w/o needing the mana.
- Crown of Eyes to allow the Pain Attunement and spell damage passives to effect melee
- Prism Guardian in order to reach 9 auras
- Shavronne's Revelation in your right ring slot to offset the chaos dmg from blood rage
- Shavronne's Wrappings so that chaos damage does not bypass your energy shield
- Either Auxium or Dreamfrag to combat being frozen

Please note that while I do use Rainbow strides, they are not required for this build.

At level 90, with the gear and build I have listed above my current stats are as follows:

46k DPS buffed with auras and Blood Rage
5983 Energy Shield
11k Armor
82% Maximum Fire, Cold, and Lightning resist
184% Fire resist
171% Cold resist
140% Lightning resist
-60% Chaos resist

As you can see, I have EASILY overcapped resistances with minimal effort thanks to all 3 of the purity auras. Also, keep in mind that the dps tooltip of cyclone is 1/2 of the actual dps. So 46k tooltip is actually 92k DPS.

Remember that this build RELIES on vaal pact and life leech to survive. What this means is that desync, freeze, and anything else that causes you to not leech are disastrous.

Please see the "Gear" section for information on how I linked all of my auras and gems. I am too lazy to go through all of it :P

Hope some of you enjoy it!

-Dragon

DISCLAIMER!
<3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info