0.10.8b Patch Notes

This patch should be deployed tomorrow.

Version 0.10.8b
Content and Balance:
  • You can now play unidentified Maps by using them in the map device. There’s a 30% quantity bonus, but you can’t see what mods they have while playing them. This doesn’t apply to unique maps.
  • Added three new Unique items, one of which were designed by our Diamond supporters.
  • Reduced the damage from Lightning Thorns by 50% in Normal difficulty, 40% in Cruel difficulty and 30% in Merciless difficulty.
  • The Frenzy Charge Duration reduction on Darkray Vectors has been changed from 75% to 50%. Using a Divine Orb on your old Darkray Vectors will update them to the new values.
  • Megaera, the boss of the Crematorium map, has been redesigned with new stats, skills and AI.

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where quality and quantity bonuses would not apply to unidentified maps.
  • Fixed a bug with NPC dialogue after reading the Letters of Exile.
  • The cooldown applied by the trap support gem will not apply if the skill is not trapped - this means totems created by the trap will not have a cooldown on their skill.
  • The Detonate Mines skill is now tagged as a castable skill, which fixes speed display on the active skill pop up.
  • Fixed a bug where a large golden statue failed to come to life.
  • Fixed a bug where if you used Dominating Blow on The Coward's Trial unique map, and portaled out or died, the door to the next room would fail to open.
  • Fixed a bug where the effects of curses from maps were not reduced by Thief's Torment.
  • Fixed a bug where "Screenshot saved" did not appear when global chat was disabled.

Now if I could just figure out a way to get an endless supply of unid rare maps. Or any unid maps for that matter.

Can you still see the total iiq bonus while inside these unid maps?
Will CI users instantly die to blood magic?

I suggest allowing a white map + alch orb placed in the machine to count as an unid rare map. Of all the time I have spent mapping, I have found about 5 rare maps. And the recipe is to steep of cost. This could be such an epic challenge added to mapping. Or it could be something nobody does because rare maps just don't drop often. I get the feeling option 2 was the intent.
DISCLAIMER!
The views and expressed opinions of Dragon are solely those of a drunken redneck and are not necessarily those of a sane person. Any likeness of intelligence is strictly coincidental and should not be taken seriously. His posts should not be read... by anyone.
Last edited by Dragon585 on May 15, 2013, 12:00:55 AM
Nice
IGN: Aux
Lightning thorns nerf is extremely welcome. Now I can play some of my hc characters that I ditched after the LT change :).

I think darkray vectors needs a further buff to be viable. Innate movement speed for example.
Last edited by kasub on May 14, 2013, 11:47:32 PM
Don't do the new UNID map thing as CI! Blood Magic AFK died :P
IGN: xBilldozerx
"
Dragon585 wrote:
Can you still see the total iiq bonus while inside these unid maps?

Yes, you do.

What will appear where the mods normally show is:

Map yields XX% more items
Area is unidentified

Where XX is the total bonus of all mods, quality, and the 30% unIDed bonus.

This looks pretty darn good!

We are going to see lot of deaths soon in Hardcore. Prepare to the QQ threads!
"
Qarl wrote:

• The Frenzy Charge Duration reduction on Darkray Vectors has been changed from 75% to 50%. Using a Divine Orb on your old Darkray Vectors will update them to the new values.

I thought that mod was unique to that item. Why is it not possible to change it for everyone automatically? Divine orbs aren't cheap.
IRON MAN
"
We are going to see lot of deaths soon in Hardcore. Prepare to the QQ threads!

I doubt it. I don't know too many people that have piles of unid'd maps sitting in their stash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info