0.10.8b Patch Notes

Now if only there was a way to use transmutations or alchemies on maps and have them be unidentified afterward.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Yay, finally, blind map runs. Kickass to see some of my incessant bitching/posting pay off.

Dunno how other people would feel about this, but could maps perhaps just be unid when you alch/chance/transmute them?
Not impressed with the lightning thorns nerf. Reflect mechanics need to be redone from the ground up- fiddling with their numerical values wont make them any more interesting or fun, and therell still be builds that are outright hard countered by them since such mechanics are essentially nothing more than (often unavoidable) gear/stat checks.

"
Now if only there was a way to use transmutations or alchemies on maps and have them be unidentified afterward.

Exactly what i was thinking.
IGN: KoTao
thorns and reflect is essentially a reverse gear check. Too much dps/ias and not enough hp or ES means youre dead. However, it is perhaps too effectual as a dps stacking deterrent in that the most viable builds do nothing but stack life nodes for fear of death on reflect and thorn mobs as well as the random rare mob that can kill you in one crit.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
The map+alch should be implemented
its a great idea
"
Nephalim wrote:
thorns and reflect is essentially a reverse gear check. Too much dps/ias and not enough hp or ES means youre dead. However, it is perhaps too effectual as a dps stacking deterrent in that the most viable builds do nothing but stack life nodes for fear of death on reflect and thorn mobs as well as the random rare mob that can kill you in one crit.

At least elemental reflect is generally manageable, physical reflect is a clusterfuck. If you're low armour and you do decent physical damage you totally destroy yourself. Not that I think any reflect mechanisms are particularly good.
Please make it so alch+map and map+trans+aug is considered unid, or we won't get to do this a lot.
Last edited by Hailo on May 15, 2013, 3:47:54 AM
If there are no better workarounds, blood magic should probably be disabled for unid maps.

Edit: Nm, guess you can just look at the mods after you go into the map.
"
You can now play unidentified Maps by using them in the map device. There’s a 30% quantity bonus, but you can’t see what mods they have while playing them. This doesn’t apply to unique maps.

Hah, trust GGG to come up with an even smarter way to obscure map mods than I suggested.
Last edited by OverUsedChewToy on May 15, 2013, 4:35:59 AM
If you are CI and doing an unID map you can just take off all auras go into the map and look at your mana, if you have 0 mana you are in a Blood Magic map.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info