/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
YOUREaHOOKER wrote:
"
thats like 16 $ for a virtual visual upgrade
.. Well.. it is essentially paying 16.00 USD for a virtual cosmetic upgrade, indeed.

We aren't talking about a consumable item here, it can be used and re-used indefinitely, on ANY class, on ANY headgear..

It is not bound by time constraints or any other restrictions governing how you are to use/enjoy it.

I notice you're currently listed as a "Survivor Supporter", which tells me you were perfectly happy parting with 10 USD for the back attachment, red portal, and forum title.

I understand that you likely purchased said pack to support PoE/GGG, however I am somewhat perplexed as to how that differs from $16.00 for arguably the most ornate/massive headgear skin currently available in PoE.

Let me explain.
I bought the supporter pack because I needed points to buy premium stash tab bundles. I just need more than 10, I cant play with less, but maybe thats just me. So paying 40$ for 400 points or paying 50$ for 400 points and some "extra items" is almost the same to me. I was thinking like this - I played League of Legends since beta and dumped more than 300 euros into that game overall. Stopped to play that game now when season 4 started.
I'm more into PoE now and I will play it long enough to be worth investing into this game now. My free time my hobby = best investment no matter what it is. So yeah, I was buying legendary skins in LoL for almost 20$ so why not something in this game what makes me happier when playing this game. It was hard for me to decide, but I bought the Demon kings horn at the end. It looks amazing on Marauder, so big. I dislike it however on my main Scion toon. Looks crazy little and almost not noticable with full zoom-out.

Anyway, I bought the stash tab bundles the day before they were on sale ( yesterday ). So I emailed GGG support asking them to refund the difference in points. They obviously did it and I have some points left.
Never played the Spectral throw build and I was thinking about getting this superior effect aswell, but I feel like ST is the most boring build and most boring gameplay in the whole game so I'm really not sure... what do you guys think ?

Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Dec 26, 2013, 3:36:00 AM
"

Let me explain.
I bought the supporter pack because I needed points to buy premium stash tab bundles. I just need more than 10, I cant play with less, but maybe thats just me. So paying 40$ for 400 points or paying 50$ for 400 points and some "extra items" is almost the same to me.

For sure, that's how I look at it. You also have to remember that (if I'm not mistaken) the packs are not going to be on sale later on down the track.

"

Never played the Spectral throw build and I was thinking about getting this superior effect aswell, but I feel like ST is the most boring build and most boring gameplay in the whole game so I'm really not sure... what do you guys think ?

I personally love playing Spectral Throw with the Seraph skin, makes the build more enjoyable for sure.

I've been playing Dominion's crit. ST build for the past week and am having a blast, not sure if it is as fun for everyone though.
"
Dreggon wrote:
Seraph Spectral Throw effect 31% off - 65 points.

I really like this one!

Agreed; nice effect at a reasonable price. Been waiting for a sale and happy to see it come along so soon after the effect was introduced. <clicks "buy" button>
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
" ..It was hard for me to decide, but I bought the Demon kings horn at the end. It looks amazing on Marauder, so big. I dislike it however on my main Scion toon. Looks crazy little and almost not noticable with full zoom-out.
... the difference in points. They obviously did it and I have some points left.

Right on man, happy to hear it.

I apologize if I came off as rude in my original comment, but I personally felt the discounted price was extremely reasonable (also glad to hear you ended up deciding the same). Nice to hear about GGG's customer service regarding the stash tabs, and I do agree with the size on Scion's. If there isn't already a thread requesting it get a 20% size boost or w/e, please start one, you have my vote.

Didn't mean to derail the thread at all, if any mod wants to clean it up I would certainly not be offended.

Also I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon and agree that I really dig today's discounted ST effect.

Best of luck with drops everyone
Lightning Bat pet 36% off - 160 points.

What the hell is this?
IRON MAN
Hmm, I saw the bat in-game, it looked great, but not better than my kiwi, but still looked good, but also not better than my rhoa, but dream of owning every mtx in-game is wonderful, but it cost precious points, but the bat emits FUCKING lightning, but..
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
Last edited by ignarsoll on Dec 27, 2013, 4:37:38 AM
Ew. Me no like bat. :c

No, no, I say to the bat
for I have a fat ass cat

IGN: Caessa_Undying - 4 FPS Immersive Rain 4 Lyfe!

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/822740
"
Dreggon wrote:
Lightning Bat pet 36% off - 160 points.

What the hell is this?

Cool pet; I'll buy another pet or three when we can have more than one out at a time.
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
I'm weak :(
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
ignar pls
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info