[1.1.0] Facebreaker Cyclone in Endgame

Could u post some screenshots? Cuz idk if ur 19k dps is already multiplied. If not that means u do 19k x 2 with cyclone = almost 38k dps, that would be op

But post screenshots, im curious ;)

Edit. Wait what? u running vaal pact? How u deal with it? with that low life? u have to basically attack all time to survive right? Must be painful at some maps with no regen/chaos dmg or ele weakness + burning area etc

Last edited by Sebash6 on Jun 27, 2013, 2:11:59 PM
I wasn't sure it would work, but it turned out alright. I had to lower my dps quite a bit, and give up life regen (which was a BIG deal) in return for immunity to reflect.

Well. Potential near immunity anyway. I'm not quite there yet since 8% leech is apparently not enough to counter physical reflect mobs on physical reflect maps. But I'm almost there. It feels good being able to whirl into reflect mobs on normal maps at full dps.

posted build up for comment.

---
@sebash no it's not multiplied, and you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. The numbers and skills and stuff are posted for people to consider. I'm just telling you that this is one possible way of building, and my experiences with the advantages/disadvantages of this build.

The hardest part about getting this thing running was the sustain. Cyclone is very resource costly on a 6L, and my previous experience tells me that it is best used with blood magic support. However this is a very bad idea for HP-VP builds because the degen adds up. Unlike CI-VP builds, we cannot recover our life if we stand still.

As a result, I found the safest way to deal with the problem was to convert cyclone to run on mana. This has the additional advantage of you not killing yourself if you whirl blindly while people clutter up your screen with loot or sparks or fireballs or whatever. Running on mana is not easy for a STR/DEX char with near zero mana regen passives. So what I did was try to reduce the mana cost as much as possible.

I think I pretty much nailed the sustain issue for normal maps. I would like to get a bit of mana leech though on my gear if possible when I'm not so broke.

---
The other big change I found was that you have to keep moving to survive. Your hp will be full if you hit anything, but if you do not, the little hits add up quickly and there is no way for you to recover the hp save going back to town.

Being frozen or stunned also becomes deadlier. I need to redo a set of mana flasks later.

Chaos degen maps were less of a problem than I expected. The drop in hp was very very gradual (nothing like blood rage). You just can't stand around sorting through loot very long.

Any sort of lag spike will give you a heart attack. Although it wasn't my intention, this really is a glass cannon build in the sense you have to be very careful with it. It wasn't like my old regen build where I could be fairly confident nothing but chaos dmg probably could kill it.
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Jun 27, 2013, 2:26:01 PM
K thx but screenshots would be helpful to atleast see the mana cost of ur cyclone, etc.
I believe u have that high dps with that full dps gear, just wanted to know if its already multiplied if not, ty.
And also wondering if facebreaker is better than high dps axe (like mine), idk u tested, but would be nice cuz i prefer use my gloves with hp and life leech etc^^
"
Sebash6 wrote:
mana cost of ur cyclone

20 mana :D

I linked up Q20L20 reduced cost to it if you check my armor. That plus all the 5%/10% reduced cost passives I could access. I probably went a bit overboard... (actually i don't even know if this is the most efficient way. maybe i should work on improving mana regen??)

---
btw I don't have 19k dps any more. only 14.4k. I could get it slightly higher if I used meginords, but meh. I don't care. (I guess I could swap out just for Reduced elemental resists mods... I'll decide later)
Last edited by Myrthr on Jun 27, 2013, 2:54:01 PM
Hey, just wanted to point out you can save a passive point by connecting down in two points from the life near the templar swashbuckling node and disconnecting the three points from the athleticism cluster. (For the Vaal build, unless you're planning on picking up the endurance charge later)
Last edited by andaval on Jun 27, 2013, 2:30:53 PM
Seeing as I'm a little strapped for currency at the moment and can't respec into VP, would it still be viable to take out some support gems before attempting maps with physical or elemental reflect and use the original build? (the non-VP build).
IGN: Dergless
I found that using Life Leech over another minor support gem (Faster Attacks/Added Fire) is still very much viable, but you still have to be fairly careful on reflect mobs. Granted, you will have to consider hit and run style tactics against them and beware stacked up reflects in big mob packs.
Last edited by Acrosis on Jun 27, 2013, 8:08:23 PM
@Andaval tyvm. I just spotted that. I also need the dex, so it's two birds with one stone.

@Necronsorc Original build is very viable and much much more tankier than VP build. You just have to remember to lower dps before you hit reflect mobs.

---
On how much Leech do you need with Vaal Pact:

(Physical damage only)

18% of your damage is reflected from a reflect mob +
18% additional damage is reflected from a reflect map modifier
= Total 36% reflected

Assume I have 70% damage reduction due to armor. Out of the 36% reflected damage, I only take (0.3*36=) 10.8% of my own dealt damage.

I get about 8% from my Life Leech gem, so I need about 2-3% from gear. Which means I should be all set if I reequip my lower-dps leech amulet. I will test this out later.

---
Hm. not quite immune when hitting physical reflect mob on physical reflect map. I wonder why. It's very close though since I don't die immediately, and I can kill the mob without reducing dps if I cast endurance charges. I wonder what I missed...
Last edited by Myrthr on Jun 28, 2013, 9:39:33 AM
Hey, didn't read the wohle thread, so I don't know if you already discussed this somewhere else, but did you try using Life Gain on Hit before you switched to Vaal Pact? Since the last patch "removed" damage effectiveness from melee gems, you now get 100% of the life gain, instead of 40% prior to the patch. I use it on my crappy geared facebreak cyclone duelist on Anarchy and it actually is enough to let me stay on full life in large packs. Granted, I'm just level 74 and the highest map level I've farmed so far is 68, but I think when it works for me with Blood Magic and 170 mana cost, it may as well work for you.
"
mayjay wrote:
so I don't know if you already discussed this somewhere else, but did you try using Life Gain on Hit before you switched to Vaal Pact?

No, partly because I wanted to see if I could pull off a life VP build for the hell of it. :D I also don't have to cap my dps after i solve the issue.

But I have a gut feeling it wouldn't work because we're talking about 10%+ life leech here. Facebreaker builds tend to increase dps via base damage and not attack speed. If I recall from my character tab, each hit should do roughly 3k to 5k physical?? That would be at least 300-500 damage returned per hit (post-damage-reduction).

Life Gain on Hit only goes up to 44/hit. I don't think it is enough (in theory). Someone should try and let us know. You will probably still need to supplement it with quality life leech gem.
Last edited by Myrthr on Jun 28, 2013, 5:29:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info