Dragon's Immortal Tank (Updated for 1.2)

Well, it appears that I pretty much lose a ton of armor and half my dps. I did gain hp, and ES as well. I am too tired to test this in some maps, but so far only being able to run 3 auras hurts A LOT.

Will post stats/build later.

-D
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
after playing for a while, I must say that now, marauder is more like a meattank, dealing very little damage. not very useful now.
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Quality Stuff Center (QSC)۩۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/800000

All high end stuff for the best price!
Hi guys,

I just drafted this passive skill tree, pls let me know your opinion:

Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3Uj_IvGS4n7ayqxPZyqVnzPC182cAaxq5mnpBVtz760qeE_gpwfRcvNukdFBo452OplYBWZOckquNqj0ZMNew4iPEaMk99GYWnCNDQKMU62KxZUWC4k89l875N2DWSDH1Vxp48jHa18hB_Fm-Bb6luxp4Es3gNFE3wHwJxvoqiALT5AdykGRv6Jd-E2WVNbmlY20d-vqdT36vF0k2bg6yvwA-E79XtdO1qk3rvtkFgS04qBS1bryml3Q38xVb6Z6DuDod2GttKfdfLt9M94kjueK4brdN-fXX-ug==

Basically my idea is to use Cyclon, to avoid Unwavering Stat.

I avoid the 6% block rate around Mara area,but obtained 10% from Ranger area.

Also, we got 6.4% life regen from passive finally, so I think we can enable BloodRage to obtain 10% life leech.

I only choosed 4% Reduced Mana Reserved, because I planned to use Grace, Discipline, and Tempest Shield. This will reserve 60%+60%+25%=145%, and with this 4% and 71% from Reduced Mana, it will be 97.15%.

Just call me Saodi, if you can not type my name. hehe...
I am so sad right now. I feel like this build is useless now considering the cost of soul taker and aegis aurora.

I am really hoping that Dragon will be able to salvage this build one way or another.
"
blitzforce wrote:
I am so sad right now. I feel like this build is useless now considering the cost of soul taker and aegis aurora.

I am really hoping that Dragon will be able to salvage this build one way or another.

Although I was sleep deprived and only had a few hours to look at it, my initial conclusion is that you are correct. This build now suffers heavily from lack of dps. I need to figure a way to get a 4th aura somehow, but honestly, I don't see it happening. I won't give up though :)

-D
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:

...Also, we got 6.4% life regen from passive finally, so I think we can enable BloodRage to obtain 10% life leech.

I only choosed 4% Reduced Mana Reserved, because I planned to use Grace, Discipline, and Tempest Shield. This will reserve 60%+60%+25%=145%, and with this 4% and 71% from Reduced Mana, it will be 97.15%.

Just call me Saodi, if you can not type my name. hehe...

I think the right formula with the new mana reduced nodes is:

60%+60%+45% = 145%

Reserved Mana: 145% x (1 - Mana Reserved Nodes) x Reduced Mana Gem Multiplier

145% x (1-0,04) x 0,71 = 98,83% Mana Reserved (rounded by game to 99% Mana reserved

Build still works kindof, but the aura nerf is harsh. Lost either DPS, or Armor.
----------------------------------------------------------------

2 Ideas for testing:
1. Get rid of Iron Reflexes and focus on armor only. No need for Grace anymore. Some skill points saved. Invest into Armor/Life/Block. That way you can save tempest shield as well if you go for block.

2. Try to bump the remainig auras with the empower gem in Alphas Howl / any +skill helm. Reduced Mana would turn into 0.70 multiplier with +1 skill.

Hope to see someone getting some nice optimization on that build.
"
Azloki wrote:
after playing for a while, I must say that now, marauder is more like a meattank, dealing very little damage. not very useful now.

I strongly disagree.
IGN @Ostropalca
So it appears that dps can be strong as long as you keep hatred as one of your auras. The boost is so huge that I cannot see playing without it. So that only really leaves 1 optional aura since purity is the only 40% one left and is mandatory unless you pickup more mana reserved nodes.

So atm, I am testing Hatred, Purity, and Determination. I must say my dps feels strong again, but my armor and ES are feeling very weak. I will keep looking.

-Dragon
DISCLAIMER!
dragon, try it with hatred+(anger or discipline)+purity with trigger molten+end cry+immo call what you think?
IGN: Torjackan
Ive been running this today with some noticable differences. Firstly im running Hatred, grace and purity atm. Although i wish i could swap purity for another dmg aura it sadly isnt possible without respeccing around 20 points and going up towards the shadow area for the reduced reservation nodes. I am currently sitting at 4.5k life, 1900 es, and 12.5k armour. Also now that i have all these empty sockets from auras I now have a cast on dmg taken gem linked to enduring cry, molten shell and enfeeble, this helps hugely and constantly keep max endurance charges up aswell as molten shell increasing my armour up to a little over 14k.

In my shield I am planning on linking my 20/20 decoy totem with blood rage and the cast on dmg taken gem. I have 23% chaos res atm and my life doesnt go down from blood rage, it regens at around 100 life/sec. This is obviously allowing you to stack 3 frenzy charges for a 15% att spd buff which hugely helps with dmg, taking me to around 8.6k dps with IB. (i dont have a 6l chest >.<) In my weapon im going to hopefully run immortal call with increased duration and the cast on dmg taken gem also. Hoping that with a 20/20 immortal call and increased duration that it may possibly have a 100% up time. If this is the case you may possibly consider dropping grace for another dmg aura, obviously providing you with a much needed dmg boost.

Just my thought for this build right now and im hoping it all works out, let me know of your thoughts. :)

Edit -My current build, please let me know if you see any ways for me to optimize it more :) http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0GORLhFCAWbxcvGS4aMho4GlUdFCftKMUpLimlMok26DrYPfxDY0w1TdhOKlBHUFBRYFPfVcZV1lcNV-JYY1jbWPVZ81n-Xz9gS2EhZKNk52aeZ5tqk25pcH1xTXKpdO1253flecB673y4fNmApIFvhNmE74cpjHaMz49GkFWRzprPm4OdxJ48ns2fy6C0ogCnMKeEqZWsqqyvtkG3MbndvqfAD8AaxtjPZdDQ0iHSTdSP1e3ZYeeR7Dju2e8O8B_zvvPd9kj60vuq
IGN Golioth
Last edited by Sirjohnny1 on Oct 24, 2013, 8:22:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info