[1.1.0] Facebreaker Cyclone in Endgame

"
leighferon wrote:
i use Atziri's Foible the mana amulet on my claw cyclone duelist dont have to worry about insufficient stats. he also can run lvl 11 arctic armor with short burst of cyclone(2 mana flows workin toward 3rd+EB) ! stand tank double strike. =o

Great! Glad to see someone using Cyclone on mana. I didn't think it was viable. And Arctic armor on top of mana cyclone too...

---
Just changed my belt to one of those new rustic ones to improve my resists.

From my old Meginords

to this shiny belt

Lost about 500dps and 50hp, but gained about 1.5k armor and a crapload of resists. Now overcapped by 39%+ all (cept chaos obviously). The dps loss by switching to a rustic wasn't as much as I expected. They do seem rather viable for people needing more defensive stats.
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Jun 24, 2013, 12:20:01 PM
Thanks for writing about this cyclone.
Saw you a few days ago running cyclone and i converted one of my old character to this build, now this is my main character :).

mind asking you how much you paid for your amulet (not easy to get one with right stats).

BTW here is my gear

Spoiler

Excited for new patch. That damage formula recalculating looks extremely powerful for us.
New patch gave me around 1.7k DPS on Infernal Blow and 1k on Cyclone.
1658 -> 2600 Cyclone
2112 -> 3806 Infernal Blow
i got woping high dps
from 8.9k dps to 14k dps o_O.
"
commonjunks wrote:
i got woping high dps
from 8.9k dps to 14k dps o_O.

omg.

Now I'm curious. Can't play till later though.

I have a bad feeling about this. I'll probably have to make major changes if I get more dps...
Super excited, patching at the moment. Will update asap. Got a good feeling about this.

Pre-patch: 11.7k cyclone without Cruel Oak reward.
Post-patch: 18.2k.

Not bad. Solved my leech problem, started a reflect problem.
Might swap out Added Fire for Life Leech again, just feels safer that way.
Last edited by Acrosis on Jun 26, 2013, 5:05:30 AM
"
Acrosis wrote:
Post-patch: 18.2k.

Still haven't looked at mine. We're so getting nerfed :D

"
Acrosis wrote:
Might swap out Added Fire for Life Leech again, just feels safer that way.

I'm almost 99% sure that I will need to change my build now. You're going to die instantly even with leech. I had to go down to 4k dps for phys reflect mods to be safe.. and now they give us that much dps.

---
[First Reactions to Patch 0.11.1]
wtf. I have 19.5k cyclone dps now.

So now we're like near 40k worth of non-crit dps -_-". Maybe I shouldn't be posting this.

At this level of dps, I'm beginning to wonder if 14% leech is the same as 4% leech due to cap.

1% melee dmg is worth about 50dps to me. 1% speed is worth about 80dps.

MeleePhys actually worth levelling quality now.

Physical Reflect is going to murder me. I think I need Vaal Pact? I will miss Life Regen for sure, but I don't see any easy way out of this situation.

If I get VP, chaos degen map mods/righteous fire/poison types are going to be a bitch. I also won't be able to whirl as I please any more since my life will degenerate very very quickly. Every map will basically be a no-regen map for me, and I'm not exactly fond of those. I think I can force cyclone on mana (at the cost of an aura), but that would only solve half the issues. *rip hair out*

---
On second thought, maybe we won't be nerfed. I think they'll just wait for us to nerf ourselves due to reflect. Not sure how to solve Abyssus + phys reflect + limited life

---
On third thought, immortal call perhaps? Sure it feels clunky, but at least it's not as bad as the VP option.
Last edited by Myrthr on Jun 26, 2013, 10:47:06 PM
I have a plan.
Changing my 6L to Cyclone - BM - Added Fire - Melee Phys - Life Leech - Conc Effect.
No more Faster Attacks so it will be less physical dps in comparison, and more of a hybrid mix of ele and physical.
Rocking about 15k dps now which seems comfortable. Can't wait for the immediate Facebreaker nerf and then I'll have to redo everything.
Now to recolour my Carcass, fml.
That what i thought first, cyclone will be nerfed :(.
did 69 map and finish in < 5min.

First time ever, just did 70 map in < 5 min also.
Last edited by commonjunks on Jun 26, 2013, 6:55:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info