Could someone from GGG answer please? :D

I just edited my post to clarify that the new leagues have a duration of four months. Information will certainly be posted as soon as we're ready to commit to it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Thank you Chris; look forward to seeing it (them). Keep up the great work.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
Chris wrote:
I just edited my post to clarify that the new leagues have a duration of four months. Information will certainly be posted as soon as we're ready to commit to it.

Ah interesting. Thanks Chris for the information. I guess that Reddit post from before foreshadowed this.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on May 12, 2013, 9:51:12 PM
I am very much looking forward to this. I was initially a little iffy on bothering to play on other leagues after I spent so much time building up a lot of wealth on default and all my characters there.
However, I've had an absolute blast playing on the 1 month race and enjoying the reset economy and just going from scratch again. Suddenly just leveling up is fun. It becomes more about what I can find and trade for, instead of just looking through my stash for level appropriate items.

I do understand the fear of splitting the playerbase though. A lot of people already complain hardcore is dead because of the month race going on but I think in the end it will be for the best. After all, nothing stopping you from playing in both leagues at once. I think eventually hardcore and default will both be sorta relics of an older age and everyone will just play in the 4 month ones.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
@CliveHowlitzer

Well said. I believe the only reason that Default league can never viably sustain itself permanently is that it would require an exponentially greater player base to keep the demand for items up. Unfortunately this seems highly unrealistic. However on the flip side, it can sustain itself if players with items leave to play other leagues, kind of like HC deaths but in a "not playing anymore" fashion.

I believe new players will be naturally inclined to join Default/HC leagues but they will inevitably be drawn to the long term limited leagues after accumulating wealth. Default will have a better economy as the rich players will leave, giving the newbs a nice play ground. The other limited time leagues will have better economies as well from being refreshed.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on May 12, 2013, 10:02:24 PM
I really fail to see the need for a Self-found league. If you really want to play Self-found/solo, then you can do so on the regular leagues without causing any strain for GGG. You'll never be in a group/make a trade anyway, so it's not like it affects you whether you're on one league or another. It just creates problems for GGG because they need money to maintain this new self-found league.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"
Duskbane wrote:
I really fail to see the need for a Self-found league. If you really want to play Self-found/solo, then you can do so on the regular leagues without causing any strain for GGG. You'll never be in a group/make a trade anyway, so it's not like it affects you whether you're on one league or another. It just creates problems for GGG because they need money to maintain this new self-found league.

Cool story bro.

In any case, I like the idea of the 4 month self-refresh cycles not only does it keep the economy stable by wiping items after every interval, but it keeps people's prices more honest, with people trading goods they don't need for goods they need in a true barter system, instead of hoarding the "good stuff" to get what the market deems they're worth. Being that they'll be gone in a couple weeks and you won't get your stuff if you just keep them in the stash.

That is, assuming these are leagues with trading we're talking about.

I'd be happy even if the new leagues were cutthroat and iron man (even though I don't plan on sticking with them if they're introduced) just for the change of pace at this point.
IGN: NoahsArChen

"Oh awesome, this guy posted his current gear. Let me find him an upgrade!" ~Said no one ever.
Last edited by SaintSoLo on May 12, 2013, 10:12:53 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Two new permanent leagues will exist within one month from today.

Edit: I should clarify - by permanent I meant "four months".

That sounds interesting.

What is your policy on patching these leagues? 4 months is a pretty interesting time frame. That's JUST LONG ENOUGH that a significant balance or content patch being deployed on it could fuck up the whole ladder during the league duration.

I'd like to see a legitimate manifesto which contains a list of the things that you specifically reserve the right to alter during the race, along with a list of things that you guarantee to be constant.
Last edited by HopTortoise on May 12, 2013, 10:12:58 PM
"
HopTortoise wrote:
I'd like to see a legitimate manifesto which contains a list of the things that you specifically reserve the right to alter during the race, along with a list of things that you guarantee to be constant.

Pretty sure that list would just be:

a) Everything
b) That it'll get wiped in 4 months
IGN: NoahsArChen

"Oh awesome, this guy posted his current gear. Let me find him an upgrade!" ~Said no one ever.
they did this in d2. there was ladder and non ladder and they reset the ladder every so often

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info