Shift attack should be a priority.

"
renatobaal wrote:
You misunderstand what the discussion in this thread was about. Nobody thought the system was perfectly fine; we have all experienced issues to some extent. We simply disagree(d) on the impact of the issues (and the way the problem statement was formulated).

Furthermore, I think that the disagreements in this thread only increased the overall quality of the arguments used and the clarification of the point of view of the OP. In this light, I am confused why you would ask anyone to stop posting.

I agree with you 100%. There really was only one person in this thread that was rude and I felt should have not bothered posting. What you just said is exactly what discussions are for. The longer they go the more insight is given from all angles.

+1
"
Chris wrote:
I believe that 0.9.11 contains some changes to the shift-attack functionality that may do what you want (but I'll need to check when in the office tomorrow to see whether it did fix that).

I appreciate your reply Chris. I hope you come back to this thread when you have more info.

I want to reiterate how very important I feel this is for your game and your company. Do not let this wonderful game be overlooked by gamers like me because of this issue. I truly feel it is that important.

I hope that even the people that disagree can see I (and the others participating) are trying to help the little bit we can. This game is so close to being amazing, take it all the way GGG!
"
Mizak wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
I believe that 0.9.11 contains some changes to the shift-attack functionality that may do what you want (but I'll need to check when in the office tomorrow to see whether it did fix that).

I appreciate your reply Chris. I hope you come back to this thread when you have more info.

I want to reiterate how very important I feel this is for your game and your company. Do not let this wonderful game be overlooked by gamers like me because of this issue. I truly feel it is that important.

I hope that even the people that disagree can see I (and the others participating) are trying to help the little bit we can. This game is so close to being amazing, take it all the way GGG!

YeeY!! Go Chris :D

Here's me hoping for the best possible outcome. :)

And just to emphasise on Mizaks point I can tell about my little group of players. I've gotten about 8-10 players to play PoE. Of them maybe 1 or 2 will come back when new content is added and last wipe has been. Main gripe for them was "the feel" of the game. Sure shift won't solve other issues with gameplay but it sure as hell is a big step in the right direction.
These are normal players and I hope I can get them in on som loot-huntin after OB launches.
Oh and some also thought the game was "to hardcore".

I to hope for an in the end awesome game and I have full confidence GGG will make their best effort to get there.
Keep it up.
My jumpy nerve about going OB with broken shift is somewhat lessened now at least.
"
Dalkordigo wrote:
"
Mizak wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

YeeY!! Go Chris :D

Here's me hoping for the best possible outcome. :)

And just to emphasise on Mizaks point I can tell about my little group of players. I've gotten about 8-10 players to play PoE. Of them maybe 1 or 2 will come back when new content is added and last wipe has been. Main gripe for them was "the feel" of the game. Sure shift won't solve other issues with gameplay but it sure as hell is a big step in the right direction.
These are normal players and I hope I can get them in on som loot-huntin after OB launches.
Oh and some also thought the game was "to hardcore".

I to hope for an in the end awesome game and I have full confidence GGG will make their best effort to get there.
Keep it up.
My jumpy nerve about going OB with broken shift is somewhat lessened now at least.

I wanted to give you a shout of appreciation as well Dalkordigo, for helping to keep this thread alive. It is obvious you care about this game and I dont think this thread would have got a GGG stamp without you.

Big fist pump to you sir, from the Pacific Northwest!
I need to be able to rebind hold position to spacebar. It hurts my hand to not be able to do this. I am not playing this beta even though I have a key because of this. I hope this issue is resolved soon as I think this game has potential.
You can consider the fist thoroughly pumped Mizak.
I'm siding with op.

Truth be told, I expected shift to work exactly like it did in diablo 2.
So when it didn't respond to my expectation I simply though that the game reception of the "shift" command was somehow sluggish.
I only realized how it works by reading this thread.

This is quite a problem for me because it works a la diablo 2 in all the arpg I played up until now and the mechanic is quite rooted in my mind.

It's difficult to change approach.
Running->wait for character to stop->shift->start shooting
It's quite unpractical.
Most of the times I find myself running toward the monster I want to hit, for example.
Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
There should be something like the "hold alt to loot" option, but for enemies.
Last edited by ionface on Jul 8, 2012, 4:09:58 PM
I agree with the OP.

Everything in this game is absolutely great, except the fluidity of combat.

It really takes away from playing a ranged character and makes it harder to kite and avoid getting hit. Melee players may not notice it as much.

I wouldn't say it's a game breaker for me, but I am sure it will be for many people. If it's improved I would definitely get more enjoyment out of the game.
"
Patrick92 wrote:
I agree with the OP.

Everything in this game is absolutely great, except the fluidity of combat.

It really takes away from playing a ranged character and makes it harder to kite and avoid getting hit. Melee players may not notice it as much.

I wouldn't say it's a game breaker for me, but I am sure it will be for many people. If it's improved I would definitely get more enjoyment out of the game.

Thank you for adding to this discussion. I think it is important for this issue/thread to not fall into the abyss of the forum and your comment helps do that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info