Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

Also if you do choose to use the cast when dmg taken gem leave it at level one, all that levelling it up does is increases the dmg of the linked skills, and seeing as the linked skills dont do any dmg and are all defensive it makes no difference, however levelling it up increases the dmg needed in order for it to cast (i believe it was 540 dmg at level 3 and i scoured it back down)

Also for bosses you may wish to swap out the cast on dmg taken gem with blood magic just because you may need to cast these skills without taking dmg, like against vaal or brutus for example in the maze and collonade maps.
IGN Golioth
Last edited by Sirjohnny1 on Oct 24, 2013, 8:11:01 AM
My current Skill tree. I skip hp notes to use some dmg nodes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS7ZYVcN-6qgtCftrKpyqXzZWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-J35TKJBLPwH6IAtPlmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxPrScH2plRoyUWCAVhcvZOdV1oCkHRRMNSjF876PRjOWcz9BjNDQz2VVxjbp42rSIZ7NduenMPe-AeefyzboZKMaVWEhhO-bg1PfWNuE2WVNR34UIFBHrK_nkcOGbmm-p9JNwA_V7WqTtkFOKimlhyl07Vn-F-E62E3YjHY=

You need a Axe (Soul Taker recommend)

My Auras: Hatred, Grace (give me more Armor as determination) and Tempest shield. Purity no needed, because i have enough res.

So i have 4.2k hp, 70 block, 55 spell block.

My dmg (only 5L chest :/)10.2k dps, it's a decrease from 2k dps compared with pre 1.0 but my hp increased from 2.5k to 4.2k. 650 ES, it's enough.
Last edited by seradine on Oct 24, 2013, 8:18:57 AM
"
seradine wrote:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS7ZYVcN-6qgtCftrKpyqXzZWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-J35TKJBLPwH6IAtPlmnnFNms9DY7cxWPWdxPrScH2plRoyUWCAVhcvZOdV1oCkHRRMNSjF876PRjOWcz9BjNDQz2VVxjbp42rSIZ7NduenMPe-AeefyzboZKMaVWEhhO-bg1PfWNuE2WVNR34UIFBHrK_nkcOGbmm-p9JNwA_V7WqTtkFOKimlhyl07Vn-F-E62E3YjHY=

My Auras: Hatred, Grace (give me more Armor as determination) and Tempest shield. Purity no needed, because i have enough res.

My dmg (only 5L chest :/)10.2k dps, it's a decrease from 2k dps compared with pre 1.0 but my hp increased from 2.5k to 4.2k. 650 ES, it's enough.

I prefer to have the higher es as when i pop a granite flask it heals me by around 1.2k es per block atm which for certain situation is very very handy, although i may be tempted to drop my life down to 3.5k and pick up some extra dps also, its a shame they moved berserking to where it is now.
IGN Golioth
Also dont forget about the 15% dmg boost at the very start of the marauder tree, for just 1 point and not having to spend any extras the 15% is very nice if you want to gain a few hundred more dps
IGN Golioth
Has anyone tried getting the 5% mana reserve passive at the bottom left, as well as the 4,4 and 8% up top left? This would result in 21% reduction.

Using Grace, Determination and Hatred would be 60+60+60=180%

180% * 71%(lvl 20 RM)=127.8%
127.8% * 79%(21% Passive) = 100.96%

Total bummer right? But wait, what if we sacrifice a link to empower our reduced mana gem?

So we set 2 Auras+RM+Empower in one 4L.
120% * 0.70 (level 2 Empowered RM not even using level 3) = 84%; 84% * 79%(Passives) = 66.36%

Then another item with 1 Aura and another RM.
60% * 71%(lvl 20 RM) = 42.6%; 42.6% * 79%(Passives) = 33.65%

I am not sure how the rounding works, but this should work if the 66.36% rounds down and the 33.65% rounds up. And if not, it just means you need a level 3 Empower to bring reduced mana down to 69% reduction.

I am assuming a few things I don't know here. One, that reduced mana empowered actually drops it to 70 and 69% (Wiki's Chart only goes to lvl 20), does an empowered Aura suffer from the 125% mana multiplier (I thought % auras did not), and that the rounding is not always up.

If this works, not only did we manage to pull off 3x60%'s, but 2 of them are empowered too!

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Argdel on Oct 24, 2013, 8:35:45 AM
From what ive seen in other posts the % always round up, so if it did add up to say 100.01% of your mana it would round it up to 101%, so not doable unfortunately, elthough with a level 3 empower it may be, i havent played around with that gem at all yet, also considering getting the alphas howl.
IGN Golioth
Also im guessing you mean top left and bottom left :p
IGN Golioth
"
Sirjohnny1 wrote:

I am classically displaying my poor left/right skills :)
Last edited by Argdel on Oct 24, 2013, 8:35:25 AM
"
Argdel wrote:
"
Sirjohnny1 wrote:

I am classically displaying my poor left/right skills :)

I hope you dont drive :P
IGN Golioth
"
Sirjohnny1 wrote:
"
seradine wrote:

I prefer to have the higher es as when i pop a granite flask it heals me by around 1.2k es per block atm which for certain situation is very very handy, although i may be tempted to drop my life down to 3.5k and pick up some extra dps also, its a shame they moved berserking to where it is now.

but what you wanne skip? hatred gives me a huge dps push and grace 20% more phys reduction. and then it's no more mana to use other auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info