[1.1.0] Facebreaker Cyclone in Endgame

"
SecretFox wrote:
Hi, Myrthr, i just started playing with facebreakers, i had a very good cycloner in the past, so i really like the idea of facebreaker cyclone. I started building my facebreaker character with KorgothBG's build, but his build is for infernal blow and i want to end up with cyclone so i tried to do my own build where i can reach middle point between your two builds. So i ended up with this: http://bit.ly/1g4Cwhx. What do you think about it? I traded up your reduced cost of auras and skills for block and more life. Do you think this build can be viable in new HC? Thanks for your answers.

Regarding your tree, if you're doing it that way I'd probably forgo the 20% melee phys dmg since it's not that important for FB and route it through the old circle of life for more hp (like this). The only major change is the loss of the starter 16%armor/16life node at the marauder start, but I can tell you right now a 8% node gives you more hp than that. I only take it because I like armor.

I can't really tell you whether this build will work or not, but I can offer comments. For starters, you have really low 74INT/103DEX. This may prevent you from using certain skills such as PurityLightning (151INT), Grace/Haste (153DEX), ConcEffect/IncrAoE (108/109INT), and probably some high end evasion gear. I'm not saying you can't do it, but you may need a lot of stats from your gear to make up the deficit depending on what gear/skills you intend to use.

The other thing is the lack of endurance charges. I find them helpful and swear by them, others do not. If you're going hc, I think they would be a good idea though. Immortal call is very helpful in certain situations. High armor/leech can usually take care of the rest, block or no block. Another thing to keep in mind is that mitigation is important for Abyssus because the multiplier is applied afterwards.

Reduced mana is a personal thing. I find it helpful, others do not. It depends on whether you're comfortable with a 200+ cost cyclone. I go fast and typically do high-consumption cycloning; as a result I like to keep the hp degen as low as possible. I also do not like relying purely on regen because half-regen/no-regen mods exist. Since you have tried cyclone before, just go with whatever cost feels comfortable to you.

You have a lot of elemental resistance specc'ed in your tree. These can probably be freed up depending on what gear you are using. Your attack speed nodes can probably be diverted as well (unless you are absolutely certain you can deal with reflect under any circumstances, in which case do whatever).
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Mar 11, 2014, 11:14:32 AM
The main difference between your two builds is that KorgothBG's build relies hardly on block which can be then easily turned in to a spell block with some items. So the goal for me was to save as much block as possible from his build while maintaining some passives from your build (Iron reflexes, Amplify). With high block you dont need much armour, because most of the attacks will be blocked anyway, but also as i allready said you can convert block to spell block so you can avoid some hard hitting spells aswell. Armour is good for mitigating attack damage but has nothing to do with spells. Mb you can help me change my tree a little so i can get both good block and also core things from your build. I think block is very important for HC.

upd. What do you think about this build? http://bit.ly/N4J48F
Last edited by SecretFox on Mar 11, 2014, 7:42:45 PM
"
SecretFox wrote:
The main difference between your two builds is that KorgothBG's build relies hardly on block which can be then easily turned in to a spell block with some items. So the goal for me was to save as much block as possible from his build while maintaining some passives from your build (Iron reflexes, Amplify). With high block you dont need much armour, because most of the attacks will be blocked anyway, but also as i allready said you can convert block to spell block so you can avoid some hard hitting spells aswell. Armour is good for mitigating attack damage but has nothing to do with spells. Mb you can help me change my tree a little so i can get both good block and also core things from your build. I think block is very important for HC.

upd. What do you think about this build? http://bit.ly/N4J48F

Revised build. Same points, more armor, 2% more resist, more dps. Stop taking the 20% phys damage node.. it's useless when you have a 800%-1000% facebreaker. The dps increase is minuscule. An attack speed node will give you more dps.

The comments in previous post still mostly apply (low INT particularly, and to a lesser degree DEX). I think you'll need to substantially build this character and play it to get an idea of what you want to tweak.

Block is important I agree, but in general I'd say high elemental cap and spell block are higher priorities. I do intend to get strides and 22% block eventually...
Last edited by Myrthr on Mar 12, 2014, 10:01:36 AM
Thank you for your support, Myrthr, i think i will try the last one for my character now. As for stats - my last character indeed used some items with high added stat numbers (carnage heart etc) but i think i can utilize some passives like Hard Knoks if there will be a need of some dex or int. About block: with this build and lioneye's remorse it will be about 70% block and with saffel's it will be 63% block which will be then converted in to spell block. With rainbowstrides and some passive it will be 63 * (0.8 + 0.25 + 0.12) = 73 Spell block which is about cap of spell block. All this calculation made with new stats for uniques (not legacy).
Hi Myrthr,

thanks for updating the tree! I just respecced my Cycloner according to your updated version.
The idea of taking a Saffell's for hard spell bosses is great, as I was having a lot of trouble dealing with any of them in 1.0.6 (Palace Dominus especially..) So having greatly increased max resists + some spell block should really help there.
I do own some Rainbowstrides, but really can't afford to lose the HP there. Let me know if you wanna loan them for tests or whatever.

