Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

Hi everyone,

I am back with more questions.
I followed the response to my earlier questions and yeah, I was missing multistrike. That's really the skill that makes all this work. I had some lcuk by finding it almost at the start of the slums while progressing through cruel act2.

I am now at end cruel and about to go Dominus but I still feel pretty weak.

Current build :
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecFLRQgFy8ZLho4GlUb-iXfJ-0pLjboOtg9_ECgR35QR1BQU99USVXWVw1YY1jbWfNfP2BLYSFko2TnZU1mnm5pcql07XrvfLh82YCkhNmE74zPkFWbg565ns2kGacwp4SsqrndvqfAGsbY0iHUj9lh51LsOO8O8i_z3fZI97760g==

Current gear :
Spoiler

I am trying to farm docks to get upgrades, but I really don't know what I miss to be more tanky. The voidbearers are still tough, probably because of my fire resist and I get my ass kicked by quite a few of the blue packs around.

Could you let me know what I really should look for right now in order to breeze through the rest of act3 and the upcoming merciless?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
shameless bump!

I would really appreciate some help.
I just tried Dominus and oh well...I can't tank him and I died several times to the other guys.

What am I missing? Should I move skill points around? Get some gear upgrades?

Thanks in advance!
Hi guys,

first of all i have to say that this build is awesome. I started playing poe few days after the realese, so you can see i dont have that many currency like a beta player. most of the time i play selffound, or i try it. atm im 52 and in the middel of cruel act 3. from the start to this point i can say, i never had any problems with any boss or instance. i started with ST (i hate it) and switched at lvl 33 to 1h shield combo. the clear speed wasnt fast at the first few levels cuz the mana sucked. i started to run auras at lvl 30 i belive. i used clarity and tempest shield to sustain mana and for the extra block chance.
right now the char is very easy to play and its like a new game. i really love this build and i hope dragon will keep it updated.
i was able to facetank piety and domi in normal solo, i think i can do it again in cruel. vaal was very easy on cruel i was able to tank his smash and light beam crap, overall i can say i dont have any problems. my current build is your leveling guide.

Spoiler

this is my gear, not the best but okay. at the moment m running clarity hatred and tempest shield.
with 2333 HP 239 Shield
1632 armour every resist near cap (fire 75-cold 63- lighnting 71 %)

i hope you keep it updated i really enjoy this build and guide.

great job and well done

(sorry my english sucks)
Do you actaully run with Cast When Damage Taken lvl 1 or is this just a bug in the post?
I can't find a reason to run with it lvl 1
"
Kussen wrote:
Do you actaully run with Cast When Damage Taken lvl 1 or is this just a bug in the post?
I can't find a reason to run with it lvl 1

He wrote that pre-nerf of cwdt, before ggg decided to take our power away, which they're very good at doing after they give us a sample.
Baked Beans - Meme Dreams
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_a2zFbPIIiE4kURsvQ4Dw
Lv 39 right now, and nothing can kill me. With War. Mark I got 12 % life leech. I got 50 hp regen per second, tons of block and everything. I could face tank dominus already. Really enjoying this, I recently aquired that pendant you told us to get (Lazhwar) and was wondering when was the optimal time to put it on? When I get my Aurora?
this build is only standard league....... worthy
Last edited by artsy23 on Nov 29, 2013, 10:21:35 AM
"
sebay wrote:
"
Dragon585 wrote:
With this axe you really do not need any life regen nodes.

More details pls, because u wrote
"
I do not always run a life leech gem. I have 2 rings with +2 life gain on hit which is modified by infernal blow to be +5 lgoh for both rings. In addition to that I have 2% physical life leech from passives, and another 2% physical life leech from my gloves. My physical damage is pretty low, but the combination of the 5 lgoh, 4% physical life leech, and very high life regeneration keeps me alive in 90% of the maps I run.

I have Soul Taker and it is amazing.
But in this build u didn't take passive node with 2% life leech.

And what gems and what is it's levels do u use with cwdt?

If i have capp of resists from gear, i need to run purity? Or i need to change it? And what may i use instead of it.

Thx for answers.

Dragon can u pls answer?
IGN:SoRcE_
"
artsy23 wrote:
this build is only standard league....... worthy

not really.i did it on domination with not many currency and im now lvl 80 and so far,i died only once in a map because of a viper strike exile and died because of my fault.should have use a portal quicker and i respected 2% life regen since i got my aegis aurora but i shouldnt yet because of chaos dmg from viper.overall did all the content without trouble,dominus was still quite easy and exept that exile once,im maping without any problem.i still only have a 5L with a crappy axe so im far from actual power of this build yet.

this build is totaly fine for hardcore and it doesnt require expensive gear at the begening to be tanky as fuck,only at the end to get the max potential of the build and get a good dps.

"
sebay wrote:
"
sebay wrote:
"
Dragon585 wrote:
With this axe you really do not need any life regen nodes.

More details pls, because u wrote
"
I do not always run a life leech gem. I have 2 rings with +2 life gain on hit which is modified by infernal blow to be +5 lgoh for both rings. In addition to that I have 2% physical life leech from passives, and another 2% physical life leech from my gloves. My physical damage is pretty low, but the combination of the 5 lgoh, 4% physical life leech, and very high life regeneration keeps me alive in 90% of the maps I run.

I have Soul Taker and it is amazing.
But in this build u didn't take passive node with 2% life leech.

And what gems and what is it's levels do u use with cwdt?

If i have capp of resists from gear, i need to run purity? Or i need to change it? And what may i use instead of it.

Thx for answers.

Dragon can u pls answer?

personaly i find CWDT worthless now.i use enduring cry and curse on self cast since i prefer to use enduring cry when i need it and can curse like i want and not waiting on CWDT proc....molten shell is also useless since even a lvl 16 molten shell (had it on lvl 15 CWDT) blow up in about a second.

so you have few link that you can do what you want with.personaly i went with a rarity heavy strike to get better loot on rare/boss and so far it did a good job and my other 4L i tested many thing but wasnt satisfied with it.....i end up with a summon skelleton spell totem that can be usefull again hard hiting boss especialy when im out of granite flask...my armor is quite low so without granite,i dont get much ES back from block.i wish i could get a more useful 4L then that since i find it lame to use this kind of totem on a tank build lol but so far,its the most usefull 4L i tried.il probably end up changing it later if i find a more usefull 4l

for purity,i dont see the point of using it anymore if you have hight enought res from gear.you can go with hatred/discipline and tempest sheild or hatred/determination and tempest sheild if you prefer to have higther armor.

this is my stuff/link if this can help you.

Spoiler

my two stone ring is kind of shity but i needed some more res when i got my rainbowstride.when i will get a good res belt il be able to put back my old ring.on my weapon there also a blood magic gem that go with enduring cry/leap slam but i put it on my totem currently lol.need to get another BM gem but i have enought mana left for endu cry/leap so im not in an hurry yet.

Last edited by zakariusqc on Nov 29, 2013, 3:04:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info