I am really not liking my HP with the newest patch. I had to take some res nodes in the tree in order to get rid of my Purity of Elements, but at lvl83 I am really starved for points. My life is down to 3400 (was 4300...) which just isn't acceptable really. And I don't see an easy fix...
I could go back to Phys Dmg + Life Amulet, but that would require me to use the LL gem again - which would drop me below 15k dps (19k with added fire dmg)

Running Grace+Determination is awesome though, 90% dmg reduction all the time. I do miss the 7th bubble and the huge Immortal Call duration tho.

Maybe take another look at my gear? Not sure what to improve though, other than getting legacy FB obviously.

Spoiler
"
therealjcool wrote:
Running Grace+Determination is awesome though, 90% dmg reduction all the time. I do miss the 7th bubble and the huge Immortal Call duration tho.

It's nice, but we also paid a huge price by spending an extra 6 nodes to reach the shadow/ranger reduced reservation cluster. For those who don't like armor as much, that's easily 14-17 nodes that can be diverted to sexier attack speed/hp/block nodes. It wasn't the easiest decision to make.

On the bright side, 15k armor with Saffells is pretty respectable :D

"
therealjcool wrote:
I am really not liking my HP with the newest patch. I had to take some res nodes in the tree in order to get rid of my Purity of Elements, but at lvl83 I am really starved for points. My life is down to 3400 (was 4300...) which just isn't acceptable really. And I don't see an easy fix...

Give up the first 5 mixed armor/life nodes out of the marauder area and divert them into pure 8% life nodes?

"
therealjcool wrote:
Maybe take another look at my gear? Not sure what to improve though, other than getting legacy FB obviously.

Havoc Eye ring would be a candidate to get more hp on. Leech amulet.. up to you. A lot of people claim they can survive on minimal life leech these days, so I dunno *shrug*. You'll probably need to divert skill points to hp nodes temporarily if you need more.

Last edited by Myrthr on Mar 15, 2014, 2:52:22 AM
i sell 798% & 792% facebreaker's in ambush if someone wants!
Nice build btw!
"
Myrthr wrote:

Give up the first 5 mixed armor/life nodes out of the marauder area and divert them into pure 8% life nodes?

I already gave those up/didn't take them in order to reach both reduced mana clusters.
As I said, lvl83 and feeling very starved for points :(

Here is my current tree with 100 points:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAdwB5xRNFy8ZhRmGGYoaOBpsGo8b-iSqJd8nLymlKk0t0jB1Nug26TrYPydE50ZpR35KyE4qVdZXDVivWfNfP2TnZU1mnmoeajtqk25pbqpvnnB9cql4DXy7fNmApIMJgziE2ZBVkc6ZK5rMm7WdgJ7NogCkGaSspzCnhKgYqW6rxaxHrKq18rZBu-28n72Bvoq-p8APwBrDOsWKykrSIdJN1e3h2uNq45_rLOw47w7vfPAf8i_z3fba9zL3vvrS-wmAVk99IPA=

Obviously gonna invest any further points in pure HP nodes.

"

Havoc Eye ring would be a candidate to get more hp on. Leech amulet.. up to you. A lot of people claim they can survive on minimal life leech these days, so I dunno *shrug*. You'll probably need to divert skill points to hp nodes temporarily if you need more.

Havoc Eye gives me a LOT of dps, replacing that will be very costly I fear. At least it does have hp.... but yeah I will look. As for the amulet, well - I tried with only the 2% from the tree, no effing way. Maybe with a 6L and huge dps (like yours) it is possible, but not for me. As I am using addded fire damage and hatred, only ~10k of my DPS is physical. 2% leech is 200hp/s, which just doesn't cut it.

having some issues with dps :( the tooltip is saying ... 900 dps with hatred all gems in the 5L are lvl 15

cyclone-Bloodmagic- faster attacks-melee phy damage- con effect

currently i am lvl 60

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBmSu9gavFR35lTYTZJd8b-qQZbmm-p9JNwA_V7WqTtkFOKimlAdy-ingNqW618m6qSsg_JypNWK9GaZrMMHXh2jboAeenMBQgUEeezdIh975XDZHOu-33MnKpfNmsqlnzwBqQVaeEGjhmnvrScH2plRoy

what i currently have as passives

current gear

i dont know what is wrong , also i cant seem to 4 socket the facebreakers , the orb cannot be applied , facebreakers gloves broken ?

i play on ambush btw
i guess it happends when u use rings/ammy without flat phys damage,
u should understand how fb works
ign: PlasticSupporter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info